Bradfud

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradford

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 am

Cracking, I'd back them to beat Swansea if they beat Chelsea.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 am

AndyPark wrote:Cracking, I'd back them to beat Swansea if they beat Chelsea.
Absolutely no fucking chance.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 am

Everyone doubted them against Wigan Athletic.
Everyone doubted them against a strong Arsenal team.
Then everyone doubted them against a strong Aston Villa team.

I'll be putting a fiver on them to beat Swansea, they wouldn't beat Chelsea though.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am

I'd still expect Swansea to tear them apart with their pace and passing, remember Swansea have done that to much better teams this season

I can't tell which way it will swing in the final, will they step up the occasion and have the game of their lives or will they complete choke under the occasion.

Even under scenario 1 I can't see them winning and if scenario 2 happens it will be 8-0 or something.

There is a guarantee of Europe next season, just can't see Chelsea or Swansea passing up that opportunity.

Spyman

Re: Bradfud

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

Fair play to them seeing it through last night - I think Swansea will go through tonight and will comfortably win the final, but you never know.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

lo36789 wrote:There is a guarantee of Europe next season, just can't see Chelsea or Swansea passing up that opportunity.
There's a point. Lets say Chelsea turn it round and get past Swansea, Chelsea are realistically making the Champions League...this outcome, even if Chelsea batter Bradford, would put Bradford in next season's Europa League wouldn't it?! Madness!!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am

Breedon wrote:
lo36789 wrote:There is a guarantee of Europe next season, just can't see Chelsea or Swansea passing up that opportunity.
There's a point. Lets say Chelsea turn it round and get past Swansea, Chelsea are realistically making the Champions League...this outcome, even if Chelsea batter Bradford, would put Bradford in next season's Europa League wouldn't it?! Madness!!!
Apprently not - as covered in the original Bradford League Cup discussion.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 am

as Spyman says.

Winner gets Europe, if the winner qualifies for Europe through other means then the place goes to the next finisher in the Premier League.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Ah right, missed that. Has that just come in or was it just the FA Cup where a non European qualifier being runner up to a team that qualify for the CL gets you into the Europa?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm

AndyPark wrote:Everyone doubted them against Wigan Athletic.
Everyone doubted them against a strong Arsenal team.
Then everyone doubted them against a strong Aston Villa team.

I'll be putting a fiver on them to beat Swansea, they wouldn't beat Chelsea though.
It's worth a fiver since the odds will be astronomical, but they have almost the same chance against Swansea as they have against Chelsea.

Your own logic doesn't make any sense either: you think Bradford will win because they've beaten all these big teams, but you think they will win against a team who have beaten Chelsea, yet they won't beat Chelsea. Are we basing it on the quality of the sides on paper here or not?
Last edited by DarloOnTheUp on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Breedon wrote:Ah right, missed that. Has that just come in or was it just the FA Cup where a non European qualifier being runner up to a team that qualify for the CL gets you into the Europa?
It is just the FA Cup where the runner up gets the Europa League spot...

If Chelsea or Swansea win the League Cup and go on to qualify through the League, then it does goto 6th or 7th in the Prem, i am not sure how many UEFA places we get after the Champions League...

I really wish Bradford all the best, it is a hell of a story, I cannot remember in my lifetime anything like it, and probably won't for the next 50 years...

People talk about the romance of stories like this, I personally think that is bollocks, but if there is/was such a romance, I imagine this would be close to it...Should make for a decent enough for neutral football supporters
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:It's worth a fiver since the odds will be astronomical, but they have almost the same chance against Swansea as they have against Chelsea.

Your own logic doesn't make any sense either: you think Bradford will win because they've beaten all these big teams, but you think they will win against a team who have beaten Chelsea, yet they won't beat Chelsea. Are we basing it on the quality of the sides on paper here or not?
I just think Chelsea's team is miles better than Arsenal's and they quality would show, should they even overturn the 2-0 loss from the first leg.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:37 pm

G.R told me (in front of others) that a certain Darlo star striker missed a very important goal chance at the wembley play off final - on purpose!

It all seems so long ago.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Do the League Cup winners qualify automatically for the Europa League or do they have to enter at the qualifying stages?