Roll of honour for June 2010

Threads that got the whole forum ROFLing

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Roll of honour for June 2010

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Quakerz wrote:It has been quite clear to me for some time that Pete enjoys the sense of power that the Roll of Honour gives him. Asking people to submit an objection against being on the ROH before a certain cut off point, and "not allowing" them to be exempt from that cut off point, all points to a power and control element. Also "punishing" the likes of DOTU by NOT taking him off the ROH despite repeated requests is a form of power and control.

It has now got way beyond a joke, and just because there is an endless supply of teenagers saying "lolz wot is the harm in it" does not make this list right.

Pete FFS I know you in real life, it is now time to call time on this list that nobody really wants.

Scott the webmaster, you are complicit in this for allowing it for so long - this has given Peter a false sense of importance of his list, when it has none at all.

That sounds to me like "restraint of trade" - remember Pete counts everything - including silly votes every May. I foresee Uncovered being dragged through the European Courts......... :shock: :lol:

littlecar

Post by littlecar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Just out of curiosity, how does he count the messages for the ROH? If he's given access to the website by Scott, could there be some sort of data protection issues?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:23 pm

FFS, some people take things way over the top! Just leave him to it.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm

AndyPark wrote:FFS, some people take things way over the top! Just leave him to it.
I can't exactly "leave him to it" when he won't remove me!

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:36 pm

At the end of the day Andy although I view the RoH as harmless, others are not of the same opinion, hence why I have questioned Pete about the rules in place, because it is blatantly obvious they are flawed and biased. I completely understand DOTU's argument, hence why I suggested the change of his signature to follow Hilly's example, but having read elsewhere Pete is going to continue to include him, I want to know why.

And People do take it far too seriously, I mean I'm sure there is one guy who posts innocuous links just for the sake of it just so he can get himself higher up on the list :problem:

Dn1
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Now that most of the "messageboard regulars" as Pete would say have actually opted out, the ROH's main function seems to be to just piss me off. Now, nothing I say can stop him from counting the posts and posting the results on here, but by including me he is purely and simply antagonising me. I thought it was to show everyone how many times they posted each month (for those that actually care)?

The whole situation is ridiculous.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Dn1 wrote:I mean I'm sure there is one guy who posts innocuous links just for the sake of it just so he can get himself higher up on the list :problem:

Dn1
Is there? Where? I don't do that anymore, got better things to do with my life.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:38 pm

:lol:

Yeah, righto Andy

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:55 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Now that most of the "messageboard regulars" as Pete would say have actually opted out, the ROH's main function seems to be to just piss me off. Now, nothing I say can stop him from counting the posts and posting the results on here, but by including me he is purely and simply antagonising me. I thought it was to show everyone how many times they posted each month (for those that actually care)?

The whole situation is ridiculous.
How about if we all, and I mean all, opt out except you. His roll of honour then becomes you, and maybe him.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:24 am

DOTU why do you care so much about having your name on a list which signifies that you are a common poster, it's not Pete's fault he has problems...

Dn1 wrote:And People do take it far too seriously, I mean I'm sure there is one guy who posts innocuous links just for the sake of it just so he can get himself higher up on the list
That sounds like Quakerz
Darlo till I die!!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 pm

jjmick wrote:DOTU why do you care so much about having your name on a list which signifies that you are a common poster, it's not Pete's fault he has problems...
The point is that I should be able to opt out like everybody else, but he is now including me out of spite. I now want out even more than before because of the reasons for me being included.

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm

jjmick wrote:DOTU why do you care so much about having your name on a list which signifies that you are a common poster, it's not Pete's fault he has problems...

Dn1 wrote:And People do take it far too seriously, I mean I'm sure there is one guy who posts innocuous links just for the sake of it just so he can get himself higher up on the list
That sounds like Quakerz
Nah at least Quakerz posts stuff that is interesting, albeit littered with more profanity than an episode of Shameless. DOTU has a point with what he has said where really he should be given the same opportunity as everybody else was given, weather he would like to be included in the RoH or not. And I have waded in (although I didn't want too) because Pete blatantly just uses the RoH to wind people up, with rules that differentiate between user to user. He stated he is to include DOTU, even though he has taken a leaf out of Hilly's book which has worked for him, and I beg the question as to why? If his excuse is that his signature includes astericks rather than a full blown swear word, which I believe it will be, then he is going to deserve all the abuse that is heading his way.

