To the good people of Hartlepool . . .

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Henley
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Henley » Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

. . . my battles with you are over.

We are now just one big happy North-East Tory Family 😊

Ghost_Of_1883

Re: To the good people of Hartlepool . . .

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 am

Henley wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

The best bit is always leftie reactions on twitter, gonna get my popcorn out and have a sit down for half an hour.

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri May 07, 2021 9:51 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 am
The best bit is always leftie reactions on twitter, gonna get my popcorn out and have a sit down for half an hour.
As Dave said, “Britain and Twitter are not the same thing”.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 07, 2021 11:17 am

Henley wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:51 am
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
If Twitter was to be believed, Corbyn would now be PM, we would have had a second referendum (as we didn't know what we were voting for first time apparently) and we would be fully fledged EU members still.
However, the majority who voted must thick / uneducated / racist / nasty according to the #BeKind lefties.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri May 07, 2021 11:20 am

The off topic room is awaiting you.....

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 07, 2021 11:51 am

Let's put this back on topic. I'm concerned that Hartlepool may get promoted this season.....discuss

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri May 07, 2021 11:54 am

loan_star wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:17 am

If Twitter was to be believed, Corbyn would now be PM, we would have had a second referendum (as we didn't know what we were voting for first time apparently) and we would be fully fledged EU members still.
However, the majority who voted must thick / uneducated / racist / nasty according to the #BeKind lefties.
As an aside, the inflatable Boris that was put up outside the electoral count venue was top-class sh!thousery :lol:

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri May 07, 2021 11:55 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:51 am
Let's put this back on topic. I'm concerned that Hartlepool may get promoted this season.....discuss
I don’t care if they do now 😇

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Fri May 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Henley wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:55 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:51 am
I don’t care if they do now 😇
Bit weird. How on earth your political allegiance allows you to soften your stance on such a woeful football club, ran by a man who nearly destroyed this club, is confusing to me.

As ever, I wish nothing but financial ruin and abject misery on that football club.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Bit weird. How on earth your political allegiance allows you to soften your stance on such a woeful football club, ran by a man who nearly destroyed this club, is confusing to me.

As ever, I wish nothing but financial ruin and abject misery on that football club.
Let me be whimsical!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Henley wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

Bootlickers of the world unite, begging for crumbs from the elite :lol: :lol: :lol: Sad!

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Problem with Labour supporters, as you've just proven there, is they can't talk politics without being incredulous at non Labour voters.

That's why more and more people turn their back on Labour.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:51 pm
Problem with Labour supporters, as you've just proven there, is they can't talk politics without being incredulous at non Labour voters.

That's why more and more people turn their back on Labour.
'the best bit is the reaction'

Well, I gave you one, and now you're scrambling about for a moral high ground? Isn't that being a bit of a 'snowflake'? :lol:

Personally, I vote to make where I live, my town, and my country a better place and back who I believe will seek to do that. In my adult life, I have voted for different parties (certainly not just Labour) who I felt would do that. While I might have disagreed with the Conservative party before 2016 and their economic approaches to solving problems, I could at least recognise and respect a different approach to my own, and that while I didn't agree with that approach, there was at least some degree of striving for a common future and making the country better for everyone. I have never, and I mean *never*, voted out of spite, grievance, or apparently, to simply 'troll' those you have decided you don't like, which is what you are admitting to. Small-minded, petty populism against an imaginary elite who hold no power, while licking the boots of those that do. Apparently, the folks of my hometown and surrounding areas think that despite 11 years of power, it's all someone else's fault, not those who are in power. I think it's a hell of a shame, but there's little I can do. I can't vote there anymore. I just think your post and the one earlier is very telling about some peoples attitudes lately. It's not about making things better in your own way. It's about spite, vindictiveness, and getting one over on people you don't like. As I said in my earlier, semi-serious post - Sad!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm

It’s an interesting strategy.

Calling voters thick and “boot-lickers” (a generic and meaningless insult) because they vote a different way to you.

Can’t see it being successful mind. Listening to them might have more effect. But then that would force the Left to consider differing viewpoints outside of its own social media bubble.

Much better to pontificate about your own moral superiority while stuck in permanent opposition.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:33 pm

H1987 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Well, I gave you one, and now you're scrambling about for a moral high ground? Isn't that being a bit of a 'snowflake'? :lol:
Moral high ground? I don't claim that. I just find it funny, and pathetic, the reaction of lefties on social media when they lose. It used to annoy me, but now I just laugh at it.
Personally, I vote to make where I live, my town, and my country a better place and back who I believe will seek to do that. In my adult life, I have voted for different parties (certainly not just Labour) who I felt would do that. While I might have disagreed with the Conservative party before 2016 and their economic approaches to solving problems, I could at least recognise and respect a different approach to my own, and that while I didn't agree with that approach, there was at least some degree of striving for a common future and making the country better for everyone. I have never, and I mean *never*, voted out of spite, grievance, or apparently, to simply 'troll' those you have decided you don't like, which is what you are admitting to.
I'm admitting to fuck all.
Small-minded, petty populism against an imaginary elite who hold no power, while licking the boots of those that do. Apparently, the folks of my hometown and surrounding areas think that despite 11 years of power, it's all someone else's fault, not those who are in power. I think it's a hell of a shame, but there's little I can do. I can't vote there anymore. I just think your post and the one earlier is very telling about some peoples attitudes lately. It's not about making things better in your own way. It's about spite, vindictiveness, and getting one over on people you don't like. As I said in my earlier, semi-serious post - Sad!
Spite and vindictiveness doesn't coming from right leaning people. I only see it, and plenty of it, from the left.

