Couple of Questions

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Couple of Questions

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 pm

To start with, I would like to say thanks for the work put in so far, done a great job even if there has been some hiccups along the way, I got a couple of questions

1. When it comes to the running of the club, do we have a base in Darlo for this purpose or are we going to be based at Heritage Park or the board just work from home?

2. Membersbip Schemes...I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch Sunderland they had what I think was called The Gold Card Membership for about 20 quid(about 40 Notes today), would we ever set something like that up or is that specifically what the CIC is for

3. Is there still a few Volunteering opportunities, I am interested in helping, although I am going to attend games next season, I would give some time to help, say:-

In the bar(before and after the match and at half time).
Stewarding.
Turnstile Operator.
Hell I would love to be a mascot if and when we decide if we want one or not in future.
Manning a club shop or ticket office for a few hours a week...

So if anything is needed then please PM me...

Keep up the good work guys

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

The_Ponderer

Re: Couple of Questions

Post by The_Ponderer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Fozzo, The CIC membership is "the" membership as far as I am aware - and the online shop has some sort of loyalty scheme going too.

Would be great to see a mascot doing the turnstiles by the way, kids would love it :thumbup:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 pm

The_Ponderer wrote:Fozzo, The CIC membership is "the" membership as far as I am aware - and the online shop has some sort of loyalty scheme going too.

Would be great to see a mascot doing the turnstiles by the way, kids would love it :thumbup:
I was thinking about a mascot as a way of attracting kids, they do love it, I think it is because they are part of something and it may bring kids back week after week

442 Football Crazy Admin

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Good idea all round.
Might be worth asking folk for ideas about new mascots.
A mascot which chucks sweeties into the crowd will be very popular - though they would be intended for the kids :D
Kids might turn up just for that!

PS: You weren't Darlo Dog were you?

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 pm

The_Ponderer wrote:Good idea all round.
Might be worth asking folk for ideas about new mascots.
A mascot which chucks sweeties into the crowd will be very popular - though they would be intended for the kids :D
Kids might turn up just for that!

PS: You weren't Darlo Dog were you?
No, but I did show an interest in being the Mascot in 2010/11, I think there was some kind of competition for kids going on to come up with and design a new mascot for that season...

442 Football Crazy Admin

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

I agree, the kids love the mascots (mine do, anyway). Bring back Mr Q though!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Christophano wrote:I agree, the kids love the mascots (mine do, anyway). Bring back Mr Q though!
And the thing with a Mascot it doesn't have to be restricted to matchdays only, the mascot can be a link between club, community and schools, using the mascot to build up relationships with the local schools, also building up a relationship with local Radio Stations and going out on Radio Roadshows...There is probably lots of potential different ways a mascot used and utilised

442 Football Crazy Admin

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:20 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:To start with, I would like to say thanks for the work put in so far, done a great job even if there has been some hiccups along the way, I got a couple of questions

1. When it comes to the running of the club, do we have a base in Darlo for this purpose or are we going to be based at Heritage Park or the board just work from home?
We all work from our own homes/offices. There is no intention to hire office space in Darlington, and the office at Heritage Park will only be available for us on matchdays.
fozzovmurton wrote:2. Membersbip Schemes...I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch Sunderland they had what I think was called The Gold Card Membership for about 20 quid(about 40 Notes today), would we ever set something like that up or is that specifically what the CIC is for
This is what the CIC is for.
fozzovmurton wrote:3. Is there still a few Volunteering opportunities, I am interested in helping, although I am going to attend games next season, I would give some time to help, say:-

Stewarding.
Turnstile Operator.
Hell I would love to be a mascot if and when we decide if we want one or not in future.

Thanks, I will add you to the volunteer register.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:27 pm

herts_darlo wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:To start with, I would like to say thanks for the work put in so far, done a great job even if there has been some hiccups along the way, I got a couple of questions

We all work from our own homes/offices. There is no intention to hire office space in Darlington, and the office at Heritage Park will only be available for us on matchdays.
fozzovmurton wrote:2. Membersbip Schemes...I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch Sunderland they had what I think was called The Gold Card Membership for about 20 quid(about 40 Notes today), would we ever set something like that up or is that specifically what the CIC is for
This is what the CIC is for.
fozzovmurton wrote:3. Is there still a few Volunteering opportunities, I am interested in helping, although I am going to attend games next season, I would give some time to help, say:-

Stewarding.
Turnstile Operator.

Thanks, I will add you to the volunteer register.
Thank You, much appreciated

442 Football Crazy Admin