Some sad news

Threads that got the whole forum ROFLing

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Some sad news

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 pm

I was informed yesterday that Ted Forster passed away last Friday in Rhodes. Apparently his last words were to a family member saying that they still had to go to Wembley. Now I know that Ted was an awkward bugger and I should know that more than any of you and I know he took much pleasure in winding people up on here. But if I could forgive him, then hopefully so should the rest of you, because at the end of the day he was Darlo through and through.
Now if you can't post anything civil about him, then might I suggest you should refrain from replying to this thread.
Ted RIP mate and condolences to his family at this sad time, my thoughts are with you. At least wherever Ted is now hopefully last Saturday will have put a big smile on his face. :(

Santino

Re: Some sad news

Post by Santino » Wed May 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Last edited by Santino on Fri May 13, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was informed yesterday that Ted Forster passed away last Friday in Rhodes. Apparently his last words were to a family member saying that they still had to go to Wembley. Now I know that Ted was an awkward bugger and I should know that more than any of you and I know he took much pleasure in winding people up on here. But if I could forgive him, then hopefully so should the rest of you, because at the end of the day he was Darlo through and through.
Now if you can't post anything civil about him, then might I suggest you should refrain from replying to this thread.
Ted RIP mate and condolences to his family at this sad time, my thoughts are with you. At least wherever Ted is now hopefully last Saturday will have put a big smile on his face. :(
Ted wasn't awkward, Ted was mental. Absolutely and utterly.

RIP Ted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed May 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I never met the chap but I know from PMs and his (sometimes) crazy messages on here that he would have timed it to perfection and had a box seat at Wembley!

Was it you Ted who made the ball bounce back off the top of the crossbar and into play when the laws of physics said goalkick!! :thumbup: :clap:

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed May 11, 2011 10:52 pm

RIP Ted.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed May 11, 2011 10:53 pm

RIP ted

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 11, 2011 11:09 pm

My favourite memory of Ted was when George Reynolds had just taken over the club and we had a home game at Feethams. At that time nearly everybody myself included had been taken in by George. George waltzed into Strikers Bar where I was sat at a table with Ted. Suddenly Ted stands up and confronts George saying that he would be the death of the club and he would lead us to financial ruin. Well everybody rounded on Ted because it turned into a bit of a shouting match between the two of them. But in hindsight on that subject Ted you weren't too far off the mark.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Me and Ted had our differences but I never wanted him to pass away. RIP Ted, you've left us with some crazy and mental memories. Saturday was for you!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 11, 2011 11:25 pm

I actually feel quite bad about the s*** I gave Ted.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Yardieman isn't Ted, he was posting from a Jersey ip.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 11, 2011 11:27 pm

AndyPark wrote:I actually feel quite bad about the s*** I gave Ted.
Why? Did he not deserve it? If you go back and take your comments back will it change anything?

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 pm

I would never wish death upon anyone, Ted's actions at the point where they were least needed might of left a sour taste in all of our mouths, but even still. RIP Forster.

Dn1
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed May 11, 2011 11:42 pm

RIP Ted you crazy b******. :(

richo1uk
Team Supported: hartlepool

Post by richo1uk » Thu May 12, 2011 9:00 am

sad news R.I.P Ted

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 12, 2011 9:20 am

RIP Ted. Very sad news, even if he was slightly barking.

This may seem a little premature, but I'd imagine everything about his "takeover" would get released soon.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 am

for the exiles who never met ted....a little background info into what made him a "crazy b******" might help

RIP Ted.....whoever you were!!!
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:26 am

Quaker-Razz wrote:for the exiles who never met ted....a little background info into what made him a "crazy b******" might help

Really, you don't want to know :lol:

RIP Ted, during his ramblings did he hint about leaving the club some money when he was gone, or did I imagine it? :think:

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu May 12, 2011 10:28 am

The man was an absolute nutcase but still R.I.P Ted

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Thu May 12, 2011 10:36 am

DL5 wrote: during his ramblings did he hint about leaving the club some money when he was gone, or did I imagine it? :think:
I think he imagined the money.
Last edited by fat tony on Fri May 13, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

richo1uk
Team Supported: hartlepool

Post by richo1uk » Thu May 12, 2011 11:02 am

Quaker-Razz wrote:for the exiles who never met ted....a little background info into what made him a "crazy b******" might help

i thought he was funny :thumbup: :thumbup: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6292

yardieman

Post by yardieman » Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm

im still here, i still read the board.

I had a great day out with my family at Wembley.

And a big thanks to the poster who put up the youtube video of the bury match in 1996.

Its the match i was telling you all about before where i am on it ...... been trying to find that for ages!!!

Lookiong forward to next season.

Goodbye

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 pm

You don't need to be a local to know about Ted. Were you following the club in 2004?

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Thu May 12, 2011 3:18 pm

To think it was only a couple of weeks ago he was on here justifying his extortionately priced chips...............
Last edited by PJPoolie on Thu May 12, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm

He said that April 25th was D Day for him to ind out if his treatment was working. I guess the answer was no.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu May 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm not going to be a hypocrite, anyway he's probably not dead.

Just a thought though, I wonder if Saint Peter is still waiting at the Pearly Gates!
Last edited by comeondarlo on Fri May 13, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Out of curiosity Pete how did you find out, were you and him close?

I thought you both fell out with each other / stopped talking when it all kicked off in 2004?

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Hilly wrote:

You don't need to be a local to know about Ted. Were you following the club in 2004?
i was, but both my parents died that year so i didn't get to many matches....if any.....plus my daughter was born that year too....
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Hilly wrote:Out of curiosity Pete how did you find out, were you and him close?

I thought you both fell out with each other / stopped talking when it all kicked off in 2004?
I received a private message from a close relation of Ted's, who has registered on here over the last few days and don't ask who it is, because that's private and they want to keep their annonimity on here.
I don't know that we really fell out. I didn't hear from him for ages after 2004. But he registered on this site and we exchanged PM's. I told him not to be so confrontational towards fellow posters and to a large extent I avoided posting on any of those threads that were started by Ted or hijacked by him. He had talked about coming back to watch Darlo play and I said I would meet him, but that's not going to happen now. I was shocked to hear of his passing away, as he hadn't given any indication that he was dying, although I knew he was very poorly.

Spyman

Re: Re: Some sad news

Post by Spyman » Thu May 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Hilly wrote:Out of curiosity Pete how did you find out, were you and him close?

I received a private message from a close relation of Ted's, who has registered on here over the last few days and don't ask who it is, because that's private and they want to keep their annonimity on here.
I don't know that we really fell out. I didn't hear from him for ages after 2004. But he registered on this site and we exchanged PM's. I told him not to be so confrontational towards fellow posters and to a large extent I avoided posting on any of those threads that were started by Ted or hijacked by him. He had talked about coming back to watch Darlo play and I said I would meet him, but that's not going to happen now. I was shocked to hear of his passing away, as he hadn't given any indication that he was dying, although I knew he was very poorly.
A) will this relative feature in the roll of honour?
B) Ted regularly indicated he was dying.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 am

This wouldn't just be another story dreamt up by ted to enable him to post under a new username without all the shite would it?

Seems extreme I know and if it is true then rip ted, I just thought I'd throw it out there