Generosity of football fans

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Generosity of football fans

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Gateshead midfielder JJ ODonnell recently found out with his current injury there is a 50/50 chance of him playing again, he has a problem called sesmoiditis which I think is something to do with inflammation of bones in his toes/foot.

Gateshead had been funding his treatment and for whatever reason pulled the plug on his treatment...

Step in 2 young Gateshead fans Lee Calder, 16 and Sam Jupp, 13 set up a fundraising page aiming for £5k for JJ to have the operation he needs, the funding reached just £7k after Sunderland Striker Danny Graham donated over £2k...

Not bad effort from a couple of kids

JJ O'Donnell Treatment Fundraiser

Sunderland star Danny Graham's generous donation to Gateshead FC's JJ O'Donnell

Darlo_Pete

Re: Generosity of football fans

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 21, 2015 6:04 am

Yeh great gesture from real footie fans and Danny Graham. I hope the treatment goes well and JJ O Donnell makes a full a recovery as possible.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Just reading up on him on Wiki, apparently our fans chipped in to pay his wages when he came here on loan? Is that true? I can't remember that far back :lol:
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 21, 2015 6:54 pm

ArmchairDieHard wrote:Just reading up on him on Wiki, apparently our fans chipped in to pay his wages when he came here on loan? Is that true? I can't remember that far back Image
Rings a bell - I think it was the season Hodgy kept us up at Lincoln. I'm sure I remember him playing in that game (although could be wrong).

We also chipped in for Chris Porter's wages back at Feethams I recall.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC