Boost the budget 2021

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13307
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:14 am

Well I've received an e-mail from the club, like I'm sure a lot of you have had. The e-mail is copied below for those that haven't received it.

Last May, yourself and 707 other Boost The Budget investors raised a staggering £131,385 – £31,385 over target – allowing Alun to attract the likes of Erico Sousa, Nicky Hunt, Tony McMahon, Luke Charman and Dan Maguire to Blackwell Meadows, whilst retaining the likes of Will Hatfield, Joe Wheatley and Adam Campbell.

All at a time of huge uncertainty in the world. A massive thank you to everyone who contributed to that amazing total. Every penny counted and was appreciated, especially by Alun.

Unfortunately, due to both the Covid-19 pandemic and curtailing of our season, we have been unable to fulfil the vast majority of the Boost the Budget rewards that were made available to you last year.

The exciting news is that these rewards, based on your contribution from last season, will be rolled over into the 2021/22 season. We will be in contact with everyone who had already taken up a reward via email individually in the next few days.

We are also very excited to tell you that we will be launching Boost The Budget 2021/22 on Friday 30th April, so please look out for those details across our website, social media and via email.

Your contribution has been invaluable in this uniquely challenging season. We hope that you feel like you would want to contribute again for the coming season and to give Alun every chance of adding to what is already an excellent squad in his efforts to get us promoted to the National League.


Wonder what the target will be for BTB this year?

EDJOHNS
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:03 pm

I have to say, from the little I have seen, I do wish the KR fans had been as patient with the club as Darlo fans have been waiting for news like this.
Day after day, week after week, it has been "I am going to give up my pass. Sick of not been told anything"
Well done everyone who has waited quietly and not hassled the club for news before now..

Old Git
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Old Git » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm

I would like to think Ed that Darlo fans are a bit special. Having been through the turmoils of our recent history and the reformation of our club by the fans it has led to a particularly strong affinity between club and supporters. Lets just hope that continues to be the case going forward and we can attract new fans on board who understand what we are about.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 856
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm
and the reformation of our club by the fans
We are not some tin pot, irrelevant club with fans who would allow it to die.

We took over the club, we didn't reform it.
#Arenaherewecome

wizardofos
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:14 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by wizardofos » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:40 pm
Old Git wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm
and the reformation of our club by the fans
We took over the club, we didn't reform it.
It's amazing how often people have to be reminded of this.

Old Git
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Old Git » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:40 pm
Old Git wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm
and the reformation of our club by the fans
We are not some tin pot, irrelevant club with fans who would allow it to die.

We took over the club, we didn't reform it.
I meant reformation in the sense that we reformed the way the club was run. I fully understand that we are and always have been Darlington FC.

jjljks
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by jjljks » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 am

Old Git wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:58 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:40 pm
Old Git wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm
and the reformation of our club by the fans
We are not some tin pot, irrelevant club with fans who would allow it to die.

We took over the club, we didn't reform it.
I meant reformation in the sense that we reformed the way the club was run. I fully understand that we are and always have been Darlington FC.
& nothing to do with The Reform Club :thumbup:

Darlospike
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Sunny Darlo

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlospike » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:02 am

It’s now live!! Over 2k in already!! 👌

Darlo Since 68
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:42 am

Make that £15k

Darlo Since 68
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:01 am

Wow. £20k before lunchtime

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:06 am

Darlo Since 68 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:01 am
Wow. £20k before lunchtime
Just remarkable. :clap:

onewayup
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by onewayup » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:31 am

Figure set at 120k which is less than was raised last year so hopefully we can achieve that and more,

AndyPark
Posts: 11638
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by AndyPark » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:41 am

Just under 24k now in under 6 hours :clap: :clap:

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2243
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm

So typical of Darlo fans....superb.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


joejaques
Posts: 2905
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by joejaques » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:44 pm

£33, 582 now.Remrkable. :D :roll:
Image

LoidLucan
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:48 pm

Looks like absence really does make the heart grow fonder... and that bodes well for the future.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13307
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:31 pm

What is a realistic figure for btb this time round? I reckon £150k is achievable.

