Sutton United

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Old Git » Sun May 23, 2021 1:40 pm

Beat the Monkeyhangers 3-0 to clinch National League title and gain promotion to the EFL.

shildonlad
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Sutton United

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 24, 2021 11:51 am

Not sure if they are even pro but that ground seems a bit below par to meet league 2 standards, even if the pitch is ripped up
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

karlo-cardiff
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by karlo-cardiff » Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Nothing wrong with gander green lane at all... A bit dated if anything but perfectly fine for league 1 and 2

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk


Old Git
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Old Git » Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Unfortunately just like Harrogate they will have to rip up there artificial pitch. In this day and age these pitches provide an excellent playing surface and it is crazy that they are not allowed in the EFL. Typical of the short sightedness of the people running the game.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 am

I'm always pleased when a non-league team gets promoted that has never been in the Football League before.

Old Git
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Old Git » Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 am
I'm always pleased when a non-league team gets promoted that has never been in the Football League before.
To be honest Pete I am always happy to see an ex Football League team regain their position as I know how much it means to the fans and I can remember how elated I felt when we achieved it.
Of course this would not apply to Hartlepool 😠

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Unfortunately just like Harrogate they will have to rip up there artificial pitch. In this day and age these pitches provide an excellent playing surface and it is crazy that they are not allowed in the EFL. Typical of the short sightedness of the people running the game.
I disagree Old Git. The artificial pitches may be better than they were but they don't match up to grass. The players don't like playing on them either.

To me, by banning artificial pitches the EFL are putting the quality and integrity of the league first, which is not short sighted.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

lo36789
Posts: 9515
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:04 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 pm
I disagree Old Git. The artificial pitches may be better than they were but they don't match up to grass. The players don't like playing on them either.

To me, by banning artificial pitches the EFL are putting the quality and integrity of the league first, which is not short sighted.
It is funny as most of those same players train on them regularly without issue. Pretty much every academy and training ground in the country have 4G facilities which they use despite the perfect grass pitches also being available.

There are also league up and down the country who have 4G pitches on them, are those leagues dishonest and without moral principle because they allow teams to play on synthetic surfaces?

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Unfortunately just like Harrogate they will have to rip up there artificial pitch. In this day and age these pitches provide an excellent playing surface and it is crazy that they are not allowed in the EFL. Typical of the short sightedness of the people running the game.
I disagree Old Git. The artificial pitches may be better than they were but they don't match up to grass. The players don't like playing on them either.

To me, by banning artificial pitches the EFL are putting the quality and integrity of the league first, which is not short sighted.
This is the very definition of “projecting”. You don’t like them, therefore you make out everyone else agrees with you.

Most pitches higher up the leagues are hybrid in some way shape or form. And as lo points out, players train on 4G or hybrid pitches every day. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo have them installed in their homes!

For me, 4G pitches should be able to be used in the EFL, and all the evidence suggests that in time, that’s what will happen.

To me, disliking 4G pitches because “they’re not as good as grass” is an out-dated point of view that doesn’t factually represent the situation and ignores the benefits modern pitches bring.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Unfortunately just like Harrogate they will have to rip up there artificial pitch. In this day and age these pitches provide an excellent playing surface and it is crazy that they are not allowed in the EFL. Typical of the short sightedness of the people running the game.
I disagree Old Git. The artificial pitches may be better than they were but they don't match up to grass. The players don't like playing on them either.

To me, by banning artificial pitches the EFL are putting the quality and integrity of the league first, which is not short sighted.
This is the very definition of “projecting”. You don’t like them, therefore you make out everyone else agrees with you.

Most pitches higher up the leagues are hybrid in some way shape or form. And as lo points out, players train on 4G or hybrid pitches every day. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo have them installed in their homes!

For me, 4G pitches should be able to be used in the EFL, and all the evidence suggests that in time, that’s what will happen.

To me, disliking 4G pitches because “they’re not as good as grass” is an out-dated point of view that doesn’t factually represent the situation and ignores the benefits modern pitches bring.
I am not "projecting" I am not making out "everyone else agrees with me" - I just placed my opinion in reply to Old Git, which I am entitled to do.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:32 pm

“The players don’t like them either” is very much projecting, I’m afraid.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:54 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:32 pm
“The players don’t like them either” is very much projecting, I’m afraid.
And “all the evidence” isn’t ?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 pm

No, it isn’t. It’s a totally factual statement.

