Darlington V Chester

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Chester

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:22 am

bga wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:22 pm
jjljks wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:16 pm
Almost more important was the 50/50 prize that was nearly £900
Great effort by the Fans!
Yes, but also by our IT lads who have enabled away fans to buy into the draw over the Net. Previously it was physically limited by attending the match to buy off our lovely volunteers. Sometimes I missed buying because I was late or not having spare cash on me at the time. Great effort by the off-field team of volunteers!

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:25 am

TKOA wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 pm
We’re in the west stand. They usually give us a couple of blocks on the right hand side of it.
Cheers

Rio Doherty
Team Supported: Chester FC

Post by Rio Doherty » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:43 am

Hello all, Chester FC supporter here. I have a compiled a match preview for Saturday’s game on my YouTube channel (I did upload it before the match but haven’t got round to posting it on this forum until now). This includes highlights of the last game played between us two, my thoughts on Darlington, plus lots more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below. Hope you all enjoyed the match on Saturday afternoon, and a safe journey to anybody going to the replay tomorrow:
https://youtu.be/hgxq30t3BUU
Thanks, Rio Doherty.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:19 pm

Away to Marske if we get through the replay

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:40 pm

Time to focus on the league now.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Just on the way back now, couldn’t fault any of them players there - just wasn’t our night.

I feel like we had the better of the game, better chances and played some good stuff. On another day, we could have scored 3/4. On the other hand, Taylor made some cracking saves when called upon.

Good following of 100+ Darlo who made a lot of noise once again, we go again Saturday. Up the Darlo.

DarloJason

Post by DarloJason » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 pm

Got to say the lads never gave up. On the way out I over heard a Chester fan saying it was the best they’ve played so far this season. We managed to deal really well with most of their attacking play. Just didn’t quite have luck on our side this evening. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise, one thing is for certain, it has certainly brought a lot of the lads together and given them valuable time to get used to each other.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:02 am

Good to see Nelson get his first start and another 60 minutes under his belt, he must be getting close to full fitness now, not our night, but it sounds like we put in a decent performance.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:31 am

We did put in a decent performance. Can't believe we didn't score, some fingertip saves from their keeper. Really committed and spirited performance and they had a lucky break right at the end. Very good noisy following for a Tuesday night and much improved team effort from my last outing.