Boost the budget 2021

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by bga » Thu May 06, 2021 11:06 am

beatroute66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:05 am
al_quaker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 am
Good to see it's got off to such a good start. It wonder how it compares like for like with last year - not in terms of time, but in terms of people. Is it the the same people putting in the same (or even reduced) amount, just perhaps earlier in the cycle? Or are new people joining, or are people upping their contributions. I wonder where the limit of BtB is on our current crowds in the current division (although this year is probably complicated by Covid, which has decimated some bank balances and greatly enhanced others).
85% or so of the current BTB investors are a mixture of new pledgers, 'increasers on last year' or 'same as last year' renewals, which is fantastic to see.
Erm what are the other 15% then?

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2229
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu May 06, 2021 11:12 am

A gift from Raj, perhaps.

Lallacab
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Lallacab » Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am

bga wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:06 am
beatroute66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:05 am
al_quaker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 am
Good to see it's got off to such a good start. It wonder how it compares like for like with last year - not in terms of time, but in terms of people. Is it the the same people putting in the same (or even reduced) amount, just perhaps earlier in the cycle? Or are new people joining, or are people upping their contributions. I wonder where the limit of BtB is on our current crowds in the current division (although this year is probably complicated by Covid, which has decimated some bank balances and greatly enhanced others).
85% or so of the current BTB investors are a mixture of new pledgers, 'increasers on last year' or 'same as last year' renewals, which is fantastic to see.
Erm what are the other 15% then?

I’m guessing reduction on last year ?

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by beatroute66 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:19 pm

Lallacab wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am
I’m guessing reduction on last year ?
Yes. And understandably so given the last 12 months for some.

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by beatroute66 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 pm

As we said in the launch email:

"In these ongoing difficult times, we know that making a financial commitment to the Club may not be possible. It’s important we all ensure that we’re in a position to look after ourselves and our families first and foremost. However, if you are fortunate enough to be in a position to invest for the coming season, it would help Alun and the Club massively."

...and every single word of that is true.

JE93
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by JE93 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:53 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:05 am
al_quaker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 am
Good to see it's got off to such a good start. It wonder how it compares like for like with last year - not in terms of time, but in terms of people. Is it the the same people putting in the same (or even reduced) amount, just perhaps earlier in the cycle? Or are new people joining, or are people upping their contributions. I wonder where the limit of BtB is on our current crowds in the current division (although this year is probably complicated by Covid, which has decimated some bank balances and greatly enhanced others).
85% or so of the current BTB investors are a mixture of new pledgers, 'increasers on last year' or 'same as last year' renewals, which is fantastic to see.
Great stuff cheers for sharing.

Have renewed my contribution and up'd it slightly from last year. Credit to those involved in the scheme from a technology side its a great platform and very easy to use.

Hopefully we can keep the total creeping up helped by a a bit of contract renewal news etc, im sure securing Sousa's signature would give it a little bounce. Perhaps a 50/50 draw or two with the clubs side being put into the BtB would be a good way to keep it ticking up too. Already at a solid amount in c.£55,000. Think we'll definitely need to get it up above 100k to help make us competitive.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2243
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:58 pm

beatroute66 wrote:As we said in the launch email:

"In these ongoing difficult times, we know that making a financial commitment to the Club may not be possible. It’s important we all ensure that we’re in a position to look after ourselves and our families first and foremost. However, if you are fortunate enough to be in a position to invest for the coming season, it would help Alun and the Club massively."

...and every single word of that is true.
ThisImageImage

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


onewayup
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by onewayup » Thu May 06, 2021 3:52 pm

I am investing in Darlington FC,s B. T. B. a little more than last 3 years. We as fans have to pay for what we what .
Remember 2012 when we all thought that it was over how down we all were .I never want to be in that state of mind ever again. That is why I will keep on putting into BTB every year. You can do the same no matter how small your donation to BTB .

AndyPark
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 07, 2021 1:37 pm

I’ll do mine towards end of the month, which I’m sure many others will do too.

joejaques
Posts: 2905
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by joejaques » Mon May 10, 2021 8:36 am

Over half way now lads. 60K passed this morning. Outstanding, as usual. :D :roll:
Image

JE93
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by JE93 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am

joejaques wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:36 am
Over half way now lads. 60K passed this morning. Outstanding, as usual. :D :roll:
Great to get past the halfway mark, surely deserving of news that Sousa, Rivers, Hedley et al have signed contract extensions. Come on Darlo make the announcement.

jjljks
Posts: 2237
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by jjljks » Mon May 10, 2021 1:58 pm

Had not appreciated the various rewards & the rolling over of goodies from last season. Well done, people! Now I have chipped in, I'd like to see AA crack on and sign a few new Darlo legends in the making. Roll on August & seeing some real football at BM !

AndyPark
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 10, 2021 3:06 pm

https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupport ... dget-21-22

Here's the link for those who like to keep track of it & those who've not contributed yet (if they can) :D

joejaques
Posts: 2905
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by joejaques » Tue May 18, 2021 1:20 pm

Bump.

