Video - The goal with Ray Simpson's commentary!

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Breedon
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Video - The goal with Ray Simpson's commentary!

Post by Breedon » Sun May 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Not to be pedantic, but its not offside. Factor in the camera angle, and the last defender's TRAILING leg (which is blocked by the goalkeeper who is jumping at the ball) the second Tommy makes contact with the ball. Its dead level, or if Senior's foot is further forward than the last mans its by a matter of centimetres, which is not sufficient to call an offside in my opinion (remember the "daylight" rule a couple of years back :thumbup:). The linesman was in line and he said goal, which is all that counts, but from my point of view theres nowt wrong with it even if you were playing devils advocate :D

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Certainly if there was any doubt I think there would have been more reaction from opposition players, however, knackered they were. But as some wise owl said earlier "who gives a stuff" :D

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sun May 08, 2011 10:58 pm

The funny thing is its actually about as scrappy a goal as Wembley will ever see and yet I am watching it in awe like its a Messi wondergoal or something. Just watching the keeper fail to keep Senior's header out is magic.

Brilliant commentary too. I don't think I will ever get bored of looking back on this

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun May 08, 2011 11:30 pm

I can't understand how its still only saying 317 views, I've watched it at least 800 times myself!!!

In that 30 seconds or so Ray went from being the calm and often a little dull guy who commentates on Darlo games to being my favorite sports commentator of all time! Iconic moment! If they bring out a DVD I hope they use darlocraig's idea and sync the footage up to Ray's commentary for the whole game!

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Sun May 08, 2011 11:42 pm

I never even considered that the goal could be offside until someone suggested it! The keeper is climbing all over one of his own defenders and it looks like as breedon says, The defenders trailing leg is playing Senior onside but christ its close!!
Anyway, Couldnt care less and for all the last minute goals that have gone against us this season its about time one went our way, Still cant wipe the smile off my face when watching that video over and over again!! :D :D :D

chiltondarlo

Post by chiltondarlo » Mon May 09, 2011 10:35 am

Fantastic clip and to hear Simpson's excitment. I make no apologies for ripping it onto my iPhone to bore everyone at work to death, and for me to sit & grin at on the train. Cheers :thumbup:

darlo-till-i-die

Post by darlo-till-i-die » Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm

chiltondarlo wrote:Fantastic clip and to hear Simpson's excitment. I make no apologies for ripping it onto my iPhone to bore everyone at work to death, and for me to sit & grin at on the train. Cheers :thumbup:
How did you do that? i would love to watch that every night untill we win it again next year ;)
Darington FA Trophy Champions 2011

▒▓██ D █ F █ C █ ♥ ██▓▒

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon May 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Just love watchin/listening over n again!....Darlo fans go ballistic :lol: someone should mix that commentary into a song lol
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Mon May 09, 2011 4:00 pm

I reckon he is level with both Foster and their keeper when Wright heads it on.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon May 09, 2011 4:04 pm

sacko_uk wrote:its the fact Ray is commentating from Brown's throw in and the events leading up to the goal...normally you get a...oh its dropped to Senior and its in!!! Bless the man!
Haha, I'd normally expect something like... "Brown throws it in... penalty for Stokesley in the Northern League... keeper tries to punch it... remember that defeat away at Sutton in the conference season Kev?... Wright with the header... it's still Shildon nil Consett nil... off the bar... late enqualiser for Penrith... goal by Senior!"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 pm

I know, WHY does he do that? Why the fuck does he do that? Is it Aspergers or something? OCD? What?

He's commentating on Darlo TO Darlo fans and 99% of the time he's not live to the region on Radio Tees. I don't want to know the fucking Sunderland Nissan score! NOBODY does! I don't care that Marske are down to 10 men! NOBODY does! NOBODY from those clubs will be tuned into online DARLO commentary!

He just doesn't get it does he? It's like a radio roll of pissing honour. He knows nobody cares about those scores yet continues to give them for his own personal satisfaction.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

chiltondarlo

Post by chiltondarlo » Mon May 09, 2011 4:44 pm

darlo-till-i-die wrote:
chiltondarlo wrote:Fantastic clip and to hear Simpson's excitment. I make no apologies for ripping it onto my iPhone to bore everyone at work to death, and for me to sit & grin at on the train. Cheers :thumbup:
How did you do that? i would love to watch that every night untill we win it again next year ;)
I used KeepVid - http://keepvid.com/ and converted it into a mp4 then added the file to iTunes the normal way. It's worked beautifully :D

Oh, and I just use the free on-line version. It just doesn't seem to work with the BBC/Ch4 stuff (probably better protected), our lass uses it often to gets clips to show her pupils in class

darlocraig

Post by darlocraig » Mon May 09, 2011 9:48 pm

People could just ask for a download link for the video ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLG619QF

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed May 11, 2011 12:43 pm

6,100 views now!

Keep going lads!