Team v BPA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Team v BPA

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:33 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:03 pm
I think what is most worrying is that in all four home games we haven't looked like turning it around. They are not freak results.
As Ghost said yesterday, let's not forget about the awful last game of the season V Farsley. What has gone wrong?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:57 pm

What about Guiseley in February? That was the one that set the template to be fair.

longlost

Post by longlost » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:33 pm

It looks to me that this is the most talented group we have had in a long time but they play as individuals not a team.

They seem to believe their own hype a little and don't work together well.

Tyrone was doing fancy foot work for no reasons or trying long balls out wide instead of a 5 yard pass. Smacks of someone trying to look good rather than produce for the team.

Erico was getting 2/3 people round him but he didn't head to byline and look to pull back to full back when he'd created space for them.

Full backs didn't back up the wingers and give them a break from the double team.

No crosses despite having the biggest group of attackers we've had for a while.

I hate campball out wide but we are so packed i fear he is going to get put there for game time.

This is really negative but some of the performances from talented people have been shocking.

I'm sure AA will pull it together but there is a danger the season is over before it really starts.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 pm

I don't think they are playong as individuals, it's just that when a team is digging in against them they're a bit too uncompromising on their style of play.

I'd like to see them play more direct at times, even if just to give the opposition something else to think about. Teams know they can dig in because we only attack in one way.

Once last night reid, who i think is being unfairly maligned, ran from 40 yards to 20 without a challenge, then hit traffic. If he'd had a shot before that, surely even if it missed then at least next time the opposition would shut him down, and in the process create more space around the edge of the box.

People are being overly critical of our players i think, really all I'd like to see is a bit of a change of style and a compromise on the attempts to pass through a packed defence when we're chasing the game.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Lots of people are drumming up an inept last home performance of last season against farsley Celtic. short memories that was due to a goalkeeper having an absolute stinker. Also true to form we won our last away game of last season absolutely outclassing Telford on their own patch.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 pm

I'd love us to sign a left-footed winger in the Richard Hodgson mould or a right-footed one who's comfortable going down the outside (like a Neil Heaney or Franz Burgmeier) as another option for when we're struggling to break down teams.

Players who are neither tricky nor pacy, don't like to hug the touchline/get chalk on their boots or haven't got a box of tricks to open need not apply though.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 am

Vokuhila wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 pm
right-footed one who's comfortable going down the outside (like a Neil Heaney
Neil Heaney was right footed? Genuinley always thought he was left footed.

I must admit I thought this was what Sousa and Rivers brought to us.

I understand Sousa was effectively marked out of the game by multiple BPA players though?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:54 am

Vokuhila wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 pm
I'd love us to sign a left-footed winger in the Richard Hodgson mould or a right-footed one who's comfortable going down the outside (like a Neil Heaney or Franz Burgmeier) as another option for when we're struggling to break down teams.

Players who are neither tricky nor pacy, don't like to hug the touchline/get chalk on their boots or haven't got a box of tricks to open need not apply though.
Surely not Hodgson. For me one of the most useless players ever to wear the shirt. Yes I can remember him scoring an absolute belter away at Oxford but otherwise a waste of space.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:49 am

I sort of remember Hodgson developing a cult following but thinking he was useless too.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:15 am

Seem to remember he looked exciting because he would run at players but often to nowhere or eventually into someone