Unless you can provide some evidence that suggests 4G pitches are not improving.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:19 pm

A very quick google search confirms to me that 4G pitches still split opinion. Try it yourself!

4G pitches will be improving however grass ones are too, all pitches across all leagues constantly improve.


You used the phrase “all the evidence” this is a dangerous phrase to use, as even in the most cut and dry legal cases there is always evidence to the contrary. Further back I think you used the phrase “outdated opinion” this suggests to me that you think any opinion that isn’t new is wrong. I could give you countless examples from history that prove that new opinions aren’t always the best ones.

YOU are very much “projecting” I’m afraid.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:A very quick google search confirms to me that 4G pitches still split opinion. Try it yourself!
I haven’t denied they “split opinion”. My view is those who are critical of them are wrong.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: 4G pitches will be improving however grass ones are too, all pitches across all leagues constantly improve.
“Grass”pitches is an interesting phrase. As stated, most pitches now are turf with some artificial substances added. Hybrid would be a fairer description.

Granted there’s a difference between a hybrid and a 4G pitch. But you get my point. Technological development happens and it’s a good thing. 4G pitches are simply a part of that, and I see no reason why you vociferously oppose them.

theoriginalfatcat wrote: You used the phrase “all the evidence” this is a dangerous phrase to use, as even in the most cut and dry legal cases there is always evidence to the contrary.
I mean that’s just generic, pedantic waffle. Can you happily provide some evidence that 4G pitches aren’t improving?
theoriginalfatcat wrote: Further back I think you used the phrase “outdated opinion” this suggests to me that you think any opinion that isn’t new is wrong. I could give you countless examples from history that prove that new opinions aren’t always the best ones.
This has got to be one of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read on here. I mean it’s extraordinarily dimwitted. Outdated opinion doesn’t mean new is better

“Outdated opinion” means your opinion is out-of-date because you’re not taking account of new information or developments.

In this context, 4G pitches have made massive improvements and continue to do so. Yet your opinion of them is based on your past experiences of them, say from the 1980s. I know this because we’ve had the 4G pitch debate several times and you’ve stated it previously. You won’t attend matches on 4G pitches, you’ve said previously.

To take that attitude is, in my view, backwards and without any basis.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: YOU are very much “projecting” I’m afraid.
No I’m not. All you’re doing is trying to parrot an argument back at me because you’re too stupid to provide evidence for an original one yourself. Just simply re-stating my own argument back at me won’t work.

If I wanted a parrot I’d go to the pet shop.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

norwich darlo
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:A very quick google search confirms to me that 4G pitches still split opinion. Try it yourself!
I haven’t denied they “split opinion”. My view is those who are critical of them are wrong.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: 4G pitches will be improving however grass ones are too, all pitches across all leagues constantly improve.
“Grass”pitches is an interesting phrase. As stated, most pitches now are turf with some artificial substances added. Hybrid would be a fairer description.

Granted there’s a difference between a hybrid and a 4G pitch. But you get my point. Technological development happens and it’s a good thing. 4G pitches are simply a part of that, and I see no reason why you vociferously oppose them.

theoriginalfatcat wrote: You used the phrase “all the evidence” this is a dangerous phrase to use, as even in the most cut and dry legal cases there is always evidence to the contrary.
I mean that’s just generic, pedantic waffle. Can you happily provide some evidence that 4G pitches aren’t improving?
theoriginalfatcat wrote: Further back I think you used the phrase “outdated opinion” this suggests to me that you think any opinion that isn’t new is wrong. I could give you countless examples from history that prove that new opinions aren’t always the best ones.
This has got to be one of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read on here. I mean it’s extraordinarily dimwitted. Outdated opinion doesn’t mean new is better

“Outdated opinion” means your opinion is out-of-date because you’re not taking account of new information or developments.

In this context, 4G pitches have made massive improvements and continue to do so. Yet your opinion of them is based on your past experiences of them, say from the 1980s. I know this because we’ve had the 4G pitch debate several times and you’ve stated it previously. You won’t attend matches on 4G pitches, you’ve said previously.

To take that attitude is, in my view, backwards and without any basis.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: YOU are very much “projecting” I’m afraid.
No I’m not. All you’re doing is trying to parrot an argument back at me because you’re too stupid to provide evidence for an original one yourself. Just simply re-stating my own argument back at me won’t work.