Dn1
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Ironically, Pete doesn't include posts with swear words in them because children read the board, yet the board is now littered with more swear words because people are forced to include profanity in their signatures as Pete won't let them opt out!!

Instead of reducing foul language, the ROH has actually increased it. Go figure.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Would the easiest thing just be for Uncovered to delete any of Simple_Pete's ROH posts?

Lets look at the facts:

* Its fucking pointless

* It winds up a bunch of people

* Its fucking pointless

* It encourages s*** posting from Andy Park and co

* ITS FUCKING POINTLESS, THE WEBSITE COUNTS POSTS AUTOMATICALLY!

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:45 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Ironically, Pete doesn't include posts with swear words in them because children read the board, yet the board is now littered with more swear words because people are forced to include profanity in their signatures as Pete won't let them opt out!!

Instead of reducing foul language, the ROH has actually increased it. Go figure.
A fair and accurate statement :thumbdown: Foul language to me just goes straight over my head, but your right when you say the RoH has had an adverse affect on the way people communicate on here, with an increase in words used that are not suitable to minors, its just like, i can pretty much guarantee 95% of the children who browse the board are sure c*** doesn't stand for cool, thus influencing their approach and increasing the chance of them turning into foul mouthed little scroats.

Dn1

The Tees Mouth

Post by The Tees Mouth » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm

I couldn't agree more with DOTU's point of view but I'm quite intrigued to see if he features in the upcoming edition. I think we could be in for an interesting thread if he does.

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh, it'll be one of epic proportions, an age restriction should be applied to the thread with immediate affect, so that for those who are registered as under the age of 18, they cannot view all them naughty little words which are bound to flow :)

Dn1

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 pm

People make the ROH sound like some unwanted tribe. It's just a list and i dunno why people want out of it.
Darlo till I die!!

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 pm

jjmick wrote:People make the ROH sound like some unwanted tribe. It's just a list and i dunno why people want out of it.
How many times does this need to be explained :problem: It isn't the list itself that is the issue, its the way Pete conducts his affairs, and how he seems to have one set of rules for some users, and a completely different set of rules for others (such as DOTU). Like I will reiterate once again I have never had a problem with the RoH personally, but Pete needs to realise that if he is unable to clear up the issue I have risen on DOTU's behalf (albeit with language a bit more tame than his :silent: ) then I am joining the brigade that not only wants to be omitted but see the list cease, in fact I think I joined that brigade when I found Pete had managed to reply to a thread relating to the Glory Hunter, yet not this one :crazy: Come on Pete!

Dn1

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:47 pm

He clearly isn't going to reply. So just leave it at that and PM him instead of clogging the board with the same old bloody reply!

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:54 pm

AndyPark wrote:He clearly isn't going to reply. So just leave it at that and PM him instead of clogging the board with the same old bloody reply!
Clogging up the board? Oh that's well rich coming from somebody who at one stage clogged the board with more s***e, one sentenced messages, and completely irrelevant links than pretty much everybody else put together :think:

I ain't going to let this one drop, reason being Pete is expecting it to just drop and echo into a distant memory, and I don't see why I should do that when I believe I have risen a few valid points, as well as questions. I haven't been nasty in any unrequired way, nor will I be, but Pete needs to either answer the criticisms or retire the RoH permanently. I would have no problem with it continuing, as long as he could come forward and reply to something which is not going to be dropped until he does so.

Dn1

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Dn1 wrote:I ain't going to let this one drop, reason being Pete is expecting it to just drop and echo into a distant memory, and I don't see why I should do that when I believe I have risen a few valid points, as well as questions. I haven't been nasty in any unrequired way, nor will I be, but Pete needs to either answer the criticisms or retire the RoH permanently. I would have no problem with it continuing, as long as he could come forward and reply to something which is not going to be dropped until he does so.

