Are Chester City a Welsh club?

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Are Chester City a Welsh club?

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:37 pm

https://twitter.com/ChesterFC/status/14 ... 96640?s=20

If I am not mistaken the fans could have legally gathered in the car park...but the moment they entered the stands they were gathering illegally.

Chester seem to have the worst of it. They are not eligible for Welsh grants as they are registered in England but have to play behind closed doors by Welsh restrictions.

Apparently it came to light as a Wrexham fan complained to the Welsh police force about the festive fixtures.

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Are Chester City a Welsh club?

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:55 am

This is daft! If the rule is enforced I reckon a lot of fans will gather in the car park and then the situation will look even more daft. It’s also interesting that during a previous similar situation nothing was flagged up and matches continued as normal.

I wonder if they could postpone these games until restrictions are lifted?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Are Chester City a Welsh club?

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 am

Absolutely crazy and like alot of decessions around covid this seems more political than anything else and does little to curb covid and sadly chester are caught in the crossfire. Banning fans from sport seems a ott reaction from the welsh government
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams