Spennymoor going up?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Spennymoor going up?

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 13, 2013 6:07 am

I posted this on the League setup thread but it's quite noteworthy to see the mix of teams in this guesstimate:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... 0twZlpZVnc

Brigg move South to North with New Mills, Warrington & Cammell Laird going the other way.

The spare spot in D1N is taken up by Spennymoor in this version. It's only just been updated.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Notts_Quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor going up?

Post by Notts_Quaker » Mon May 13, 2013 6:21 am

If true it's no wonder they didn't rush to get their fixtures completed on time.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:23 am

It's a possibility, but I've heard that Walton Casuals may be reprieved.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon May 13, 2013 6:28 am

It does make sense, the northern league would run on even numbers next season
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon May 13, 2013 6:47 am

This would boil my p1$$ if it happens. Don't care about us. We won our place and the right to be promoted. What really gets me rattled is that Bridlington amassed a fantastic number of pints by the agreed deadline, applied and are eligible for promotion, yet Spendy finish late, make a mockery of fair play, hide behind a backlog of games that others have fitted in and might still be moved up. It stinks.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 13, 2013 7:23 am

Plus all of the papping of our pants that we've done through the season about not finishing 1st and having to accept at least another season in the NL, only to find out that it didn't matter in the end because 2nd is going up this season anyway!

On the other hand, it'd be good to have Spenny in our league again. And it DOES make sense to reduce the NL to 22.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Mon May 13, 2013 7:27 am

And ive amassed a fantastic amount of pints on my trips to Bridlington! :-)
As to whether or not Spenny go up, I think it would be great for us, nice local away day where as our next closest would be over 50 miles away? We will still win it regardless ;-)

winterbottom275

Post by winterbottom275 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:28 am

Its disapointing in a way because we fought so hard to get games in to get promoted but means we have a local derby which will bring in great crowds and continue a local riverly to push each other on and means more local games with scarborough and harrogate

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon May 13, 2013 8:24 am

Why do some people on here just love shouting before they get hurt? Just wait & see, it's all just speculation at the moment. :roll:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:43 am

All this about how great it would be if Spenny came up,local derby with great crowds, local rivalry etc etc,load of rubbish.The FA clowns stated no extention to the season, games to finish on 6th May,and 1 team only to get promoted,yet if they move the goalposts YET AGAIN, it will be a total disgrace.Personally I am getting sick and tired of hearing about bloody Spenny, who the hell are they really and no way should they be allowed to come up with us, we are there on merit because we have blitzed this league and will undermine all our hard work if that lot come up with us.Keep them in the northern league next season and if they win the league and want promotion then good luck to them they will have earned the right to go up like we have.Rules are rules and should not be continually broken regardless of how far down the pyramid you are.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 am

Notts_Quaker wrote:If true it's no wonder they didn't rush to get their fixtures completed on time.
It's all guesswork at the moment. I've heard Friday mentioned as the day when the official lists all come out the mangle.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

Spennymoor probably helped us raise our level this last season so we shouldn't be too upset if they are in the same league as us next season. Also lets not forget we finished 11 plus points above them with our current side.

The only downside is that they might pick up some of our targets because this sustainable football club seems to be able to offer more cash than we can.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon May 13, 2013 11:02 am

I'll join in with the premature outrage...

We spent a lot of extra cash to finish above Spenny. If it turns out 2nd place goes up anyway it means it was a waste.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 am

All speculation at the moment so won't get too irate about this yet, it's hard to quantify the extra money spent in beating Spenny to the title though. If we spent x amount less and finished second with only 100pts would we still be promoted or would they give it to someone else? If Spenny are promoted I won't be annoyed as it doesn't really affect us but I'd be annoyed if I was someone like Bridlington who were mentioned above.

Based on the NL history in the pyramid of teams refusing promotion it would be crazy to see two teams go at once.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 13, 2013 11:25 am

If Bridlington applied last year and missed out then too, if I was them I'd be well annoyed that a team that turned down promotion for the last few years should get the spare space ahead of them.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 am

Bridlington finished third. The two clubs in the two other feeder leagues who came second both failed the ground grading. Bootle finished third with an average of 2.047 points. Bridlington with an average of 2.261. Spenny need to get to 105 points (3 points from their last three games to get to this figure) to have a better PPG than Bridlington.

However, because Spenny have finished second, I think their league position supercedes the PPG (same as points is better than goal difference), and they had confirmed their second place prior to the season deadline. That could be how they get around it. However, failure to complete your season when everyone else has fitted their games in is not acceptable. Who is to say how many points Spenny would have got if they had to play back to back.

I personally don't want Spenny in the division above because it's extra competition. However, that is a side issue, it's the ethics of the situation that really annoys me.
Last edited by dickdarlington on Mon May 13, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Mon May 13, 2013 11:41 am

Darlo_Manc wrote:Based on the NL history in the pyramid of teams refusing promotion it would be crazy to see two teams go at once.
Maybe thats the reason - quick, grab two from the NL before they change their mind :lol:

I cant get myself worked up about this if it does happen, although it does seem tough on Brid? - we won the league fair and square, Spenny might get promoted on a cherry pick/another clubs demise/make the numbers up situation? It was always a possibility. Not that long ago we had posters on here who hoped that two would go up when it appeared it would be in our interests? If it happens, it happens.........were STILL league champions!! :lol:

and as for the F.A. moving the goalposts? Do we really expect anything different from them? :crazy:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 13, 2013 12:51 pm

I've seen about four or five different versions of these spreadsheets, all done by nerdy, need-to-get-out-more types.