If I wanted a parrot I’d go to the pet shop.

A Norweigian Blue no doubt.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:54 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:A very quick google search confirms to me that 4G pitches still split opinion. Try it yourself!
I haven’t denied they “split opinion”. My view is those who are critical of them are wrong.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: 4G pitches will be improving however grass ones are too, all pitches across all leagues constantly improve.
“Grass”pitches is an interesting phrase. As stated, most pitches now are turf with some artificial substances added. Hybrid would be a fairer description.

Granted there’s a difference between a hybrid and a 4G pitch. But you get my point. Technological development happens and it’s a good thing. 4G pitches are simply a part of that, and I see no reason why you vociferously oppose them.

theoriginalfatcat wrote: You used the phrase “all the evidence” this is a dangerous phrase to use, as even in the most cut and dry legal cases there is always evidence to the contrary.
I mean that’s just generic, pedantic waffle. Can you happily provide some evidence that 4G pitches aren’t improving?
theoriginalfatcat wrote: Further back I think you used the phrase “outdated opinion” this suggests to me that you think any opinion that isn’t new is wrong. I could give you countless examples from history that prove that new opinions aren’t always the best ones.
This has got to be one of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read on here. I mean it’s extraordinarily dimwitted. Outdated opinion doesn’t mean new is better

“Outdated opinion” means your opinion is out-of-date because you’re not taking account of new information or developments.

In this context, 4G pitches have made massive improvements and continue to do so. Yet your opinion of them is based on your past experiences of them, say from the 1980s. I know this because we’ve had the 4G pitch debate several times and you’ve stated it previously. You won’t attend matches on 4G pitches, you’ve said previously.

To take that attitude is, in my view, backwards and without any basis.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: YOU are very much “projecting” I’m afraid.
No I’m not. All you’re doing is trying to parrot an argument back at me because you’re too stupid to provide evidence for an original one yourself. Just simply re-stating my own argument back at me won’t work.

If I wanted a parrot I’d go to the pet shop.
I'm not getting drawn in to a long tedious debate on this as we've done it before, and your childish insults just show that you're not as clever as you think you are.

But more importantly my original reply was a short one to OldGit about how I think the league is right to ban artificial pitches, artificial pitches LIKE HARROGATE''s.

We weren't discussing the top end hybrid ones like they have in the Premier league. Or the other better mixtures of grass and extras that they have further up the leagues. If Harrogate had one of these I don't think there would be a problem. You've changed the argument, gone off on a tangent.

Furthermore I don't need to scurry around on the internet to "provide evidence that 4G pitches aren't improving" - I know they are improving, I said they were in my post, I also said that grass ones are too.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:43 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote: I'm not getting drawn in to a long tedious debate on this as we've done it before, and your childish insults just show that you're not as clever as you think you are.

But more importantly my original reply was a short one to OldGit about how I think the league is right to ban artificial pitches, artificial pitches LIKE HARROGATE''s.

We weren't discussing the top end hybrid ones like they have in the Premier league. Or the other better mixtures of grass and extras that they have further up the leagues. If Harrogate had one of these I don't think there would be a problem. You've changed the argument, gone off on a tangent.

Furthermore I don't need to scurry around on the internet to "provide evidence that 4G pitches aren't improving" - I know they are improving, I said they were in my post, I also said that grass ones are too.
Ah yes, I see. You can’t think up of any logical or sensible response, so go hiding away. You dodged every single point I raised. What a little coward you are.

All I’m asking is any opinion you hold should be based on fact. All your opinion on this is based on outdated notions.

You don’t like 4G pitches because they were bad in the 80s, so you believe all progress should be held up 40 years on. That’s an incredibly silly, backwards point of view.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:43 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote: I'm not getting drawn in to a long tedious debate on this as we've done it before, and your childish insults just show that you're not as clever as you think you are.

But more importantly my original reply was a short one to OldGit about how I think the league is right to ban artificial pitches, artificial pitches LIKE HARROGATE''s.

We weren't discussing the top end hybrid ones like they have in the Premier league. Or the other better mixtures of grass and extras that they have further up the leagues. If Harrogate had one of these I don't think there would be a problem. You've changed the argument, gone off on a tangent.

