The new stand

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Robbie Painter
Team Supported: Darlington

The new stand

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:28 pm

How much did it cost?
Will there be a roof added?
If so, when?
When will the other half of the stand be opened?
Why can't people walk in front of the stand, esp at HT?

Thanks.

loan_star

Re: The new stand

Post by loan_star » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 pm

The roof wont be going on apparently!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:59 pm

loan_star wrote:The roof wont be going on apparently!
So I heard! Which makes the stand a bit pointless really.

So looking for an official answer.

SFG

Post by SFG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 am

The stand needs a roof and before the worst of the winter weather sets in.
The club sold season tickets on the basis that there would be cover.
........& it seemed to be something of a lottery which stand fans were allocated to, although the prices for both stands were the same.

Also I can't see fans standing on the grass banks when the weather gets worse. Could not some terracing be provided instead? Only need a 3 or 4 step bank of steps in a couple of places either side of the dug outs? I appreciate that this may be down to BA.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:53 am

Let's just wait and see what information is released from the board before jumping to conclusions. Granted a lot of people seem to have heard that the roof isn't going on, but let's just hear it from the horses mouth first.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 am

SFG wrote:it seemed to be something of a lottery which stand fans were allocated to
A lottery? The main stand was filled first then tickets became available for the new stand one it was confirmed we were getting it.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 am

Christophano wrote:
SFG wrote:it seemed to be something of a lottery which stand fans were allocated to
A lottery? The main stand was filled first then tickets became available for the new stand one it was confirmed we were getting it.
Not entirely true. People applied for tickets and they were chosen based on their needs, when the new stand was announced those that didn't get a seat in the main stand were put in the new one.

Therefore i can see the argument by some if a roof isn't going to go on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

TS3

Post by TS3 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Robbie Painter wrote: Why can't people walk in front of the stand, esp at HT?
Thanks.
How about an answer to this one? Seems ridiculous that the path can't be open, after all people can walk in front of the main stand during the match

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:45 pm

SFG wrote:The stand needs a roof and before the worst of the winter weather sets in.
........& it seemed to be something of a lottery which stand fans were allocated to, although the prices for both stands were the same.

Also I can't see fans standing on the grass banks when the weather gets worse. Could not some terracing be provided instead? Only need a 3 or 4 step bank of steps in a couple of places either side of the dug outs? I appreciate that this may be down to BA.
I might be being stupid here but anyone who bought a seating season tickets was never once told that there would be cover. They paid the extra for a seat and nothing else. Granted, a cover would be even better but this was not part of the original offer

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:57 pm

love it! wrote:
SFG wrote:The stand needs a roof and before the worst of the winter weather sets in.

I might be being stupid here but anyone who bought a seating season tickets was never once told that there would be cover. They paid the extra for a seat and nothing else. Granted, a cover would be even better but this was not part of the original offer
Surely original adopters i.e. the open day people, put money down because they thought they'd be put in the main stand which has cover? If they were deemed not suitable for the main stand and shifted into the stans behind the goal, I think it's only fair that they are covered.

love it!

Post by love it! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Most people who paid for there ticket on the opening have been granted a seat in the main stand depending on need. Never once has a cover for the seating ever been discussed until this rumour that we might not be getting a cover.

Just to clarify, still no confirmation either way from the board so its still a rumour

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 pm

love it! wrote:Most people who paid for there ticket on the opening have been granted a seat in the main stand depending on need. Never once has a cover for the seating ever been discussed until this rumour that we might not be getting a cover.

Just to clarify, still no confirmation either way from the board so its still a rumour
I don't have time to find the threads on here but potential stands was discussed on here, with Quakerz and iirc Herts_Darlo discussing it. All potential stands were to have a cover.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:30 pm

love it! wrote:Most people who paid for there ticket on the opening have been granted a seat in the main stand depending on need. Never once has a cover for the seating ever been discussed until this rumour that we might not be getting a cover.

Out of curiosity how do you know that most got granted a seat in the main stand?