That one is working on the basis Aldershot and Farnborough get relegated a division because they are in administration, so if they aren't out of it by the Conference AGM, they'd go down another division.

I'm not even sure that's correct, because I thought the Conference refused admission if you are in admin by the AGM - but I could be wrong. Doubtless I'll be corrected.

That would mean Stockport get a reprieve, which has a knock on effect. But if Aldershot and/or Farnborough come out of admin, everything changes again.

Put simply, these nerdy spreadsheet types are guessing.

Best to wait for the official confirmation from the FA, rather than speculating.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I've seen about four or five different versions of these spreadsheets, all done by nerdy, need-to-get-out-more types.

That one is working on the basis Aldershot and Farnborough get relegated a division because they are in administration, so if they aren't out of it by the Conference AGM, they'd go down another division.

I'm not even sure that's correct, because I thought the Conference refused admission if you are in admin by the AGM - but I could be wrong. Doubtless I'll be corrected.

That would mean Stockport get a reprieve, which has a knock on effect. But if Aldershot and/or Farnborough come out of admin, everything changes again.

Put simply, these nerdy spreadsheet types are guessing.

Best to wait for the official confirmation from the FA, rather than speculating.
From the sounds of this Aldershot are just expecting a 10 point deduction next season if they're not out of admin before the Conference AGM...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22440857
Join - Shop - Collect

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:I'll join in with the premature outrage...

We spent a lot of extra cash to finish above Spenny. If it turns out 2nd place go

es up anyway it means it was a waste.
Thomo and Tez a waste of money!!!!! :shock:
Me no thinkee so

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Thomo and Tez a waste of money!!!!! :shock:
Me no thinkee so
No, wouldn't have won the league without them.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

bishopsmike

Post by bishopsmike » Mon May 13, 2013 7:58 pm

It certainly wasnt a waste of money ensuring we were champions... the way we have been done over by the FA there is no way they would have promoted us if we had come second

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Wouldn't it be a lot fairer that Darlington, having been kicked in the teeth by the FA get to replace any current team getting kicked in the teeth on the fact we've turned things around so well. We can replace Aldershot or Portsmouth who won't mind because there's no way southern teams get shipped 4 leagues.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Mon May 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:It's a possibility, but I've heard that Walton Casuals may be reprieved.
Which, if true, is indicative of the stupidity of focusing both reprieves and extra promotions in the south. Walton are absolutely abysmal, a bunch of talentless hackers - whether or not it means extra competition for us next season, it's a complete travesty if a team of Spenny's quality are deprived a place at Step 4 by teams of that 'calibre'.

In general, I think the standard of NL1 was as good as that of the Ryman North and the two Southern League regional divisions this season. Health of football in general should dictate Spennymoor should be given any extra promotion place that appears, although it'll be interesting to see whether they take it or not if offered.

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue May 14, 2013 7:08 am

Spennymoor don't deserve promotion for being such small-time bottlers and rejecting promotion the past three years.

Orvil
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Orvil » Tue May 14, 2013 10:10 am

Santino wrote:Spennymoor don't deserve promotion for being such small-time bottlers and rejecting promotion the past three years.
We didnt take promotion for a reason you fuck wit. If we had then we would have no club now. There was no infrastructure in place, no continuous income/sponsorship. Unlike you we can't go and borrow 50grand to bail us out of the s***. Personally as I said earlier in the season, i'm not fussed if we go up this season or next, if by some miracle we do go up this season then great, we are a year ahead of plan, if its next year, then we are on target for our 5 year plan.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 am

Orvil wrote:
Santino wrote:Spennymoor don't deserve promotion for being such small-time bottlers and rejecting promotion the past three years.
We didnt take promotion for a reason you fuck wit. If we had then we would have no club now. There was no infrastructure in place, no continuous income/sponsorship. Unlike you we can't go and borrow 50grand to bail us out of the s***. Personally as I said earlier in the season, i'm not fussed if we go up this season or next, if by some miracle we do go up this season then great, we are a year ahead of plan, if its next year, then we are on target for our 5 year plan.
Our owners put money into the club. Please tell me how this is any different to the money your owner has put into your club?

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 am

Orvil wrote: We didnt take promotion for a reason you fuck wit..
I know. No ambition.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 14, 2013 10:41 am

Orvil wrote:
Every time I hear about this 5 year plan to get out of the Northern League, I burst out laughing.

It sounds so ambitious and grand, but then you remember it's the fucking Northern League, and suddenly it turns into a joke.

Spennymoor fans keep banging on about why this 5 year plan is so important but instead of vague details such as "we need to... err... get the infrastructure in place *cough*" could one of you actually explain why it isn't a total waste of time, and why I shouldn't laugh my tits off every time I hear about it?

Orvil
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Orvil » Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 am

It isn't a waste of time because it is the right way to do things. Plain and simple. As for your 'owners' pumping money into the club, maybe they should concentrate on paying Durham the rest of the fee for thommo that was due at the end of march...