£70k now reached, keep it going chaps (and chapesses). :D :roll:
Image

JE93
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by JE93 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:50 pm

Good to see it tick up another £1,500 or so already today.

Anyone want to chuck in the £495 needed to get us to £72,000 and 60% of total target. 59% just looks so untidy :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13307
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 19, 2021 7:31 am

It seems to be going really well. Well over 50% of the target has already been raised. My financial position is a bit better this year, so I will be putting in a bit more than last year.

onewayup
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by onewayup » Wed May 19, 2021 2:41 pm

I have today donated to BTB, let's get this over the line before the last day of the month. :thumbup: every one can help no matter how much, it will help alun with recruitment of quality players.
Football for the fans
financed by the fans,
Fans dictate how far we go as a club. :thumbup:

Old Git
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Old Git » Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Just wondering if there is a problem with Boost the Budget as nothing has been recorded today. Yesterday there was quite a bit of activity and it seems a bit strange that it should completely dry up. Hope there is going to be a big push over the weekend.

real_darlo_85
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:24 pm

It's also worth considering that sadly over the past few months we have lost some fairly prominent supporters and we won't know whether they put a significant amount into the BtB if they did. :(

Unfortunately, my personal circumstances and finanacial priorites have got a lot tighter compared to this time last year so I am very much having to leave it until the last few days to decide if I can contribute and I'm sure there will be a few others in this position too.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

lo36789
Posts: 9401
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:14 am

Old Git wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 pm
Just wondering if there is a problem with Boost the Budget as nothing has been recorded today. Yesterday there was quite a bit of activity and it seems a bit strange that it should completely dry up. Hope there is going to be a big push over the weekend.
Suspect we are in our dry patch before pay day now. It always happened in previous years.

We need news / signings to boost it further before the final surge.

Old Git
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Old Git » Fri May 21, 2021 9:18 am

lo36789 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:14 am
Old Git wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 pm
Just wondering if there is a problem with Boost the Budget as nothing has been recorded today. Yesterday there was quite a bit of activity and it seems a bit strange that it should completely dry up. Hope there is going to be a big push over the weekend.
Suspect we are in our dry patch before pay day now. It always happened in previous years.

We need news / signings to boost it further before the final surge.
Yes I am sure you are correct and it will pick up towards next weekend. Personally I think if we could hit 100k it would be a great effort. AA may have to scale back his signings a little but it is all part of being a fan owned club and the financial resources we can muster.

poppyfield
Posts: 1809
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by poppyfield » Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 pm

£652 has been put in today
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Emdubya
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Emdubya » Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 pm
£652 has been put in today
Make that £1500.
If we can go on last year’s contributions there are around 350 still to commit.Hopefully most will be able to take part and get us up to the target.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm
poppyfield wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 pm
£652 has been put in today
Make that £1500.
If we can go on last year’s contributions there are around 350 still to commit.Hopefully most will be able to take part and get us up to the target.
I have not put in yet. I am sure I am not the only 1 who is waiting for the last minute.
I would actually have preferred longer as I intend to use some income from a couple of static vans I have and am worried about another lockdown, which, after making nothing last year and having to find my ground rents for this year myself, would hit hard if I wind up not having them let out this year as well.
I would think many people have similar worries if not exactly the same.

Struth! Ted is Ed
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Behind you

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:41 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm
poppyfield wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 pm
£652 has been put in today
Make that £1500.
If we can go on last year’s contributions there are around 350 still to commit.Hopefully most will be able to take part and get us up to the target.
I will not put anything in as I have fuck all and like to pretend I am not ted forster when everyone knows I am sure I ain't got a pot to piss in but will pretend I'm minted.
I would actually have preferred longer as I intend to use some income from a couple of imaginary static brothels I don't have and am worried about another lockdown affecting my dogging lifestyle which, after making nothing last year from onlyfans and having to find my ground rents for this year myself as ma bitches got deported would hit hard if I wind up not having them let out this year as well.
I would think many people have similar worries if not exactly the same. Big pete ma pimp stole my Hull KR pyjamas. Anyone else had this happen?
Cor struth!
What a pile of poo!

Back on the burger vans are we Ted Forster?


Just think it's just over 10 years since you couldn't afford the bus fare to Wembley, so resorted to faking your death.
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13307
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Great to see that the BTB has passed £80k. Given the usual late rush, I'm certain we can pass the £120k target. :thumbup:

Old Git
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Old Git » Sat May 22, 2021 8:14 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 pm
Great to see that the BTB has passed £80k. Given the usual late rush, I'm certain we can pass the £120k target. :thumbup:
Really hope you are right Pete but not so sure.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 25, 2021 11:22 am

£36,000 in six days to hit the target... it's a big challenge.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13307
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 pm

But not insurmountable. Given the long Bank Holiday weekend, I'd expect to see a significant rise in contributions from Friday evening & throughout the weekend.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2229
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget 2021

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm

If we can get to about 90k before the last 3 day rush then we should top 110k. That for me would be great this year. Any more would be a bonus.

Post Reply