Netcafe - 14 December 2018

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Netcafe - 14 December 2018

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:59 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
divas wrote:It’s in the accounts isn’t it? My understand was always that rent was around £35K and the other £30K was a cost of service we pay to the rugby club. Depending on what agenda you have will depend on what number you want to use.

So when the cost of Heritage Park is quoted at £34K P.A. is that plus all the other costs as mentioned here re Blackwell Meadows, or is (was it) 34K all in?

Anyone .......
Well...it was different.

- I am not sure on car park arrangements at Bishop
- we paid the caterers direct at Bishop for the hospitality
- I think bar staff was paid for by Bishop but they also took all the takings as a result whereas at BM we get a share of takings
- we had no ‘presence’ at HP outside of games so weren’t using facilities beyond that

So I think HP probably was mostly ‘all in’ but it wasn’t the same product.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:09 am

So, all in, BM barely costs us any more (Obviously we've spent a lot on construction costs, but that was to be expected), and crucially it's up to the required standard for this level and in Darlington.

It has its many flaws, but those details are crucial. Heritage Park had ceased to be an option unless we paid to develop it (and people were rightly annoyed about the seating we left behind, which turned into quite a spectacular waste of money).

I think it's probably time we accept our lot and move forward with making what we can of BM, and it's good the board are listening. It's going to be a long slog to win over the lapsed fans.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:18 am

loan_star wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: Also - do most appointments "not work out"? That's a hell of an assumption to be making without backing it up.
Darlogramps wrote:There is no one in the footballing world apart from insane idiots who thinks he has ability as a manager, barring himself.

Now who's making assumptions?
I've edited the post so that it's no longer an assumption.
So you are calling Johnson, Tempest and the rest of the interviewing panel insane idiots? Are you trying to drive them out the club as well?
oh don't be so dramatic!! they can't sack him... I don't expect them to come out and say, "well he's useless but he's all we have" but I don't for one second believe they both think he's demonstrated he has the ability to manage. I believe he'd have gone ages ago if we could afford it.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: Also - do most appointments "not work out"? That's a hell of an assumption to be making without backing it up.
Darlogramps wrote:There is no one in the footballing world who thinks he has ability as a manager, barring himself.

Now who's making assumptions?
Given no-one has defended TW on the basis of his ability, I don't follow your point. It seems this post is nothing more than you maintaining your vendetta against me. Are you telling me there are people who think TW is a good manager? If so, I'd love to know who they are.

Theoriginalfatcat has gone awfully quiet after I asked him.
Vendetta? Don't flatter yourself.
If you accuse me of making assumptions on the fact that most managerial sackings are down to it "not working out" then don't whinge when I call you out for making assumptions that only Wright thinks he is a good manager. The players that followed him here obviously think hes worth driving hundreds of miles to play for, so theres half a dozen to start with. I'm sure most of them could find a club far closer to home if they didn't rate him.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 pm

loan_star wrote:
Vendetta? Don't flatter yourself.
You absolutely have a vendetta against me. You cannot let any comment I make to you go. Your ego means you cannot let it drop, which is you always start these long arguments. Bet you reply to every single point I make here.
loan_star wrote: If you accuse me of making assumptions on the fact that most managerial sackings are down to it "not working out" then don't whinge when I call you out for making assumptions that only Wright thinks he is a good manager. The players that followed him here obviously think hes worth driving hundreds of miles to play for, so theres half a dozen to start with. I'm sure most of them could find a club far closer to home if they didn't rate him.
The great irony is you've made at least three assumptions in here yourself ....

So TW was the main factor for them was it? Not money? Not the fact we were offering some of them a way out of Nuneaton who were imploding? Would love to see some quotes from current players saying this was the case. And even if they did, it still doesn't suggest they think now TW is a good manager.

And where's your evidence these players would get clubs elsewhere? Again, you've made an assumption (you're so unbelievably thick as to not realise this). Another way of arguing that point is to say they were so mediocre they couldn't get clubs close to where they live, they had to drive hundreds of miles for work. Given their mediocre performances for us, there's more backing for that argument than the idea they followed TW like he was some messiah, as you're making out.

We know for a fact we blew Tamworth out of the water financially for signing Styche. Clearly money was a massive motivating factor for him. So why not others as well?

