Mind the gap

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Mind the gap

Post by AndyPark » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:13 pm

2 games in, bottom of League 2.

Guess who?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MaddosMilkman

Re: Mind the gap

Post by MaddosMilkman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't take any notice of the standings until they've all played around ten games or so. Having said that, I'll enjoy it while it lasts because they'll turn it around before too long. They'll end up around mid-table I think.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:52 pm

I just can't see where Pools are going to get the goals from. No proven goalscorer in the team. Relying on youngsters too much. They have Howard but he's not prolific and won't do much from the bench.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Trouble is with the kids is a few defeats on the bounce, their heads will drop and they'll struggle to recover. Looks like IOU have finally got sick of chucking money away and they're forced to live within their means with a few huge earners taking up most of the wage bill.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:02 pm

The team will look totally different by the end of August, it's about Cooper getting rid of deadwood off the wage bill.

We got £65,000 for Hartley last week (who is s***), Monkhouse is leaving this week (who is past it) Plenty of scope for signings now. If we have any takers for Horward and Collins I might shot my whack.

Plus today in the first half today we actually looked good, played some great stuff.

Mind the gap Andy? You should have had that in mind at 3am when you stepped in front of that articulated lorry off a kerb.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 pm

PJPoolie wrote:The team will look totally different by the end of August, it's about Cooper getting rid of deadwood off the wage bill.

We got £65,000 for Hartley last week (who is s***), Monkhouse is leaving this week (who is past it) Plenty of scope for signings now. If we have any takers for Horward and Collins I might shot my whack.

Plus today in the first half today we actually looked good, played some great stuff.

Mind the gap Andy? You should have had that in mind at 3am when you stepped in front of that articulated lorry off a kerb.

Much as I would be wary of bragging about anything while we remain four divisions below Hartlepool, and they have only payed two games, that is definitely, unquestionably, a massive bite. Well done Andy, you can be on the front of Anglers Weekly with PJ in your hands.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Not a bite at all we're not very good, just filling you in, so to speak.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 pm

It's a bite.

Hartlepool are about to find their level.

We are doing likewise - just on a more pure level in terms of financial input.

It's only a matter of time before IOR pull the plug, and then what...

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 pm

am i the only one who genuinely doesnt give a flying fuck?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Mullet69uk on Twitter

the_scq

Post by the_scq » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:05 am

Mullet69 wrote:am i the only one who genuinely doesnt give a flying fuck?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yes a pointless thread considering our respective positions in the footballing world. Forget about them until parity achieved.
Independence for Seaton Carew

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:37 am

So why bother commenting on the thread then if it of no interest to you, move along, Andy was just having a bit of fun

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 am

I still check back. They will always be our rivals. Same reason PJ checks back here. 1 day the rivalry will be reborn - in the conference I reckon.

number_one

Post by number_one » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am

PJPoolie wrote:Not a bite at all we're not very good, just filling you in, so to speak.
It was a massive bite, your original reply was to say things will turn round on the basis of you getting rid of two players but then agree you are shite.

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 am

Potentially only 2 leagues between us at the end of this season ?! hey as mentioned though seasons only just started and we've a lot of work to do both on and off the field.

I feel sorry for the younger generation of Darlo and Pools fans as those old enough to remember to 70's/80's/90's there is simply nothing to mach the buzz/adrenalin rush of us 2 meeting, especially the away games ;-)

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 am

lo36789 wrote:I still check back. They will always be our rivals. Same reason PJ checks back here. 1 day the rivalry will be reborn - in the conference I reckon.
NO POINTS
NO GOALS
NO HOPE

Coference North Season 2014/2015 I reckon. :roll:

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:37 am

I want them to drop as far down the leagues as possible after the way some of their fans went on about our situation, doubt it'll happen though, they'll probably become a solid League 2 team

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:16 pm

They will only go down from League Two if

a) they can't get stop the current rot
b) financial difficulty

I wouldn't wish the latter on then because the money they must owe to IOR will be insane...that said IOR probably aren't as unreasonable as some other owners and may decide to let their debt go given that realistically they will get none of it back.