Furthermore I don't need to scurry around on the internet to "provide evidence that 4G pitches aren't improving" - I know they are improving, I said they were in my post, I also said that grass ones are too.
Ah yes, I see. You can’t think up of any logical or sensible response, so go hiding away. You dodged every single point I raised. What a little coward you are.

All I’m asking is any opinion you hold should be based on fact. All your opinion on this is based on outdated notions.

You don’t like 4G pitches because they were bad in the 80s, so you believe all progress should be held up 40 years on. That’s an incredibly silly, backwards point of view.
You are either thick or some kind of wannabe frustrated journalist. Or failed journalist.

Let me keep it simple, as your incurable need to argue, antagonise and insult, seems to be overriding your ability to read.

THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT SUTTON UTD.
IT IS CALLED “SUTTON UTD”
IT IS ABOUT THE TYPE OF PITCHES THEY AND OTHERS HAVE.
OR HAD.
LIKE FOR INSTANCE HARROGATE.
THE TYPE OF PITCHES THAT THE EFL CLUBS VOTED ON TO NOT ALLOW IN THE LEAGUE.
A DECISION I AGREE WITH.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE OTHER TYPES OF HYBRID PITCHES THAT ARE ALLOWED IN THE EFL.
THEY ARE DIFFERENT.
OBVIOUSLY SO AS THEY ARE ALLOWED IN THE EFL.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 am

Only just seen this reply - how peculiar and weird you are theoriginalfatcat. Why would I be a “frustrated journalist” for questioning your views on artificial pitches.

And what I’m questioning is the whether there’s such a massive difference between hybrid and 4G pitches, to warrant banning their use.

The gap is getting smaller, progress is being made all the time. Therefore, to me there’s little logic in banning 4G pitches and impeding progress.

You’ve not provided anything to support your statement that they damage the league’s quality or integrity. Indeed when I’ve pressed you on that, you actively dodge the question. It suggests you’ve got nothing to support your assertion.

Also, don’t attack me for being insulting if you’re willing to do the same yourself. You dense fucker.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:13 am

I’ve read through this thread from the beginning and it’s obvious that the bad feeling in this discussion has all emanated from your direction.

This is no surprise though! You are a serial offender and I can think of plenty of other reasonable posters on this forum who regularly have to put up with your bullish, insulting, childish, egotistical behaviour.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I’ve read through this thread from the beginning and it’s obvious that the bad feeling in this discussion has all emanated from your direction.

This is no surprise though! You are a serial offender and I can think of plenty of other reasonable posters on this forum who regularly have to put up with your bullish, insulting, childish, egotistical behaviour.
More dodging. Just answer the points raised.

It’s amazing how many characters like you can’t cope with a mild interrogation of your point, so resort to attacks on my character instead.

You talk about arrogance, there’s none so arrogant as you, who seems to believe your points of view are above questioning. And then you get nasty with personal attacks towards anyone who disagrees with you.

Don’t lecture me on my behaviour when you operate down in the gutter all the time. You massive hypocrite.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
More dodging. Just answer the points raised.
I have answered "the points raised" M'lud, just look above - I've written it out in capital letters.
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
It’s amazing how many characters like you can’t cope with a mild interrogation of your point, so resort to attacks on my character instead.
This is really funny. In your world there seems to be a lot of "characters like me" on this board. You call it "mild interrogation" I call it bullying insulting behaviour, so I'll "raise a point with you" Why do you insult people who don't share your opinion?
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
You talk about arrogance
Do I? I can't remember writing that.
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
And then you get nasty with personal attacks towards anyone who disagrees with you.
Untrue! You are describing yourself here. The only person I occasional fall out with is you, but that's what you want because that's the way you roll. Anyway, I’ve got your number now. For some reason your primary interest on coming onto this forum is to cause trouble. You have a tool box of insults and techniques that you employ on a regular basis to insult and belittle other users. It’s the same thing with you, over and over again, and it has become ever so tedious. With you, It’s just the same s*** - different thread. Repeat......
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote: I have answered "the points raised" M'lud, just look above - I've written it out in capital letters.
That’s the point. Your responses do NOT answer the points raised. That’s what I’m trying to tell you, but you’re too arrogant to listen.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: This is really funny. In your world there seems to be a lot of "characters like me" on this board. You call it "mild interrogation" I call it bullying insulting behaviour, so I'll "raise a point with you" Why do you insult people who don't share your opinion? .
I don’t insult people who don’t share my opinion. I couldn’t care less if they agree with me or not.

