Player's Contracts

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo.For.Life
Team Supported: Darlington

Player's Contracts

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm wondering if you could shed any light on this...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20724

divas

Re: Player's Contracts

Post by divas » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 am

What is there to shed light on?

At this level barring Spenny that is how it's done. Only 10% of the players in the NL are contracted.

Martin has recruited players who he thinks want to really play for this club, if players are going to bugger off at the drop of a hat are they really the type we want anyway?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:15 am

And do we want to be in a situation where we have 5 or 10 players who turn out to be not good enough and we're lumbered with them and their wage for a season? Let's not forget that yes a player can leave in 7 days but they can be replaced in 7 days as most players are not contracted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo.For.Life

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am

I totally understand the points you have raised however I am wanting to know if someone such as Leon Scott or Gary Brown play very well and are attracting interest, will we be able to tie them down with a contract?

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Darlo.For.Life wrote:I'm wondering if you could shed any light on this...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20724
It is entirely up to Martin and the rest of the management as to who gets a contract and who doesn't although such decisions to go through the Chairman. I think you will agree that Martin and the rest of his team are a far better judge of this than what the board are and only the right decisions will be made.
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.