Chorley v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quaker4life
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Chorley v Darlo

Post by quaker4life » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Where did anyone question the service provided?

All I said was one commentator wasn’t to my liking.

Wind down with your victim complex.
Careful gramps, there are a pious few who believe anyone connected with DFC is above criticism and I know you're not one to tread on anyone's toes....
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Quaker85

Chorley v Darlo

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:08 am

Darlogramps wrote:
jjljks wrote:DFR & QTV are providing an excellent service for the whole club. Contrast that to the (non)coverage provided by BBC & the Echo....
Where did anyone question the service provided?

All I said was one commentator wasn’t to my liking.

Wind down with your victim complex.
I started it by merely pointing out that MC sometimes has a minor brain freeze when we shoot resulting in the listener having to wait several seconds until the outcome is known. It spoils it for me but I do appreciate the effort that all associated with DFR put into it and I’m grateful that they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 am

A draw against hereford and Chorley probably fair result so one point better off. Saying that enjoyed Chorley game(long drive) despite defeat (stayed dry and didn't piss down) all players worked hard and supported each other yes we could have scored a few more if certain players had more composure(but that is why they play at level 6) .
Few Chorley fans I spoke too echoed everyone else Darlo bossed the game and we deserved something, they also thanked the traveling fans who outnumbered the Southport fans the week previously and that was a local derby. They also mentioned that last season FA cup money hasn't improved the ground as hoped and some fans are looking at Darlos fan based model; must admit it did look a bit run down and part of the main stand you could not sit in as parts of roof were unsafe?
Apart from Nelson and Lambert the bench is not that strong and interested in how Cooper , Ellis and Storey fit in next week?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 am

eddie-rowles wrote:A draw against hereford and Chorley probably fair result so one point better off. Saying that enjoyed Chorley game(long drive) despite defeat (stayed dry and didn't piss down) all players worked hard and supported each other yes we could have scored a few more if certain players had more composure(but that is why they play at level 6) .
Few Chorley fans I spoke too echoed everyone else Darlo bossed the game and we deserved something, they also thanked the traveling fans who outnumbered the Southport fans the week previously and that was a local derby. They also mentioned that last season FA cup money hasn't improved the ground as hoped and some fans are looking at Darlos fan based model; must admit it did look a bit run down and part of the main stand you could not sit in as parts of roof were unsafe?
Apart from Nelson and Lambert the bench is not that strong and interested in how Cooper , Ellis and Storey fit in next week?
Would like to see Cooper alongside Ellis and Smith back at LB.That would be a good, solid back 4 with Storey as a good back up

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am

I thought the bench was pretty strong with Purver, Rose and Mondal unused in addition to Nelson (who I felt could have been introduced earlier) and Lambert. It wasn't that long ago we had youth team players on the bench to make up the numbers so seems much improved to me.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:41 pm

It’ll be interesting what they do next week. I suspect Cooper will come back in, but Storey has played well the last few games. He’s knuckled down after a lot of criticism from within the club when others may have taken a strop. It might go down to whoever is most comfortable playing on the left hand side of centre half.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:23 pm

Storey should be rewarded for his recent good performances by staying in the side. I hope that's what happens.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:18 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 am
Surprised to read this given we had Purver, Mondal and Rose as unused subs on Saturday!

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:18 pm
eddie-rowles wrote:
Surprised to read this given we had Purver, Mondal and Rose as unused subs on Saturday!
Judging by some of her/his previous posts, I think it's fair to say eddie-rowles doesn't rate Mondal.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm
Judging by some of her/his previous posts, I think it's fair to say eddie-rowles doesn't rate Mondal.
We haven't really seen enough of him, have we?

I hear he has tons of ability and I'm sure both FGR and Fylde wouldn't have signed him for the sake of it.

He hasn't had the start at DFC that I thought/hoped he would, but there's time yet.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 am

Vokuhila wrote:
beatroute66 wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Spot on signed 5 months ago, believes he should be playing alot higher but AA & DH have not seen enough to start him except Alfreton and few friendlies yes want him to do well like all Darlo players but does not look a team player; lets see how he fairs against Aycliffe tonight

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:00 am

beatroute66 wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Have to agree I think we have real competition not only for the starting eleven but the bench as well. Remember George Smith was injured and Jake Cooper suspended for Saturday as well as Martin and Taylor who did not get selected. In addition we have 4 players out on loan so I am not sure how many more players we would need to bring in to have a strong bench!
To be fair to eddie rowles I am in agreement with him that Mondal has yet to show much spark but lets hope he can raise his game and add some more competition for the starting eleven.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:30 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 am
Vokuhila wrote:
beatroute66 wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Spot on signed 5 months ago, believes he should be playing alot higher but AA & DH have not seen enough to start him except Alfreton and few friendlies yes want him to do well like all Darlo players but does not look a team player; lets see how he fairs against Aycliffe tonight
I find this a strange post. He's had limited game time. Yes that may well be indicative that he's not good enough for this level, and time will tell on that point, but to suggest he doesn't look like a team player? In the 2 games he's started, he's generally worked hard, but unfortuntely things haven't come off. I see no evidence that he's not a team player

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 am

al_quaker wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:30 am
eddie-rowles wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
beatroute66 wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
I find this a strange post. He's had limited game time. Yes that may well be indicative that he's not good enough for this level, and time will tell on that point, but to suggest he doesn't look like a team player? In the 2 games he's started, he's generally worked hard, but unfortuntely things haven't come off. I see no evidence that he's not a team player
Also what is the reason for saying “believes he should be playing a lot higher”. Has he said he thinks he is better than NLN level?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 am

al_quaker wrote:
Its on a par with saying AA "has lost the dressing room" when 2 down at Blyth and saying Taylor isn't a good keeper for diving the wrong way for a penalty.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 am
al_quaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
beatroute66 wrote:

Also what is the reason for saying “believes he should be playing a lot higher”. Has he said he thinks he is better than NLN level?
Watch or read his interview and AA comments from May. As for not a team player was based on AA saying, do your job and 50% of your team mates which I have not observed as a starter or substitute. Is not good out of possession (like Rivers/Charman/Cassidy) not good in the tackle delays or avoids contact, and does not have interlink play of quality, reminds me of Caton without the gloves.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:04 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 am
al_quaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:

Watch or read his interview and AA comments from May. As for not a team player was based on AA saying, do your job and 50% of your team mates which I have not observed as a starter or substitute. Is not good out of possession (like Rivers/Charman/Cassidy) not good in the tackle delays or avoids contact, and does not have interlink play of quality, reminds me of Caton without the gloves.
To me, that seems an awful lot to conclude based on 2 starts, one of which everyone was woeful, and a handful of sub appearances.

And I'd be surprised if there's a player at the club who doesn't have ambition to play higher and the self belief that they could prosper. Why would they sign for a club aiming for promotion if they thought this was their level?

There's a small minorty of Darlington fans who seem to need to have one player they criticise at every turn. I've heard a few comments re Mondal already, so maybe he's this years selection. Why not just get behind a youngish player who is clearly low on confidence after a bad couple of years, instead of jumping straight into criticism after not many minutes?