Shirt sponsor

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Shirt sponsor

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Are you entering a competition named "see how can sound the most ungrateful person of the day"?

The Echo pledge was on a different pitch, and that pitch ended. I'm just grateful that they've decided to sponsor us instead, hmm what's the betting for 10 grand?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quaker5

Post by Quaker5 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I wasn't being ungratefull . I thought that the Echo had publically pledged the £10K before and that that we could get a little more money from a NEW shirt deal ?

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:09 pm

A definite plus point must be that if the Echo is our sponsor then I would suspect it would follow that we will get a decent press coverage, despite our low non league status.
COME ON DARLO!

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Getting £10K out of a company these days for a club of our standing is almost impossible. Getting £10K from a company for nothing is impossible.

Make no mistake, the businesses who had indicated they'd put in £10K including the Echo were expecting something for their money. The move away from the Arena and the subsequent demotion meant that there was little the club could tangibly give in return. Full credit to the Echo for putting the money in regardless of the method.

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I think this can be moved to the "answered" section on the grounds that events have answered this for us?