Spennymoor Away (KO 1pm)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TKOA
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Away (KO 1pm)

Post by TKOA » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:32 pm

Two options for this one if you’re under 8 feet tall. Get there an hour before kick off and don’t move (Take a spare bottle if necessary). If that doesn’t take your fancy take a step ladder. I wish they’d stop being pathetic and just give us the terrace behind the goal, we’ll even fill it for them.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:07 pm

There's no way it's the safest way to segregate the ground for a larger away following. You could give a larger allocation by using a different chunk of the ground with far more easy to control areas for segregation. It would be safer, easier to police/steward, and you'd sell more tickets too (it won't be a sell out - i'd understand limiting the numbers if it would be, but it won't even be close).

If nothing else, it does serve as a reminder that money really isn't an object to them. Blyth, York and plenty others manage to cope with a larger allocation, and similarly i'm happy for us to take larger allocations if it gives the club more cash (admittedly only York really brought a notable number, possibly Scarborough will this year although maybe not as its Boxing Day).

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:05 pm

Two areas of the ground are immediately ruled out for a big following of away fans, the standing area behind one goal because it includes the home fans' bar (and is their Tin Shed) and the main stand where their season ticket holders sit. The obvious solution is to allocate us some or all of the seats behind the other goal along with the terrace they have given us. They don't want to do that even though they could still easily accommodate all of their fans if they did this.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:58 pm

Yep, exactly.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:54 am

I know we have to give a certain percentage of capacity to away fans but this season I'd love it if we offer them 600 tickets but in 3 stages, as and when they sell out each quota. Then cram the 200 or so they do sell, in the corner of the ground and let home fans in behind both goals.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:54 am
I know we have to give a certain percentage of capacity to away fans but this season I'd love it if we offer them 600 tickets but in 3 stages, as and when they sell out each quota. Then cram the 200 or so they do sell, in the corner of the ground and let home fans in behind both goals.
Could stick them in the corner. Did we do that against Walsall? Not that we had anything against them but like Spenny they weren’t expected to bring very many.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 am

Ballot was undersubscribed Seems we’ve all had enough of being treated like cattle and their general amateurism in staging these matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 am
Ballot was undersubscribed Image Seems we’ve all had enough of being treated like cattle and their general amateurism in staging these matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very surprising that the ballot was undersubscribed. Definitely has to be an element of fans deciding to give this a miss due to the recent history of this fixture. I am sure Spennymoor will be quite happy that our fans have lost their desire to attend, but it could work against them. Perhaps it is now easier for some of our less well behaved supporters to acquire tickets now that a lot of season ticket holders have not applied for them

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:49 pm

I am not at all surprised that it is under subscribed. We have had enough.
On saying that, I bet we take more than double the fans that they have at our place.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:26 pm

If anyone doesn't want to go because of the way we are treated then that's fair enough. I don't think Brad and Spenny will be at all bothered how many of our fans stay away. In fact I think Brad would be happy with anything that gives them a competitive advantage and the fewer of our fans cheering us on the better. It's clear that missing out on some cash is not much of an issue. Desperately trying to prove that they are the Pride of County Durham is what's important.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:13 pm

Because of Fencegate I chose not to pursue getting any tickets for this fixture, however it’s not the only reason. To me - some of their players are dicks, the way they play act, the way they look to stir up trouble on the pitch etc, and this will no doubt get worse now that what’shisname and thingy are in charge. Call me old fashioned but I like to see a sporting match when I go and watch a game of football, so I’m happy to give this game a miss.

I realise that Groves helped us out when we needed a ground to play in, but that’s another matter.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:10 pm

Maybe James Curtis will still be in hospital following the life-threatening injuries he sustained from rolling around on the floor after yet another embarrassing "alercation" this week :oops:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:22 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Maybe James Curtis will still be in hospital following the life-threatening injuries he sustained from rolling around on the floor after yet another embarrassing "alercation" this week :oops:
Had to laugh at the physio "treating" his injury whilst he was pole-axed on the floor.Looked as though he had been floored by Tyson Fury.....pathetic but not unexpected from this football cheat.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 pm

I'm hoping to see Felix bearing down on goal with only the old carthorse to beat!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:23 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I'm hoping to see Felix bearing down on goal with only the old carthorse to beat!
Curtis would probably rugby tackle him and pretend he was kneed in the head with half the Spenny players surrounding the ref wanting a red card for Felix

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:32 pm

Glad to see so many fans are choosing not to go to the match. Just hope those that have decided to go will get treated properly by Spennymoor and act as good ambassadors for our club & don't react to any provokation. No doubt the NL officials will be giving our fans close attention following the incident at Chorley.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:18 pm

163 tickets remaining at 7pm Monday with a deadline of 7pm Tuesday for sales.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:01 pm

If curtis is playing he will do his usual reff it wasn't me while winding up Darlington player he targets to get the player sent off. Curtis is an out and out cheat,

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:55 pm

After Saturday's performance, I'd be very surprised if we sell our full allocation.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:39 am

onewayup wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:01 pm
If curtis is playing he will do his usual reff it wasn't me while winding up Darlington player he targets to get the player sent off. Curtis is an out and out cheat,
Surely by now the NLN officials and referees know exactly how Curtis operates. Unless they exist in a different universe they must be aware of his dubious record of dirty tactics and play acting. We need a strong referee for this one who is not going to be intimidated and is savvy enough to know what is going on, and also one who is prepared to use his assistants eyes and ears as well.
Sadly I am not sure there will be many such officials available from what I have seen in recent times at this level. We certainly don’t want the referee who officiated last season as he was all at sea.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:43 am

I reckon Richie Foran would have made Curtis think twice ;)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:57 am

I see both clubs and Durham Police have put out an announcement regarding Saturday. It seems Spennymoor have invested in some more rigorous fencing and are proposing to have better segregation between supporters. Better late than never I suppose.

ralphb

Post by ralphb » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:47 pm

Whats all the fuss about, unfortunately both clubs,as most in this land of ours have our share of supporters who like to go to particularly away games and cause trouble, then blame others for their lack of control.
Lets just go to the game, as i will and support my team Darlington surely that's what is important

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:22 am

Silence on the injury position with regard to central defence.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:58 am

LoidLucan wrote:Silence on the injury position with regard to central defence.
Just listened to Ray's interview with AA and only mentioned Kane Felix returning.No idea who will be playing at CB.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:28 am

surely if they are injured, you wouldn't want to give the opposition that boost so that they can prepare for it prior to the game in their training set ups

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:16 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:58 am
Just listened to Ray's interview with AA and only mentioned Kane Felix returning.No idea who will be playing at CB.

Ray *really* doesn't like asking important questions does he? Or maybe he considers us minions unworthy of being kept in the loop?

Pisses me off no end.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:21 am

Maybe AA will play Beck in central defence due to his hight & strength?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

bga

Post by bga » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:18 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:16 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:58 am

Ray *really* doesn't like asking important questions does he? Or maybe he considers us minions unworthy of being kept in the loop?

Pisses me off no end.
What is "frustrating" is towards the end of last season (I think) the Club, in the weekly pre-match report gave us an update on all injuries, suspensions even reminding us who was out on loan. I think most fans found this helpful, maybe it was giving "too much away," but I really don't think it affected any results a numberof clubs do this.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:36 pm

AA , let’s hope the fans behave themselves, he gets sent off 😀