Davey

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Davey

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 am

fat tony wrote:Gazette article seems to have been updated from earlier...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/north-east ... -26654174/

The Gazette understands that Davey has decided to quit Darlington for League Two side Hereford, and will be announced as the Bulls new manager as soon as formalities are concluded.

The club was earlier today in the dark over the situation, but while they have yet to make a formal statement, it is understood that there have been further developments, and Darlington have learned that Davey will be leaving.

Gazette putting forward Lenie Lawrence as the new man - already!!
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:05 am

Pretty much.

If it wasn't only football I'd feel like crying.

Am gutted and worried about the implications.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 am

I see the Gazette are also now throwing names in the ring as a replacement.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:07 am

Expect an official announcement from the club this afternoon.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:08 am

I had great hopes for Davey, he ticked all of the boxes and said the right stuff.

How the fook is a new manager supposed to get signings together at such short notice? Jesus this is a nightmare and we'll start the season playing catch up again.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 am

Seriously thinking about going over my overdraft, getting bank charges, and getting pissed! EFFING HELL GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COME ON DARLO!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 am

The last paragraph from the updated Gazette article:

"Former Boro boss Lennie Lawrence, who has left his most recent role as Director of Football at Bristol Rovers could be interested in the job, especially if he can work with a young up and coming coach."

Lawrence & Liddle - that would more than do me. Might even be a better option than Davey. Worked v.well at Bristol Rovers with Lawrence & Paul Trollope.

The key is a quick appointment, shouldn't be difficult as Raj has already been through the process twice in the last 8 months!

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 am

Guess the alarm bells should have started ringing when the O'Neill Thompson link went quiet without any comment from anyone. Its clearly been shelved by Davey as he knew he wasnt going to be here. I'd expect him to rock up at Hereford along with Davey next week.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 am

I cannot believe this. I just cannot believe this.

What the fuck is wrong with our club? Have we built the Arena on an ancient Indian burial ground or something?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am

Lennie Lawrence can go and f*ck himself, not the man for the conference imo.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 am

mikkyx wrote:I cannot believe this. I just cannot believe this.

What the f*** is wrong with our club? Have we built the Arena on an ancient Indian burial ground or something?
Everytime something like this happens i cant help but think back to the comment Reynolds made about having the Arena cursed by Gypsies. Its mad but.....

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 am

I'm sure I bought some clothes pegs off one, doesn't that counter it? lol. If the club so much as issue a statement such as "We wish Simon davey well in his new post" I will scream so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COME ON DARLO!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 am

divas wrote:Guess the alarm bells should have started ringing when the O'Neill Thompson link went quiet without any comment from anyone. Its clearly been shelved by Davey as he knew he wasnt going to be here. I'd expect him to rock up at Hereford along with Davey next week.
Maybe with Tommy Wright and the German too?
COME ON DARLO!

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:18 am

MikeinBlack wrote:
divas wrote:Guess the alarm bells should have started ringing when the O'Neill Thompson link went quiet without any comment from anyone. Its clearly been shelved by Davey as he knew he wasnt going to be here. I'd expect him to rock up at Hereford along with Davey next week.
Maybe with Tommy Wright and the German too?
Tommy i think may still end up here - he was coming more for the club rather than the manager as far as i could see - same for Chandler.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 am

I think a signing like Werling was so out of the left field it only had to be because of Davey. I expect he'll turn up at Hereford.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

And as for Tommy Wright, I bet he's wondering what the fook he's done.

As am I, after buying season tickets.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

Quakerz wrote:I think a signing like Werling was so out of the left field it only had to be because of Davey. I expect he'll turn up at Hereford.
If Hereford need a left back of course. Pointless signing him if they already has cover in that position.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

Robbie Painter wrote:Off the pitch is stable.
Unless someone with a financial interest in the club or stadium has decided he wants his money back?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am

Robbie Painter wrote:I just like to place on record that if it turns out that there hasn't been any material change to Davey's budget & how he is allowed to operate as manager since he signed for Darlo then...

Davey is an utter cvnt for joining Hereford and we are better off without him. Someone who will jump ship at the first sniff of a job somewhere else isn't what we need at Darlo.

If on the other hand he budget has been cut, Raj has imposed restrictions on who he can sign, etc, etc then its fair enough.
Totally agree, if Davey has simply fancied the Hereford job above ours and Raj has not moved the goalposts, the guy is a disgrace.Hope the prat takes Hereford down.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 am

loan_star wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:Off the pitch is stable.
Unless someone with a financial interest in the club or stadium has decided he wants his money back?
Any reason for suggesting that loan_star or is it just idle speculation on your part?

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:36 am

Just the same throughout football, contracts aint worth the paper there wrote anymore, if it turns out that Davey has gone then he's an utter c**t

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:36 am

I hope it is just speculation but I dont usually post stuff like that.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 am

loan_star wrote:I hope it is just speculation but I dont usually post stuff like that.
Well I hope you are pretty firm on it because we don't need further unsubstantiated rumours flying around at the moment.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

Several people have said similar "underground".

d5rlo

Post by d5rlo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:40 am

Tommy Wright turned down Hereford to come here.

Whether the budget has been cut or not, Davey is a cvnt for jumping ship like this. Hereford may be closer to home but he's a football manager for god's sake. Barnsley wasn't exactly close to Wales either. He had been unemployed for months before we gave him a job and this is how he repays us.

Having said that, when Davey goes we will be looking for our FOURTH full-time manager in less than a year under Singh. I still believe if he had just given Colin Todd a decent budget in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess and if it does turn out that the budget has been cut or whatever, any benefit of the doubt from me towards Singh will quickly evaporate.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 am

This comes to light JUST AFTER the early bird ticket offer (which was extended to include this weekend) finished.
Question. Does Mr Singh know what he's doing ??
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 pm

this smells nastily like another upcoming pile of 'A'

I really hope i'm wrong but there MUST be a reason Davey has jumped ship? Surely he's not that much of a kahunt?

God I hope i'm wrong (along with everyone else who dared to utter the dreaded word!)

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Can someone paste the whole article onto here, I can't get on the Gazette website from work, Internet Explorer encounters an unexpected problem and has to close.
This is the only website I've come across that does this consistently.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm still waiting for the Northern Echo to break this story on it's website. On the ball, as usual.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 pm

The Love Slug wrote:this smells nastily like another upcoming pile of 'A'

I really hope i'm wrong but there MUST be a reason Davey has jumped ship? Surely he's not that much of a kahunt?

God I hope i'm wrong (along with everyone else who dared to utter the dreaded word!)
I hope not, but you never know. What if Raj has had to use the season ticket sales to offset other bills and not use it on players wages/fees etc as he promissed SD - therefore leaving SD with no money to offer new signings. Not wanting to spend the next season wallowing at the unfashionable end of the BSP SD opted to apply for and accept the hereford job.
COME ON DARLO!