Chris Senior

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Chris Senior

Post by Big Tim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Ok, I know you probably have a million and one things to do but there was an good idea brought up by the poster liddle_4_ever on the VF section of uncovered. Chris Senior has apparently retired and the idea he brought up was to make him a Special guest of honour maybe for our first home game v Marske Utd, providing he would like to do that. There are many players in Darlington's history who have earned legendary status with the fans, Liddle & Gabbiadini to name a couple but Chris has gone down (in my eyes at least) to have delivered the single greatest moment in our history. So like I said you probably have a million and one things more important than this to do, but i'm just putting it out there.

MikeinBlack

Re: Chris Senior

Post by MikeinBlack » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:49 am

Good call, especially as he was shat upon from a great height shortly afterwards!
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am

He wasn't good enough to be retained for a supposedly promotion chasing team. He wasn't shat on.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 pm

He was shat on by Cooper and everyone knows it. To be told 10 minutes before the presentation that he was getting sacked was an awful piece of man management.

Guest of honour for sure and I think its the least we can do!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

He wasn't "sacked" :lol: Everyone knew, including himself I suspect, that he hadn't done enough for various reasons to be offered a new contract. It surely can't have been a surprise to him - mind you I do agree that the timing could have been better.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017