Dn1
So Private Message him, then keep Private Messaging him until he answers! Rather than say the same things over and over!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Dn1 wrote:I ain't going to let this one drop, reason being Pete is expecting it to just drop and echo into a distant memory, and I don't see why I should do that when I believe I have risen a few valid points, as well as questions. I haven't been nasty in any unrequired way, nor will I be, but Pete needs to either answer the criticisms or retire the RoH permanently. I would have no problem with it continuing, as long as he could come forward and reply to something which is not going to be dropped until he does so.

Dn1
So Private Message him, then keep Private Messaging him until he answers! Rather than say the same things over and over!
Why don't you private message us, and then private message us again until we answer! Rather than say the same things over and over!

Darlo_G

Post by Darlo_G » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 pm

I don't know why Scott doesn't just tell him to stop posting his shitty little list. Nobody gives a damn about it, and it causes more aggro than it's worth.

But then again, on the other hand, Pete could put an end to this by answering Dn1's question, and taking people who opt out (in this case DOTU) off the RoH.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:11 pm

DOTU is quite well aware as to why his name is included in the ROH. He was given an exemption to the ROH, as were other posters that at the time didn't want to be included. The only stipulation I placed on them, was that as they were no longer included they would have no need to read any ROH thread. I stated that if they continued to attack the ROH then any granted exemption could and would be removed. Despite me giving DOTU plenty of warnings he decided to continue attacking the ROH threads, so I removed the exemption.
He will feature in the next update because his first 50 posts of this month contained no swear words and talked about footie.
Finally I find it very cowardly for some berk to ring my home phone number and try and threaten me and my family when I wasn't in. My number isn't listed so I don't know who rang my wife, but it better not happen again.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:DOTU is quite well aware as to why his name is included in the ROH. He was given an exemption to the ROH, as were other posters that at the time didn't want to be included. The only stipulation I placed on them, was that as they were no longer included they would have no need to read any ROH thread. I stated that if they continued to attack the ROH then any granted exemption could and would be removed. Despite me giving DOTU plenty of warnings he decided to continue attacking the ROH threads, so I removed the exemption.
Pete, who are you to give exemptions and make stipulations and warnings! It is not an official list and you have not been given the job to do it or the authority to act like that! This is EXACTLY what is winding people up! Jesus fooking christ man! Get a grip. Take DOTU off your list, he doesn't want to be on it and that is ALL that matters.
Finally I find it very cowardly for some berk to ring my home phone number and try and threaten me and my family when I wasn't in. My number isn't listed so I don't know who rang my wife, but it better not happen again.
Who the hell did that and what did they say? Do you know it was to do with the Roll Of Honour? Yes I agree that is sad to do something like that over a daft list. I simply cannot condone that no matter how much the list winds me up, or winds anybody else up - but winds people up it does.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_G

Post by Darlo_G » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Finally I find it very cowardly for some berk to ring my home phone number and try and threaten me and my family when I wasn't in. My number isn't listed so I don't know who rang my wife, but it better not happen again.
I find it cowardly too Pete. But if this is over the RoH, is it worth the aggro for you and your family?

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Here's a novel idea. We all get behind the team and stop abusing Pete. When we are promoted he agrees to drop the RoH. It is only then used in bad times. :idea:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Yes this idiot did mention the ROH to my wife, although I won't say what was mentioned.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:39 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:Here's a novel idea. We all get behind the team and stop abusing Pete. When we are promoted he agrees to drop the RoH. It is only then used in bad times. :idea:
Wylam, I'm sorry but Pete KNOWS that a lot of people do not like or want the ROH. As for keeping DOTU on the list to spite him, well the mind boggles and Pete is asking, nay begging, for abuse. He only really gets stick over this, it is easy enough to solve.

People phoning him at home though? That is bad form and a totally out of proportion response to an internet dispute. Fooking hell.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017