Ched Evans

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Ched Evans

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Has anybody heard about who the latest club to want to sign Ched Evans is...

Ashbrooke Belford House in the Wearside League

Rapist footballer Ched Evans could be back on the pitch – with a non-league side who play in front of 100 fans

There desperate to win the Shipowners Cup and seem to think Young Chedwyn is the solution
Last edited by fozzovmurton on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Darlo_Pete

Re: Ched Evans

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:31 pm

I read that story the other day. What is surprising who little fuss is being made in our region about this story. Good luck to Ashbrooke and Ched Evans and I hope it works out for the benefit of both parties.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I read that story the other day. What is surprising who little fuss is being made in our region about this story. Good luck to Ashbrooke and Ched Evans and I hope it works out for the benefit of both parties.
Dont know about little fuss, according to The Sunderland Echo, 18,000 people have signed a petition already calling for Ashbrooke not to sign him

18,000 say no to rapist Ched Evans moving to Sunderland- side but non-League club still want him

Not sure what I think about it now, I personally think the whole thing has become a circus now, I do think he should stick to his and put effort into his appeals, because if he is innocent and his conviction is squashed, then he has nothing to worry about...
442 Football Crazy Admin

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I read that story the other day. What is surprising who little fuss is being made in our region about this story. Good luck to Ashbrooke and Ched Evans and I hope it works out for the benefit of both parties.
Dont know about little fuss, according to The Sunderland Echo, 18,000 people have signed a petition already calling for Ashbrooke not to sign him

18,000 say no to rapist Ched Evans moving to Sunderland- side but non-League club still want him

Not sure what I think about it now, I personally think the whole thing has become a circus now, I do think he should stick to his and put effort into his appeals, because if he is innocent and his conviction is squashed, then he has nothing to worry about...
Aye but he's served his time whether he's guilty or not so these petitions are a big load of bollocks anyways.

Although this discussion has already been done to death in the main forum.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:

18,000 people have signed a petition to stop him joining a club who attract around 100 fans?

Some people have nothing better to do with their time obviously.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:04 pm

I wonder what the 18,000 think about convicted criminals already playing at that level of football or similar. Given the large number of non-league clubs in this country, chances are there's a player or 2 convicted of a similar offence.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:41 pm

Not happening now

Wearside club will not contact Ched Evans after petition

I think it was probably nothing more than Ashbrooke trying to drum up a bit publicity for themselves...
442 Football Crazy Admin

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:52 am

You don't say....
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 pm

I didn't know they had 18000 supporters. :D :D Do doubt if you could compare the signatories of the petition along with the petitions at Oldham and Sheffield Utd, a great number of the signatures would be from the same people. Unfortuantely the state of some Wearside League pitches won't help Ched Evans very much.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I didn't know they had 18000 supporters. :D :D
They probably have, over the last 18 seasons. :roll: