Sutton United

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Old Git » Sun May 23, 2021 1:40 pm

Beat the Monkeyhangers 3-0 to clinch National League title and gain promotion to the EFL.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas

Re: Sutton United

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 24, 2021 11:51 am

Not sure if they are even pro but that ground seems a bit below par to meet league 2 standards, even if the pitch is ripped up
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Nothing wrong with gander green lane at all... A bit dated if anything but perfectly fine for league 1 and 2

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Unfortunately just like Harrogate they will have to rip up there artificial pitch. In this day and age these pitches provide an excellent playing surface and it is crazy that they are not allowed in the EFL. Typical of the short sightedness of the people running the game.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 am

I'm always pleased when a non-league team gets promoted that has never been in the Football League before.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 am
I'm always pleased when a non-league team gets promoted that has never been in the Football League before.
To be honest Pete I am always happy to see an ex Football League team regain their position as I know how much it means to the fans and I can remember how elated I felt when we achieved it.
Of course this would not apply to Hartlepool 😠

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Unfortunately just like Harrogate they will have to rip up there artificial pitch. In this day and age these pitches provide an excellent playing surface and it is crazy that they are not allowed in the EFL. Typical of the short sightedness of the people running the game.
I disagree Old Git. The artificial pitches may be better than they were but they don't match up to grass. The players don't like playing on them either.

To me, by banning artificial pitches the EFL are putting the quality and integrity of the league first, which is not short sighted.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:04 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 pm
I disagree Old Git. The artificial pitches may be better than they were but they don't match up to grass. The players don't like playing on them either.

To me, by banning artificial pitches the EFL are putting the quality and integrity of the league first, which is not short sighted.
It is funny as most of those same players train on them regularly without issue. Pretty much every academy and training ground in the country have 4G facilities which they use despite the perfect grass pitches also being available.

There are also league up and down the country who have 4G pitches on them, are those leagues dishonest and without moral principle because they allow teams to play on synthetic surfaces?

Darlogramps

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Old Git wrote:

This is the very definition of “projecting”. You don’t like them, therefore you make out everyone else agrees with you.

Most pitches higher up the leagues are hybrid in some way shape or form. And as lo points out, players train on 4G or hybrid pitches every day. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo have them installed in their homes!

For me, 4G pitches should be able to be used in the EFL, and all the evidence suggests that in time, that’s what will happen.

To me, disliking 4G pitches because “they’re not as good as grass” is an out-dated point of view that doesn’t factually represent the situation and ignores the benefits modern pitches bring.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Old Git wrote:

This is the very definition of “projecting”. You don’t like them, therefore you make out everyone else agrees with you.

Most pitches higher up the leagues are hybrid in some way shape or form. And as lo points out, players train on 4G or hybrid pitches every day. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo have them installed in their homes!

For me, 4G pitches should be able to be used in the EFL, and all the evidence suggests that in time, that’s what will happen.

To me, disliking 4G pitches because “they’re not as good as grass” is an out-dated point of view that doesn’t factually represent the situation and ignores the benefits modern pitches bring.
I am not "projecting" I am not making out "everyone else agrees with me" - I just placed my opinion in reply to Old Git, which I am entitled to do.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011