Dreams Are Made Of This

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Dreams Are Made Of This

Post by uncovered » Tue May 10, 2011 9:53 am

Winning a Major Trophy at the home of English football in injury time of extra time, does it get any better?

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=576

darlo2001uk
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dreams Are Made Of This

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue May 10, 2011 10:27 am

Bloody hell Scott. I had just got rid of that bit of grit in my eye and now it's come back again :D

Great words!

Andrew Wilkinson

Post by Andrew Wilkinson » Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 am

Very good Scott - the key words are 'Then the moment.' Life is made up of moments. Many thousands of them every day. The vast vast majority mean nothing. But what price that moment when the ball hit the net?

The press box was level with the 18-yard line at the other end. But seeing you lot in ecstacy was something I will never forget. It was brilliant to interview Darlo winners at Wembley after I had twice had to talk to Darlo losers there. But for me, like you, the moment when Chris scored is what will stay etched on my memory.

ConsettQuaker

Post by ConsettQuaker » Tue May 10, 2011 11:02 am

A great piece Scott, thoroughly enjoyed reading it and feel that same passion for our football club. Like you i don't show emotion much, but i did on Saturday and proud of it. A very special day that will NEVER be forgotten by the Darlo faithful!!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue May 10, 2011 11:09 am

Andrew Wilkinson wrote:Very good Scott - the key words are 'Then the moment.' Life is made up of moments. Many thousands of them every day. The vast vast majority mean nothing. But what price that moment when the ball hit the net?

The press box was level with the 18-yard line at the other end. But seeing you lot in ecstacy was something I will never forget. It was brilliant to interview Darlo winners at Wembley after I had twice had to talk to Darlo losers there. But for me, like you, the moment when Chris scored is what will stay etched on my memory.
And to be in the middle of that ecstacy was something special and never to be forgotten

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue May 10, 2011 11:17 am

" When I watch and hear Rays commentary for the goal I fill up with emotion, I don’t cry though because I am hard!"

I guess thats another way of celebrating :think: :lol:

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Tue May 10, 2011 11:20 am

The ''moment'' this club has been waiting for, for a very long time.....Long may the great Darlington FC continue having moments like this!!!
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 am

It's a great great feeling isn't it and it isn't going away. It seems so long since we had a truly great experience (Leeds in 96, or Hangers in 2000), I'd given up on ever reaching those levels again but this seems to beat everything combined. If someone wrote the script for saturday, they did a pretty good job. I feel like I've been paid back every penny I've ever invested in this football club and more.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue May 10, 2011 11:51 am

Everybody in West Wales thinks I'm off my trolley. Just can't seem to get this big stupid grin off my face. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :roll:

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 am

joejaques wrote:Everybody in West Wales thinks I'm off my trolley. Just can't seem to get this big stupid grin off my face. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :roll:
Wondered where you would fit in the eye roll!

pgowling

Post by pgowling » Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 pm

good article Scott :thumbup:
Flying the flag for Darlo across the pond.

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Tue May 10, 2011 9:01 pm

cracking write up Scott, still buzzin!

Black'n'White Army

Post by Black'n'White Army » Tue May 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Cracking article mate, them goose bumps and that lump in the throat just came flooding back! :clap: