Joey Barton

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MaddosMilkman
Team Supported: Darlington

Joey Barton

Post by MaddosMilkman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Not doing himself any favours really is he?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html

Hilly

Re: Joey Barton

Post by Hilly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:43 pm

The .co.uk version of his website makes for a decent read...

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Honestly, in the "real world" of employment nobody in their right minds would go near such a gobshite.

It amazes me how he is still paid fortunes when he is just constantly attacking and berating others, he has a huge chip on his shoulder and it shows!

Yet linesmen are being dropped for completely factual and innocent comments.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 pm

TDS wrote:Honestly, in the "real world" of employment nobody in their right minds would go near such a gobshite.

It amazes me how he is still paid fortunes when he is just constantly attacking and berating others, he has a huge chip on his shoulder and it shows!

Yet linesmen are being dropped for completely factual and innocent comments.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
The linesman was dropped because of the media attention his comments have attracted and fears that this will affect his performance. He's not being punished, just given the week off.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am

Personally, I think the man is funny.

LoidMaitland
Team Supported: Barnstoneworth United

Post by LoidMaitland » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 am

The bloke is an absolute cock, with little understanding of basic grammar and spelling.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am

AndyPark wrote:Personally, I think the man is funny.
So do I...But he is a cock at the end of the day

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:So do I...But he is a cock at the end of the day
He's turned into a bit of a pantomine villain. Don't really take him seriously he likes the attention.

He will keep a level of 'celebrity' status he will get invited into the jungle and into the BB house etc. keep up some revenues. I think he does care more about that than winning medals and international recognition for footballing ability...that underlying reason is why he is a tool - not specifically because of the comments he makes.

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Spyman wrote:
TDS wrote:Honestly, in the "real world" of employment nobody in their right minds would go near such a gobshite.

The linesman was dropped because of the media attention his comments have attracted and fears that this will affect his performance. He's not being punished, just given the week off.
Ofcourse he was! Another mysterious and questionable practice that seems to happen often. What does the media attention have to do with a linesman's ability to do his job? He runs the line and calls the game as he sees it.

Maybe I'm being short-sighted but at the end of the day it's daft as fuck!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm

I'll be honest the linesman who said it will probably have weighed up that he might have to miss the following week when he decided to wait for a camera to be by him before saying what he said. Remember he's the youngest assistant referee in the Prem he knows how to make a name for himself!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

TDS wrote:Maybe I'm being short-sighted but at the end of the day it's daft as fuck!!
What about earlier in the day, say lunch time?
lo36789 wrote:I'll be honest the linesman who said it will probably have weighed up that he might have to miss the following week when he decided to wait for a camera to be by him before saying what he said. Remember he's the youngest assistant referee in the Prem he knows how to make a name for himself!
COMMA.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Barton, with his anger management issues and his liking for a bit of the old ultra violence, is a much better type of pantomime villain than the creepy,cheating Suarez.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I wouldn't say smashing a fifteen year old's skull in, and stubbing a cigar out in the eyes of a colleague are the actions of a pantomime villain.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Maddo -I was referring to his on the pitch aggro but you make a good point, I'd forgotten :oops: about those incidents you mention, so I'll review my opinion.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!