Welcome to the real world Barrow

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AIDO
Team Supported: Darlington

Welcome to the real world Barrow

Post by AIDO » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:40 pm

.... The millionaire owner of Barrow wants to know why they are struggling so far this season. After all, they have gone full time now and he is pumping the cash ....

You really have to laugh .... What was that banner they unfolded a few years back in our game there ..... ? ..... :roll: ...

:arrow: :arrow: ... http://www.nwemail.co.uk/Barrow-AFC-own ... 64997d4-ds?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Welcome to the real world Barrow

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Good luck to them.

If someone super-rich "Darlo fan" had come out of the woodwork while we were about to push the button to start the CIC I think most of us would've bitten his hand off and thrown all of our lofty ideals about fan ownership out of the window.

Some (most?) still would, I reckon.

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm still waiting for that winning lottery ticket!
New Ground, Gareth Bale and a solid gold throne for Martin Gray!

In all seriousness though, isn't there a rule where an individual cannot own more than 15% now?

Might be wrong but I'm sure I heard it somewhere
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Good luck to them.

If someone super-rich "Darlo fan" had come out of the woodwork while we were about to push the button to start the CIC I think most of us would've bitten his hand off and thrown all of our lofty ideals about fan ownership out of the window.

Some (most?) still would, I reckon.
... I agree ..... my point was though that Casson seemed to expect promotion this year just because his team went full time and he has pumped in a million or so over the last year into this .... the fans were all buoyed up for promotion (reading their summer mb) and now Casson wants to know why it isn't happening ... :problem:

... Its taken FGR five years + of massive cash to get them where they are now ... and its's still not a nailed on certainty that they'll finish top ... life's not that simple ... you'd think he and especially their fans would know that already.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:43 pm

I don't take any pleasure in seeing Barrow struggle, they were smashing towards us and that should never be forgotten.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I don't take any pleasure in seeing Barrow struggle, they were smashing towards us and that should never be forgotten.
Not sure anyone is taking pleasure in it Pete, just expressing disbelief in the situation really.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC