Liam Hatch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Liam Hatch

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:34 am

I was at the presentation and Hatch was on top form, sounds like that continued as he stayed out with the fans long into the night.

Don't ask why but it dawned on me yesterday that IF (and it might be a big if) Hatch is still with us next season I think he might be the first player to ever represent Darlington at 4 different levels of football.

> League Two
> Conference
> Northern Premier League Division One North
> Northern Premier League Premier Division

shawry

Re: Liam Hatch

Post by shawry » Sun May 03, 2015 8:42 am

Did Dowson not play for us on loan in league 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun May 03, 2015 8:56 am

he did

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 03, 2015 10:19 am

I like Hatchy for his commitment to the cause. He has really fought back after being put on the transfer list and he's certainly proved to be more than a handful for defenders. I'd like to see him stay with us next season as he seems to be still pretty fit.

Darlo.For.Life

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Sun May 03, 2015 10:21 am

Does anyone know if he's still on the transfer list?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 03, 2015 10:32 am

I hadn't heard he wasn't, so I just assumed he still is.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun May 03, 2015 10:35 am

He had a one year contract which will have ended now..

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun May 03, 2015 10:50 am

I'd love him to stay but i doubt he will.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 03, 2015 11:03 am

I'd like him to stay - although the word is that "he's not fit enough to play a full match"

Hatch makes things happen, and I would say that his goal V Spenny was the most important event of this week! If they'd had time to regroup and time waste, that would of been it for our play off dream.

Hatch can also play in defence, which makes him an ideal player to have on the bench.

Bring on the HATCH MUST STAY T shirts ;)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun May 03, 2015 11:13 am

Would love Hatch to stay, Scarborough away he totally changed the game and who can forget Spennymoor on wednesday with what was a huge goal, the problem for Hatch is the strike force that started yesterday finished on 60 goals between them in the league and play offs

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 03, 2015 11:22 am

But he's a great weapon to bring on with 30 minutes left to play.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 03, 2015 12:25 pm

I would add my name to the list that would want him to stay, gives his all and his play in the air is second to none

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:gives his all and his play in the air is second to none
But not as good as Darlogoose.

Whatever happened to Darlogoose?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 03, 2015 1:57 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:gives his all and his play in the air is second to none
But not as good as Darlogoose.

Whatever happened to Darlogoose?
[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03 ... 7fcfc0.jpg[/img]

Strangely I came across him 2 months ago in Tesco's car park whilst going to a mid week game, thought I had reported this but maybe not, he/she was in fine fettle and was having a scavenge around whilst honking "come on Darlo"

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 03, 2015 6:09 pm

I hope Hatch stays - he's such a handful for defenders to play against and has a knack for scoring big goals.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Hope he stays. Game changer.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun May 03, 2015 7:28 pm

I got the feeling when the players were at the top of the main stand he was last one there and took the applause, it looked like saying goodbye to me. Could be wrong.

I think the problem is that Hatch is probs one of the biggest earners but could be 4th/5th choice striker. But I do agree that he can change games and there's evidence that he's done that this season for sure

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun May 03, 2015 8:03 pm

D_F_C wrote:I got the feeling when the players were at the top of the main stand he was last one there and took the applause, it looked like saying goodbye to me. Could be wrong.

I think the problem is that Hatch is probs one of the biggest earners but could be 4th/5th choice striker. But I do agree that he can change games and there's evidence that he's done that this season for sure
We wouldn't have gone up this season without him.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Hope MG keeps virtually all these lads for next season, superb team spirit and would be a real shame if anyone left bur this is football and tough decisions have to be made.I honestly think if Hatchy had not scored against Spenny within 2 minutes of them taking the lead we would not have made the final, Spenny would have closed us down and seen the game out.He can change a game in an instant with his physical prescence and really hope MG can find a place for him even with Amar coming back.If Adam Mitchell was to be offered a contract by a league club then a winger must come in as Mota does not really cut it for me, too lightweight.Will be a very interesting summer as MG indicated he would be looking at bringing in 3 or 4 new players if we were to get promoted, but got to say what an absolute credit these lads have been to our football club playing with that pressure this last week.Take a bow boys,phenomenal effort.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Based on the current squad, I believe we need to bring in 3 players at least; those being a right-back, a centre-midfielder and a winger.

Question marks over Bell (does he fancy another season on the bench?), White (does he want to play on another season?) and Mitchell (will he move on higher?). We all know Weldon won't be here as he is going to be playing in America next season.

As we saw last pre-season, it may be a case of releasing players in order to bring ones in. Out went Walker, Davis, Hopson, Fisher and Ward to be replaced by Reed, Portas, Armstrong and Hatch.

Wouldn't surprise me if we stick to a squad of 18 (current size) which means a couple have to go before we can bring some in.
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Sun May 03, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun May 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Rumour a while back was that Bell was signing for Bishop Auckland for next season
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I have no doubt White will remain for at least 1 more season if MG wants him, he's said as much, the guy is still very fit & appears to pick up few injuries.

I hope Mitchell gets a offer as he deserves to be playing higher up

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 03, 2015 9:38 pm

quakersam wrote:Rumour a while back was that Bell was signing for Bishop Auckland for next season
I thought Bell stated that when Darlo no longer want him he's going to retire, as he doesn't want to play for a lesser team.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 03, 2015 10:03 pm

To add to the Bell rumours, I'm sure I read he was retiring at the end of this summer....

There's been ongoing talk about us needing a right-back, but from what I've seen, Gary Brown is a very effective right-back. Excellent defensively and also gets forward well. In the first half against Bamber he was our best outlet going forward.

I can see that we need someone else alongside Portas in the middle. Scott doesn't quite cut-it for me. As good as he can be against lesser teams I think he'll begin to struggle at the next level up.

So from what I can see, another midfielder and maybe a replacement for Mitchell are what is required. And back-up for Pete Jameson if Bell retires.

All of the above is based on little knowledge of the gap between this level and the next, although Curzon did fairly well so on that basis I expect us to be around the play-offs.
Last edited by Spyman on Sun May 03, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 03, 2015 10:08 pm

The good thing with having the reserve team is we can strengthen the squad & hopefully develop some players whilst still giving everyone regular football if finances dictate, I presume reserve players at this level still get match fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun May 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:I have no doubt White will remain for at least 1 more season if MG wants him, he's said as much, the guy is still very fit & appears to pick up few injuries.

I hope Mitchell gets a offer as he deserves to be playing higher up
That is the other risk that players come under the radar, portas in particular.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Five strikers feels like a bit of a luxury but would love The HITMAN to stay, offers something different and is the type of guy who clearly brings it all to the party in big games when it counts.

olrad

Post by olrad » Sun May 03, 2015 11:40 pm

I feel that was hatchys swansong....and he'll now retire on a high, I'm more concerned with the attention portas will be attracting with his excellent performances this season. Lets hope if we have to we can be a springboard for local talent that will be mutually beneficial to them and us.

Bernie Rhodes knows

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Mon May 04, 2015 12:07 am

Hatchy must stay
Hatchy must stay
Hello
Hello
Hatchy must stay.....

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon May 04, 2015 8:01 am

I know it sounds awful but I would release Scott and Thompson if not under contract.
Will Thommo next year have a season like this one or be brilliant like last one ?