None of these players have said they came here primarily for TW. And given Wright's shambolic management since he joined, there's nothing to say that right here and now, they think he's a good manager.

So you're going to have to try harder on that one. Find me someone involved in the football industry, right here and now, who will go on the record in thinking TW is a good manager.

You love to flaunt the fact you have contacts at the club. Perhaps you're just too close to them, so you can't see what's staring everyone else in the face. Wright is hopeless and everyone with any sense thinks it.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 pm

some of these threads make me think Donald Trump posts on Uncovered

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:54 pm

spen666 wrote:some of these threads make me think Donald Trump posts on Uncovered
I agree. However it seems someone in particular has double standards. One rule for him and another for anyone who he argues with. In fact in his last post he could be accused of talking to himself.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Anyway Gramps, where did i say I hadn't made an assumption? Nowhere.
You called me out for making an assumption so I did the same for you. If you cant see that then you are just continuing this argument for the sake of it, like you always seem to do with anyone who disagrees with you. You are very boring.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Nothing to back up your arguments about TW. Funny that. I can support my arguments. You can't so you resort to attacking me (once again). It says everything about who's winning the argument.

I made no assumption. What I'm saying is true - no one in the world of football thinks TW is a good manager. You on the other hand did make an assumption and failed to give anything to support your claim.

I've backed myself up by demonstrating that no one is defending him on the basis of his ability. Find me someone who, right now, thinks TW is a good manager. Bet you can't. I've already debunked your first load of suggestions. You've provided nothing to back yourself up (as usual).

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Darlogramps wrote:There is no one in the footballing world who thinks he has ability as a manager, barring himself.
Darlogramps wrote:There aren't many people in the world of football who'd look at TW and say he's a good manager..
Darlogramps wrote:What I'm saying is true - no one in the world of football thinks TW is a good manager
Well considering you backtracked twice now, firstly it was no one in football, then it was very few in football then back to no one in football, why should I even bother?
Nobody you know is backing up Wrights abilities. That doesn't mean theres nobody that thinks he can hack it. You have made an assumption but you are too pig ignorant to admit so. You even contradict that assumption yourself!!

The person who turned the job down said Wright did a good job last season under the circumstances. I am not defending current form and have said elsewhere his time is up as far as I'm concerned.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:49 pm

loan_star wrote: Well considering you backtracked twice now, firstly it was no one in football, then it was very few in football then back to no one in football, why should I even bother?
Very few/no one - they're both rather interchangeable for the point I'm making. Yes there's a difference, but you're being unnecessarily pedantic just so you can have another pop. Anyone without a vendetta against me will understand the point I'm making is it's widely accepted within the footballing world TW is not a good manager.
loan_star wrote: Nobody you know is backing up Wrights abilities. That doesn't mean theres nobody that thinks he can hack it.
Well if these people are out there, who are they? There's no one out there saying he has ability. You're not providing any more names after your weak first attempt, theoriginalfatcat has gone awfully quiet after his/her outburst a few days ago. Throughout the last few months, when he's been slated by Darlo fans everywhere, no one has defended him and said they think he's good at his job.

Therefore, we can happily say there's no evidence out there that anyone thinks TW is a good manager. Until we see people stating otherwise, we can confidently say no one thinks TW is a good football manager.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote: Well considering you backtracked twice now, firstly it was no one in football, then it was very few in football then back to no one in football, why should I even bother?
Very few/no one - they're both rather interchangeable for the point I'm making. Yes there's a difference, but you're being unnecessarily pedantic just so you can have another pop. Anyone without a vendetta against me will understand the point I'm making is it's widely accepted within the footballing world TW is not a good manager.
loan_star wrote: Nobody you know is backing up Wrights abilities. That doesn't mean theres nobody that thinks he can hack it.
Well if these people are out there, who are they? There's no one out there saying he has ability. You're not providing any more names after your weak first attempt, theoriginalfatcat has gone awfully quiet after his/her outburst a few days ago. Throughout the last few months, when he's been slated by Darlo fans everywhere, no one has defended him and said they think he's good at his job.

Therefore, we can happily say there's no evidence out there that anyone thinks TW is a good manager. Until we see people stating otherwise, we can confidently say no one thinks TW is a good football manager.
I dont know how you have the nerve. The two different statements aren't interchangeable. And you have the gal to call others out if they do things like that. Total hypocrisy.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 pm

I guess that’s another thread in the darlogramps v loan_star bin...