The people I insult are the arrogant, egotistical buffoons like yourself who dislike being questioned. You think your opinion is so high and mighty it’s beyond being questioned by us mere mortals.

That’s why I insult you. Because you’ve got such an inflated opinion of yourself, that challenging and attacking you always gets under your skin. And while you keep insulting me, I’m going to dish it out.

Remember it was you who started with the personal stuff in this thread, not me.
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
You talk about arrogance
Do I? I can't remember writing that.
Egotism is another form of arrogance is it not? Anyway you display it in abundance.
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
And then you get nasty with personal attacks towards anyone who disagrees with you.
Untrue! You are describing yourself here. The only person I occasional fall out with is you, but that's what you want because that's the way you roll. Anyway, I’ve got your number now. For some reason your primary interest on coming onto this forum is to cause trouble.
Nope, my primary interest on here is to wind up weirdos like you. You believe your opinions are better than everyone else, and that you’re entitled to people accepting your views unquestioning.

It’s also not true that you only fallout with me. Look at your personal attacks on lo in the Nathan Cartman thread last week. And again, that was down to him disagreeing with you, and once again you got pretty nasty with him. A demonstration of your character I’m afraid.

Until you stop thinking you’re superior to everyone else, I’m going to keep winding you up and exposing you for the weirdo that you are. Just show a little humility and we’ll all get along just fine.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:55 pm

Ah, the old “weirdo” chestnut. Used on others too.

Furthermore I get on with Lo fine thanks. This would be the same Lo who earlier on this year you wrote the following about when he was explaining things about referees on a thread titled “That Penalty”. I mention this as it again illustrates that you cannot discuss things with others in a civilised way. After you unfairly called Lo a liar, he stopped engaging with you, which I thought was a good decision. Here are your quotes to Lo.

“To be fair, you said that yesterday and still kept prattling on. But you have been fundamentally dishonest, and have tried to deceive people. And given some of the conspiracy theory nonsense, deliberate misrepresentation and bad faith you’ve come out with, it’s pretty hilarious seeing you attempt to take the moral high ground.”

“You seem very willing just to tell out and out lies. You know it’s false but you’re more intent on deceiving people. It’s quite funny how you’ve started using Trump-style debating tactics. You tell a blatant lie. We all know it’s a blatant lie but you double-down anyway.”

Incidentally the above line “We all know it’s a blatant lie” is what you call “projecting”. According to you projecting means to “make out everyone else agrees with you.”

Go and antagonise someone else, one of the other people who you call "weirdo" - you've got a choice of a few.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:41 pm

I’m enjoying antagonising you to be honest. And I’ve got you wound up good and proper, you weirdo. You keep responding so you’re making it very easy for me.

Not sure what your point is regarding Lo. He was lying in that thread, I remember it well. There were a number of things he asserted were true when actually they were demonstrably untrue. So what’s your point? Yes I had a go at him, justifiably so. He was lying in that thread.

But it still doesn’t really explain why you’ve brought it up here. You’re going to have to explain the relevance. This random behaviour and logic is just more evidence of you being very strange.

And you clearly don’t get on that well with him, given your pretty nasty, aggressive attacks in last week’s thread. Once again, you don’t like being called out for your childish, bullying behaviour.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Absolute bullshit. You haven’t got me wound up, however I don’t like conversing with you as it makes me feel polluted, and if
you think my minor misunderstanding with Lo was a “pretty nasty and aggressive attack” and “ childish and bullying” then you’re on a different planet. It’s there for anyone to see if they want.


And what’s with this “weirdo” name calling? it’s like something an immature schoolboy would come out with.

Also, you’ve neglected to address my point about you “projecting”. I’m interested to know how you can criticise me for supposedly doing it further back in this thread yet when it’s pointed out to you that you do it (against Lo) you remain silent. Please could you clear that up.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:40 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Absolute bullshit. You haven’t got me wound up, however I don’t like conversing with you as it makes me feel polluted, and if
you think my minor misunderstanding with Lo was a “pretty nasty and aggressive attack” and “ childish and bullying” then you’re on a different planet. It’s there for anyone to see if they want.
I clearly have got you wound up, given you’re throwing a tantrum like a toddler.