It will either be this year or not at all and they will do what Cameron says and become a standard league two side basically the same as ourselves and Hartlepool always were excluding money backed/lost seasons.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:53 pm

number_one wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:Not a bite at all we're not very good, just filling you in, so to speak.
It was a massive bite, your original reply was to say things will turn round on the basis of you getting rid of two players but then agree you are shite.
It reminds me a bit of the straw clutching back when we were in the Todd/Staunton era.

Oh we've got Miller and Foster, who are both good, and Smith has played for Bolton, and this Purcell seems good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Spyman wrote:
number_one wrote:
It reminds me a bit of the straw clutching back when we were in the Todd/Staunton era.

Oh we've got Miller and Foster, who are both good, and Smith has played for Bolton, and this Purcell seems good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Funny that, because that's exactly what I thought - some young loanees in alongside some older heads. Start off playing okay but with no attacking threat and losing by the odd goal...

That they are pinning hopes on trying to bring in Main from Boro says it all.

number_one

Post by number_one » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:25 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:I want them to drop as far down the leagues as possible after the way some of their fans went on about our situation, doubt it'll happen though, they'll probably become a solid League 2 team
Nah, I have no time for that, my preference would be for IOR to withdraw their support sending 'artlepools into liquidation, allowing them to form a Phoenix club, that also goes to the wall shortly after its formation.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm

number_one wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:I want them to drop as far down the leagues as possible after the way some of their fans went on about our situation, doubt it'll happen though, they'll probably become a solid League 2 team
Nah, I have no time for that, my preference would be for IOR to withdraw their support sending 'artlepools into liquidation, allowing them to form a Phoenix club, that also goes to the wall shortly after its formation.
And where would your local derby/rivalry come from if that happened?

number_one

Post by number_one » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Twintowers wrote:
number_one wrote:
And where would your local derby/rivalry come from if that happened?
Ain't got it now, haven't had it for a while, and if they stay afloat unlikely to happen for quite some time, so couldn't care less.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:05 pm

PJPoolie wrote:The team will look totally different by the end of August, it's about Cooper getting rid of deadwood off the wage bill.

Ah how cute, turning personal. Bless you.

Must be the pressure of sitting at the bottom of the Football League :wave:

I for 1, will enjoy every moment of you sat down there scoring no goals and having no points!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 pm

PJPoolie wrote:Plus today in the first half today we actually looked good, played some great stuff.
PJPoolie wrote:we're not very good, just filling you in, so to speak.
:problem:

the_scq

Post by the_scq » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:So why bother commenting on the thread then if it of no interest to you, move along, Andy was just having a bit of fun
I didn't say it was of no interst to me just pointless. We all saw Andy's sense of fun last season with the infamous 'match off' thread. Ooh! Me fookin' ribs!
Independence for Seaton Carew

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:51 am

Andy's been quiet on the Bunker ( think he once said he'd never go on it as well) since our form turned around. I noticed not many other Darlo Fans have started threads about the form we in at the moment either.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:08 am

Probably cos hardly anyone is interested.

What form are you in, by the way?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 am

Return_of_Fetish wrote:Andy's been quiet on the Bunker ( think he once said he'd never go on it as well) since our form turned around. I noticed not many other Darlo Fans have started threads about the form we in at the moment either.
i'd be a bit worried about Boro looking at your manager. :) any rumours? can't see coops in the bookies list but stranger things have happened given boro's financial limits.

Return_of_Fetish

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 am

Boro won't come in for Cooper (50s last time I saw any prices) far to early in his managerial career for that, My money's on Stuart Pearce at 16s

Return_of_Fetish

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 am

Quakerz wrote:Probably cos hardly anyone is interested.

What form are you in, by the way?
A lot were when we were 2nd bottom and not scoring though. Look at the replies on this thread to see that