Sick Rumour going round...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Sick Rumour going round...

Post by Big Tim » Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 pm

A lot of poolies on twitter seem to think we've signed Adam Boyd :lol: :oops:

Quakerz

Re: Sick Rumour going round...

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 19, 2013 12:17 pm

We were offered Boyd before he went to Spenny - we weren't interested and Spenny picked him up, thinking it was a coup.

We're hardly likely to go back to him.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun May 19, 2013 12:24 pm

That would be tragic
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun May 19, 2013 12:46 pm

After playing us off Spenny for more money earlier in the season I think MG would tell him where to go
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

quakerkid

Post by quakerkid » Sun May 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Want some signings confirmed soon like, just so we have an idea of the squad for next year.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:03 pm

calm down man. Season hasn't even finished yet! We used to get trialists in during pre-season friendlies and they don't kick off until July!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:09 pm

quakerkid wrote:Want some signings confirmed soon like, just so we have an idea of the squad for next year.
No need to worry yet but you may get your wish as early as tomorrow, if Stoddarts' tweets are anything to go by anyway.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun May 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Ah...the enthusiasm of youth!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 19, 2013 2:22 pm

quakerkid wrote:Want some signings confirmed soon like, just so we have an idea of the squad for next year.
Go to the official site.
Go to the playing staff page.
That will give you a very accurate idea of the squad for next year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Sun May 19, 2013 2:34 pm

patience, my young friend..............in MG we trust.......he did alright last season, didnt he ;)

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Until we get swamped by bunkerites taking the piss I'll say this rumour is a crock of shite
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun May 19, 2013 6:21 pm

go by my motto

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Until we get swamped by bunkerites taking the piss I'll say this rumour is a crock of shite
I think a comment like that speaks volumes about your knowledge of football.

I am pretty sure Adam Boyd has more ability than anyone who'll play at the level your team will next season.

He's one of the best players I've ever seen play for my club you nugget the last thing any Pools fan would do is take the piss. If they did they'd probably be as ignorant and thick as you.

To knowledge more Darlo fans post on the Bunker than Pools fans 'swamping' this board.
Last edited by PJPoolie on Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm

PJPoolie wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Until we get swamped by bunkerites taking the piss I'll say this rumour is a crock of shite
I think a comment like that speaks volumes about your knowledge of football.

I am pretty sure Adam Boyd has more ability than anyone who'll play at the level your team will next season.

He's one of the best players I've ever seen play for my club you nugget the last thing any Pools fan would do is take the piss. If they did they'd probably be as ignorant and thick as you.
To be fair PJ you've had the benefit of seeing Boyd in his prime scoring goals. If his recent efforts (or lack of them) in the Northern League are anything to go by then it's hardly surprising that people are somewhat underwhelmed by the prospect of him being a target.

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm

He didn't play last year really did he?

Loads of shite is talked about Adam Boyd. He is a quiet lad who's been unlucky with injuries especially one major injury which has cost him a crucial half a yard to do a defender or get a shot away.

He is a very good footballer. I hope you do sign him.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun May 19, 2013 9:30 pm

No chance .... We have a team full of fit young skilful lads .... The last thing we need or want is a crocked old overweight donkey .... We ain't Northampton town ... ;)

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm

PJPoolie wrote:He didn't play last year really did he?

Loads of shite is talked about Adam Boyd. He is a quiet lad who's been unlucky with injuries especially one major injury which has cost him a crucial half a yard to do a defender or get a shot away.

He is a very good footballer. I hope you do sign him.
He didn't play much no, but maybe that's part of the perceived problem. He started off at Celtic Nation and massive things were expected, but he didn't really get going and moved on after a handful of games, then ended up at Spennymoor and barely turned out for them at all, even when fit.

He's obviously a good footballer to have played at the level he has done previously. My question would be, can he still do it?

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm

He's is 30, he isn't over weight and I imagine he has more skill in his little finger than most of your players.

Your lads are good Northern League players. Have a look at Adams goals/starts record in the football league, it's pretty good.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm

No thanks .... You clearly know very little about us and our football team mate ....

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm

You are deluded.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Boyd wasn't good enough to get a game for Spennymoor and did nowt at Celtic Nation.

Therefore he would not get in our team.

The player he once was, counts for nothing now.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm

If QuakerSam's comment is true - and I have no reason to believe that it isn't - then you have to question his attitude.

As Quakerz says, what he was before counts for very little now.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:Boyd wasn't good enough to get a game for Spennymoor and did nowt at Celtic Nation.

Exactly. Clark Keltie was once an above average league 2 central midfielder. He's about Boyd's age.

Players fade. For whatever reason, be it fitness, attitude, bad luck, Adam Boyd is seemingly not good enough to make an impact at more than one Northern League club.

I'd be disappointed if we started signing washed up ex-pros when we've had success signing hungry young amateurs.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm

I hope it's true you all rate Martin Gray and if he wants him he probably thinks he can do a job.

I hope it's true more than anything to put the bed the misconception that he has a bad attitude.

Boydy has scored 99 goals in about 230 football league starts and once went for a half a million, Clarke Keltie has always been s***.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Spyman wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Boyd wasn't good enough to get a game for Spennymoor and did nowt at Celtic Nation.

Exactly. Clark Keltie was once an above average league 2 central midfielder. He's about Boyd's age.

Players fade. For whatever reason, be it fitness, attitude, bad luck, Adam Boyd is seemingly not good enough to make an impact at more than one Northern League club.

I'd be disappointed if we started signing washed up ex-pros when we've had success signing hungry young amateurs.

That's the right way to go about it, and Gray got it spot on. I remember a few fans being up in arms after Gray offered Lee and Arnison trials, instead of trying to sign them straight away, but nobody walks straight into the squad regardless of their history and reputation.

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm

So if Gray does want to sign him you'll be upset?

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sun May 19, 2013 9:56 pm

PJPoolie wrote:So given if Gray does want to sign him you'll be upset?
If Martin Gray wants to sign him then I'll back that decision 100%. And I would hope that Boyd can rediscover the form he has previously shown.

Truth is though PJ it's quite a while since you've seen him play for a sustained period of time at a decent level. There really is no knowing how it would turn out, there are no guarantees he would score 25 a season, just as there are no guarantees that he wouldn't.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

PJPoolie wrote:So given if Gray does want to sign him you'll be upset?
No.

I'm not bothered, personally. If Gray thinks that he can do a job then I trust his judgement, but I'm not convinced that he can.

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

I think he scored 7 in 15 starts in League One last season.

It's not really extending memory capacity that far.

Wing Commander Darlo

Post by Wing Commander Darlo » Sun May 19, 2013 10:27 pm

7 in 15 at League One level last year? So why wasn't he signed by a League One team? He next shows up at a level several rungs below that standard and doesn't pull up the kind of trees you would expect of a player of that quality playing part-timers. I would put that down to a serious career ending injury or something that would come under the catch-all title "attitude".

If Gray can get something like decent form out of him then that's fine, but you can understand people being a bit wary (for reasons other than the tribal one that he once played for Hartlepool) with the lack of impact he's made for other people at this level.