You’re swearing at me in the same way you swore at Lo. Why do you swear at people who disagree with you? Seems like you have anger management issues.

“Conversing with you makes me feel polluted”. I mean that’s just hilariously glorious. I think you’ll find that “pollution” is you wetting yourself with rage every time I humiliate you in this thread.

If you feel so “polluted” and dislike talking to me so much, why are you doing it? Because your arrogant, egotistical nature cannot take me getting the last word.

Face it, all the things you accuse me of, your guilty of yourself.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: And what’s with this “weirdo” name calling? it’s like something an immature schoolboy would come out with.
I’ve told you. I’m doing it to antagonise you. Can’t you read? And given your increasingly demented hissy-fits, I’m being pretty successful.

Plus I do genuinely think you’re a pretty weird person.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: Also, you’ve neglected to address my point about you “projecting”. I’m interested to know how you can criticise me for supposedly doing it further back in this thread yet when it’s pointed out to you that you do it (against Lo) you remain silent. Please could you clear that up.
Oh this is priceless. You dig into a thread that’s at least six months old, find a random point and demand I answer it. You might want to consider getting a life, weirdo.

But to answer your point is pretty simple - that point is not “projecting” as it’s demonstrably true. For context, lo claimed referees were perfectly fine to speak on the record about decisions, and that it was the media’s fault for not questioning them. However, that was a lie. I provided the evidence in the same post (a link quoting an official source confirming referees are contractually bound NOT to speak about decisions). Lo is a match official and therefore knows this to be the case and as such was deliberately attempting to mislead people.

Therefore, having provided the incontestable evidence what Lo said was a lie, evidence anyone can read for themselves, we all know what he was saying was a lie. Moreover that provides solid justification for the accusation that Lo was a liar in that thread.

There, all cleared up. Deny it all you want (largely because your arrogance and ego won’t allow it) but it is not projecting. You clearly don’t understand what projecting actually is.

Maybe you might want to dig through some more old threads to see what else you can try and fail to trip me up with. But you’re not wound up, oh no….

Thick, strange and with anger management issues. You’re one weird person. Try not to pollute yourself.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:08 am

I can assure you there are no “tantrums” happening with me and secondly it’s interesting that just because you’ve decreed Lo to be a liar, he is one. You’ve bunged in a few legal sounding phrases and declared yourself a winner, congrats!

However, that aside, I stand by what I said about feeling polluted when I converse with you so I won’t be doing it anymore on this thread, it’s never ending, so take your abuse to someone else.

You see unlike you, I come on here for enjoyment and to chat about Darlo related subjects - you’ve admitted to me above in this thread (and to other posters previously on other threads) that your motivations for using this board are different. That’s how you are but as said previously, you act in this way on a regular basis so it’s no surprise.

And do you seriously think Bullshit is a swearword? LOL. The only swear words used on this thread are by you, take a look above.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sutton United

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:21 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I can assure you there are no “tantrums” happening with me and secondly it’s interesting that just because you’ve decreed Lo to be a liar, he is one. You’ve bunged in a few legal sounding phrases and declared yourself a winner, congrats!

However, that aside, I stand by what I said about feeling polluted when I converse with you so I won’t be doing it anymore on this thread, it’s never ending, so take your abuse to someone else.

You see unlike you, I come on here for enjoyment and to chat about Darlo related subjects - you’ve admitted to me above in this thread (and to other posters previously on other threads) that your motivations for using this board are different. That’s how you are but as said previously, you act in this way on a regular basis so it’s no surprise.

And do you seriously think Bullshit is a swearword? LOL. The only swear words used on this thread are by you, take a look above.
Ermmm, yes - Bullshit is very much a swear word. As is “Fuck” which you used towards Lo last week.

You really do think you’re so superior don’t you? You believe because you decree something, it is true. Bullshit is very much an expletive. It’s weird you’re trying to pretend otherwise.

My motivations are multiple. I enjoy chatting Darlington too, but do enjoy taking egotistical buffoons like you down a peg or two.

There are some strange characters on this board, but you are without doubt the freakiest, oddest, most bizarre character I’ve ever come across. I’m going to remind you of some of this weird stuff you’ve come out with in future on this board.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Post Reply