Regardless, even if only a few didn't get seats and were put in the other stand they were 'sold' the idea of covered seating, and their money was taken so they should get covered seating.

If it's not covered they should be offered the chance of a refund in my opinion.

However I agree we're commenting purely on rumour.

love it!

Post by love it! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:47 pm

"Sold an idea" and getting a seat which is what you paid for are two completely different things. If anyone is unhappy then I'm sure the good natured board will help resolve any issues but in my opinion its not a time for the club to be offering refunds for something never promised or guaranteed.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 pm

love it! wrote:"Sold an idea" and getting a seat which is what you paid for are two completely different things. If anyone is unhappy then I'm sure the good natured board will help resolve any issues but in my opinion its not a time for the club to be offering refunds for something never promised or guaranteed.
Sorry but i strongly disagree.

If you were given the opportunity to purchase a seated ticket under the impression that you were under cover and were then put in another stand which had none at all you'd be pretty annoyed. Had they been told at the time that they were not lucky enough to get one in the main stand but another stand was being build but uncovered, at least people would have had the choice at whether they still wanted to go ahead.

Nothing was mentioned and money was taken so people would be right in thinking that they were getting the same 'product' just in a different location.

Some people may have purposefully bought a seated ticket, not for the seat but for the cover.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 pm

love it! wrote:
You calling me a liar, son?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TS3

Post by TS3 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Quakerz wrote:
love it! wrote:
More like argumentative

love it!

Post by love it! » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:24 am

TS3 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
love it! wrote:
More like argumentative
I thought my post was pretty clear really. I never take anything from this board as fact and until confirmation has been announced from the board then it still is a rumour

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 pm

The silence speaks volumes.

I'm not saying I disagree with the decision to not put a roof on (cost vs temporary nature of stand), but it would be nice to get official confirmation for the likes of "Love it".

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm

SFG wrote: Also I can't see fans standing on the grass banks when the weather gets worse.
Fans aren't supposed to stand on the grass banks so to state that fans will have trouble standing there in bad weather is a moot point.
Could not some terracing be provided instead? Only need a 3 or 4 step bank of steps in a couple of places either side of the dug outs? I appreciate that this may be down to BA.
Damn right, it's their ground. Who would pay for a terrace, where would the money come from? We're not talking a couple of thousand quid are we!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:53 am

I am new stand season ticket holder, i was hoping to get a seat in the main stand,did i expect a roof over my head in the bad weather, i surpose i did, am i disapointed there wont be one, yes i am, was i told there would be one, no i was not, have i been told there wont be one, no i have not. If we are going to be at HP for a couple of seasons then maybe we should invest in a roof,(if we can afford it) To be honest i would rather any money be spent on the team, i do think fans knowing there will not be a roof going on will affect seating season ticket sales next year. There is one advantage of having a seat in the new stand is the excellent view when Darlo are kicking toward that end. Will i be buying a season ticket next year, Of course.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

The thing is that the wind and rain blow directly into those seats on a typical day - it's the prevailing wind direction I'm afraid - so putting a roof on wouldn't stop people getting wet on some days anyway. Is the cost to benefit worth it?

Maybe next season, now we have the extra seats already in place which we can count on, maybe the uncovered seated season tickets could be an intermediate price. You might have say 220 covered seating tickets at £195, 312 uncovered seating tickets at £175 and the rest standing at £150?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Quakerz wrote:The thing is that the wind and rain blow directly into those seats on a typical day - it's the prevailing wind direction I'm afraid - so putting a roof on wouldn't stop people getting wet on some days anyway. Is the cost to benefit worth it?

Maybe next season, now we have the extra seats already in place which we can count on, maybe the uncovered seated season tickets could be an intermediate price. You might have say 220 covered seating tickets at £195, 312 uncovered seating tickets at £175 and the rest standing at £150?
The thing I'm worried about is that regardless of the wind direction, the majority will expect the same 'standard' as the main stand. After all...some cover is better than none at all.

If a roof isn't planned, I don't think it would be out of the question for some to ask for money back and change to standing instead i.e. the difference between sitting and standing.