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Goodwill to all men.....

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 pm

I’m not sure who’s winning the argument, but I know the rest of us are losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:06 pm

Yet another thread turned into a petty Darlogramps borefest.

Can you two not get a hotel and release your sexual tension in private?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:43 pm

loan_star wrote: I dont know how you have the nerve. The two different statements aren't interchangeable. And you have the gal to call others out if they do things like that. Total hypocrisy.
I don't know why you take this all so seriously. I mean, imagine getting this upset by something a stranger has written on the internet.You do need to drop this issue you've got with me - can't be healthy for you.

Others are politely expressing their frustrations now, so I'm going to leave it there. Let's see if you can do the same. Or will you need to have the last word?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:34 am

Very clever, trying to take the moral high ground, it’s ok for you to have the last word but you make it so that if I don’t reply then I’m conceding you are right. It takes two to argue and yet you pretend it’s all my doing. You should read back your last comment because it applies to yourself as well.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:10 am

Just to get rid of polish slot links. BM is an adequate ground for us, capacity is fine, even with York coming it will not be full, catering crap but we can improve. Hospitality good and getting better. Commercial manager improving things, our leadership is great and we need to hang onto those for as long as we can.
Only area of improvement, on the pitch, Chorley was better performance wise, defence porous but a couple of loanees again should help. A couple of wins at home this season and staying up is all I hope for. the TW situation is going to be resolved this season or next, I am just going to ignore him and his mediocre pre and post match interviews

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Forgive me but was it not Tommy Wright that rescued last season when all and sundry believed we were going down. He may do it again who knows, football is a funny old game is it not.
I might be the only one but I,m glass half full, he's got enough games to play to get us midd table which is where I believed we would be at the seasons conclusion. Hey I maybe delusional but I have to believe or what's the point. Support the team and let's see exactly where we end the season.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:33 pm

onewayup wrote:Forgive me but was it not Tommy Wright that rescued last season when all and sundry believed we were going down. He may do it again who knows, football is a funny old game is it not.
I might be the only one but I,m glass half full, he's got enough games to play to get us midd table which is where I believed we would be at the seasons conclusion. Hey I maybe delusional but I have to believe or what's the point. Support the team and let's see exactly where we end the season.
Your glass might be half full but If I were you I wouldn’t drink it.

lifetime darlo fan

Post by lifetime darlo fan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm

What I've taken from this thread is its much easy to read the whole thing if you don't read darlogramps input...

Anyway I've bought a darlo shirt since the netcafe and will try to get to more matches than I have to date. The entertainment value is not great but in attending we are supporting our club and that's what we all need to remember. I managed to pursuit 3 friends to join me last time so hopefully I can do that again a few times this season

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
You absolutely have a vendetta against me. You cannot let any comment I make to you go. Your ego means you cannot let it drop, which is you always start these long arguments. Bet you reply to every single point I make here.
Pot, kettle, black.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Infamy, Infamy, everybody's got it in for me.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 pm

lifetime darlo fan wrote:What I've taken from this thread is its much easy to read the whole thing if you don't read darlogramps input...
I think this board is much improved when I ignore all your posts in fairness.
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Pot, kettle, black.
Nah. I just enjoy baiting one particularly sensitive member of this board.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
lifetime darlo fan wrote:What I've taken from this thread is its much easy to read the whole thing if you don't read darlogramps input...
I think this board is much improved when I ignore all your posts in fairness.
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Pot, kettle, black.
Nah. I just enjoy baiting one particularly sensitive member of this board.
So you’re admitting you are the one with the vendetta. Priceless!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:02 pm

No vendetta - that implies some sort of long-term bitterness and need for vengeance. Just some fun trolling on my part. You on the other hand have become obsessed with your vendetta against me.....

And you always bite.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Just proving you are a tit then aren’t you.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 pm

loan_star wrote:Just proving you are a tit then aren’t you.
I don't mind if people think I'm a tit. Up to them. But nice to see you're desperate enough to resort to namecalling. Will remember that the next time you claim the moral high ground.

Toodles.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:50 pm

So Darlogramps admits he’s a troll but then cries like a baby when he gets called a tit.
Sounds like the school bully who runs to the teacher crying when he gets some pay back.
Put the dummy back in you sad twat.