Darlingtno E-newsletter from old website

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Magical Quakers
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlingtno E-newsletter from old website

Post by Magical Quakers » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 pm

I just received an e-newsletter from the old website darlington-fc.net:

http://communicatoremail.com/IN/YmzvkdS ... bView.aspx

Is there anyway we can get this website turned off?

I know I can unsubscribe by the way, just think it would be better if it didn't exist. Especially as you can still subscribe to the 'Club Player' and 'Official text alerts'.

Hilly

Re: Darlingtno E-newsletter from old website

Post by Hilly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Well I never...

The company sending those is the company I work for (Perform Media are one of our clients)!

Il have a word when I return to work and see where they are coming from.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 pm

I just got one of those - it says:
We would like to apologise for the confusion with yesterday’s emails. We experienced an issue with our email platform which resulted in fans receiving multiple communications about the price increase. We can confirm that this is the email that you should have received.

We are currently working on improvements to Quakers Player that will give you an enhanced match day experience.

For the 2012/13 season you can now:
Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments.
Watch extended match highlights in high quality 2MB flash video.
Access your account by using your Facebook log in.

So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £37.99 per year, an increase of just GBP2 per year. ????????

We hope that you will continue to enjoy using Quakers Player in what promises to be an exciting new season for Darlington and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.

Darlington
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 pm

rabbit away here or someone taking advantage

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Nah, it's not someone taking advantage. It's basically just an automated email that is being sent out.

Premium TV don't actually know the full in's and out's of the past 7 months, so they're effectively just carrying on like normal sending the automated emails like they would normally.

Unfortunately I can't do anything from my companies end - but I'm contacting Premium TV on behalf of DFC1883 in the hope that we can sort this because it's not helping them or us.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:34 pm

fair do's don't suppose in the fun and games of admin, HM's team got around to cancelling it

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:51 pm

My worry is that until Darlington 2009 Ltd is eventually liquidated, I'm not sure whether we will be able to do anything because effectively Premium TV's 'contract' is with that company.

Going into this a bit blindfolded though, I'm even having to contact the main info@performgroup.com email address too because there aren't any other relevant email addresses.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Hilly wrote:My worry is that until Darlington 2009 Ltd is eventually liquidated, I'm not sure whether we will be able to do anything because effectively Premium TV's 'contract' is with that company.

Going into this a bit blindfolded though, I'm even having to contact the main info@performgroup.com email address too because there aren't any other relevant email addresses.
Give these a try, that's who are running the PTV sites these days.

http://www.flinteractive.com/clubs/contact-us.aspx

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:24 pm

divas wrote:
Hilly wrote:My worry is that until Darlington 2009 Ltd is eventually liquidated, I'm not sure whether we will be able to do anything because effectively Premium TV's 'contract' is with that company.

Give these a try, that's who are running the PTV sites these days.

http://www.flinteractive.com/clubs/contact-us.aspx
Fantastic, will give them a go. Cheers mate.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Let me know if you need any help. Perform can be a frustrating bunch at the best of times.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 am

Think I might be getting somewhere, I contacted Stef via the link Divas gave and within an hour she had responded with the below....
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your email.

I just wanted to confirm receipt of your email and let you know that I’ve requested for your newsletters to stop. The rest of your queries have been passed on to the relevant department and I’ll feedback in due course.

Thanks,

Stef
So, without getting too excited, it seems we're getting somewhere. Just got to wait to hear back from the other departments now.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am

This email is following me around... A lad (somebody who uses these forums I'm guessing!) came in for an interview with a colleague and showed this as a bad example of an email! Ha!

FYI... Good answer!