AndyPark
Posts: 11638
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 02, 2021 8:54 pm

Up to £44,382 now :clap: Well over a 1/3 in 2 days! Superb.

onewayup
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by onewayup » Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm

After today's news we are going to need every pound we can raise. It's dog eat dog at this level money speaks volumes for some players. That is the nature of the league.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13307
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Surely given the dire state of many clubs football finances, any BTB funds should go further than before? We can hopefully bring in some really good players for the upcoming season.

JE93
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by JE93 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Nice to see this tick up over £50,000 today. Well done all let's keep it going. Can we get over half way to our £120k target tomorrow?

joejaques
Posts: 2905
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by joejaques » Wed May 05, 2021 5:40 am

50K passed last night, currently stands at £50, 545. Onwards and upwards. :D :roll:
Image

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am

On the BBC Sport webpage there is an article about a "Fan Engagement Index" whereby all league clubs are rated in how they communicate and interact with their fans.

Exeter are top, and their fans raised £100K for them - less than us :D Meanwhile Salford sit in the bottom 6, meaning Mr Neville doesn't practice what he preaches!
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

EDJOHNS
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed May 05, 2021 9:11 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am
On the BBC Sport webpage there is an article about a "Fan Engagement Index" whereby all league clubs are rated in how they communicate and interact with their fans.

Exeter are top, and their fans raised £100K for them - less than us :D Meanwhile Salford sit in the bottom 6, meaning Mr Neville doesn't practice what he preaches!
No shock Exeter being top as they are also a fan owned club. The money needed at that level means they have to be open and clear.

onewayup
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by onewayup » Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 am

There is another three and a half weeks yet I think we will better last season's BTB .

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13170
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by divas » Wed May 05, 2021 1:29 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am
On the BBC Sport webpage there is an article about a "Fan Engagement Index" whereby all league clubs are rated in how they communicate and interact with their fans.

Exeter are top, and their fans raised £100K for them - less than us :D Meanwhile Salford sit in the bottom 6, meaning Mr Neville doesn't practice what he preaches!
Check out Exeter’s social media and you’ll see why

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed May 05, 2021 7:35 pm

onewayup wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 am
There is another three and a half weeks yet I think we will better last season's BTB .
it got off to a flying start last year then dried up before a late surge. maybe with 31st May being a bank holiday this year then it may pick up again

al_quaker
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 am

Good to see it's got off to such a good start. It wonder how it compares like for like with last year - not in terms of time, but in terms of people. Is it the the same people putting in the same (or even reduced) amount, just perhaps earlier in the cycle? Or are new people joining, or are people upping their contributions. I wonder where the limit of BtB is on our current crowds in the current division (although this year is probably complicated by Covid, which has decimated some bank balances and greatly enhanced others).

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by beatroute66 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:05 am

al_quaker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 am
Good to see it's got off to such a good start. It wonder how it compares like for like with last year - not in terms of time, but in terms of people. Is it the the same people putting in the same (or even reduced) amount, just perhaps earlier in the cycle? Or are new people joining, or are people upping their contributions. I wonder where the limit of BtB is on our current crowds in the current division (although this year is probably complicated by Covid, which has decimated some bank balances and greatly enhanced others).
85% or so of the current BTB investors are a mixture of new pledgers, 'increasers on last year' or 'same as last year' renewals, which is fantastic to see.

al_quaker
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 06, 2021 10:31 am

beatroute66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:05 am
al_quaker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 am
Good to see it's got off to such a good start. It wonder how it compares like for like with last year - not in terms of time, but in terms of people. Is it the the same people putting in the same (or even reduced) amount, just perhaps earlier in the cycle? Or are new people joining, or are people upping their contributions. I wonder where the limit of BtB is on our current crowds in the current division (although this year is probably complicated by Covid, which has decimated some bank balances and greatly enhanced others).
85% or so of the current BTB investors are a mixture of new pledgers, 'increasers on last year' or 'same as last year' renewals, which is fantastic to see.
Wow that's excellent :thumbup:

Post Reply