Official name use

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Christophano
Team Supported: Darlington

Official name use

Post by Christophano » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:13 am

So, the FA are making us change our officially registered name; That is, the name we have to register with them.
We also still own the name Darlington FC (and the badge etc), having bought at all for a fee.

What's to stop us using Darlington FC for all of our communications (tickets, programs, stadium sign etc) as opposed to the new official name we're having enforced on us?
Whatever name we go with, I assume the preference would be that the name we're "known as" stays the same (that certainly seems to be the preference among fans), so by using our real name, which we're legally entitled to use, wherever possible we will be ensuring, as far as possible, that the FA enforced name is just a bit of paper.

So, are there any FA rules (yet) that state you must use your official full (FA approved) name in certain places and, if there isn't, will we be sticking to our real name?

herts_darlo

Re: Official name use

Post by herts_darlo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Christophano wrote:So, the FA are making us change our officially registered name; That is, the name we have to register with them.
We also still own the name Darlington FC (and the badge etc), having bought at all for a fee.

What's to stop us using Darlington FC for all of our communications (tickets, programs, stadium sign etc) as opposed to the new official name we're having enforced on us?
Whatever name we go with, I assume the preference would be that the name we're "known as" stays the same (that certainly seems to be the preference among fans), so by using our real name, which we're legally entitled to use, wherever possible we will be ensuring, as far as possible, that the FA enforced name is just a bit of paper.

So, are there any FA rules (yet) that state you must use your official full (FA approved) name in certain places and, if there isn't, will we be sticking to our real name?
Nothing stops us using Darlington FC for everything except the playing name. I'm checking exactly where this "playing name" must be used.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:38 pm

herts_darlo wrote:
Christophano wrote:So, the FA are making us change our officially registered name; That is, the name we have to register with them.

Nothing stops us using Darlington FC for everything except the playing name. I'm checking exactly where this "playing name" must be used.
I would imagine the playing name would be used on official business with the League, The FA and fixture lists...

Something I have just thought about, what is the name of the company that run the club is the business name DFC1883, I was just wondering if it would be possible to use thd name Darlington FC as trading name for the club?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:28 am

fozzovmurton wrote:
herts_darlo wrote:

I would imagine the playing name would be used on official business with the League, The FA and fixture lists...

Something I have just thought about, what is the name of the company that run the club is the business name DFC1883, I was just wondering if it would be possible to use thd name Darlington FC as trading name for the club?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Think company law precludes that as it's been used for a failed business in the past.

Ultimately, we're not overly bothered at the moment, as most important things that you guys will see (we think!) will only have DFC on them. :)

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 am

herts_darlo wrote:

If the plans are to use Darlington 1883 only where necessary (such as correspondence with the FA or league) but to continue using Darlington FC everywhere else then I'm very pleased by that.