You need to learn the difference between spitefulness/vindictiveness, and laughing at someone.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:35 pm

loan_star wrote:
Henley wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

It amazes me that SOME Labour supporters seem to think insulting the voters is going to encourage them to vote Labour.

They need to court voters, not alienate them

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 pm

spen666 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:35 pm
loan_star wrote:
Henley wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

It amazes me that SOME Labour supporters seem to think insulting the voters is going to encourage them to vote Labour.

They need to court voters, not alienate them
Nail on the head Spen!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 07, 2021 4:26 pm

There are elements of the left who really need to understand that insulting those who you need to vote for the Labour party is not an obvious route to winning power. Some on the left need to spend less time fighting each other and more time engaging with voters across the country, but unfortunately it seems some prefer ideological purity over actual power.

It will be an interesting few years for Labour, faced with a Tory party which is evolving, and the impact of Brexit on british politics. Labour needs to learn how to re-engage with towns like Hartlepool - winning a general election is hard enough for Labour with the rise of the SNP in Scotland, but it would be impossible if it becomes (continues becoming?) the party purely of the big cities.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:38 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm

Calling voters thick and “boot-lickers” (a generic and meaningless insult) because they vote a different way to you.

Can’t see it being successful mind. Listening to them might have more effect. But then that would force the Left to consider differing viewpoints outside of its own social media bubble.

Much better to pontificate about your own moral superiority while stuck in permanent opposition.
You used thick, not me. You can read some of the points and try to understand them, but what's the point? As always you’ll be happy screaming into the void instead. As we all know on here, you're only happy when you're having an argument anyway. Enjoy your Friday night, boomer.
Last edited by H1987 on Fri May 07, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:50 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:26 pm
There are elements of the left who really need to understand that insulting those who you need to vote for the Labour party is not an obvious route to winning power. Some on the left need to spend less time fighting each other and more time engaging with voters across the country, but unfortunately it seems some prefer ideological purity over actual power.

It will be an interesting few years for Labour, faced with a Tory party which is evolving, and the impact of Brexit on british politics. Labour needs to learn how to re-engage with towns like Hartlepool - winning a general election is hard enough for Labour with the rise of the SNP in Scotland, but it would be impossible if it becomes (continues becoming?) the party purely of the big cities.
They’re in a tight spot because the Tories are flinging around money left, right and centre at the moment and the vaccine rollout has objectively gone well. There’s also the inherent contradiction that the fringe of the left (recently in charge of the party of course) has generally embraced the kind of liberal social values and causes which are anathema to ordinary working class voters. Britain, particularly in small northern towns, is socially conservative, although generally economically more aligned to Labour. In the past this wasn’t a problem, but as these sorts of values have become more commonplace and embraced by the party, it becomes perceived as elite (even if that’s not really the case). Who cares about Jeremy Corbyn and his supporters love in with, for example, Palestine or trans rights. At most these are fringe issues and for most in towns like Darlington, they are uncomfortable topics. That’s also not to understate the shifting demographics of towns like Darlington and Hartlepool that have shifted older as many kids move to bigger cities for work. The fault lines in modern politics right now are increasingly drawn on generational politics too.

There’s no easy answers, but also, both the sudden burst of spending and the vaccine bounce won’t last forever. People will tire of corruption scandals also, and this government stinks of them. Starmer had done some valuable work at least by positioning himself as sensible and not as a continuation of Corbyn, but he needs to offer a positive vision and become more prominent.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:33 pm
H1987 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Moral high ground? I don't claim that. I just find it funny, and pathetic, the reaction of lefties on social media when they lose. It used to annoy me, but now I just laugh at it.
Personally, I vote to make where I live, my town, and my country a better place and back who I believe will seek to do that. In my adult life, I have voted for different parties (certainly not just Labour) who I felt would do that. While I might have disagreed with the Conservative party before 2016 and their economic approaches to solving problems, I could at least recognise and respect a different approach to my own, and that while I didn't agree with that approach, there was at least some degree of striving for a common future and making the country better for everyone. I have never, and I mean *never*, voted out of spite, grievance, or apparently, to simply 'troll' those you have decided you don't like, which is what you are admitting to.
I'm admitting to fuck all.
Small-minded, petty populism against an imaginary elite who hold no power, while licking the boots of those that do. Apparently, the folks of my hometown and surrounding areas think that despite 11 years of power, it's all someone else's fault, not those who are in power. I think it's a hell of a shame, but there's little I can do. I can't vote there anymore. I just think your post and the one earlier is very telling about some peoples attitudes lately. It's not about making things better in your own way. It's about spite, vindictiveness, and getting one over on people you don't like. As I said in my earlier, semi-serious post - Sad!
Spite and vindictiveness doesn't coming from right leaning people. I only see it, and plenty of it, from the left.

You need to learn the difference between spitefulness/vindictiveness, and laughing at someone.
‘I just laugh at it by being offended someone did the same thing I did’

Ok :lol:

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:22 pm

H1987 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:52 pm
‘I just laugh at it by being offended someone did the same thing I did’

Ok :lol:
But I'm not offended. Laughing at people having unsavoury reactions to things, does not imply offence on my part.

Big difference here also, is lots of lefties make fun of others who do not vote or think like they do. They can be nasty, demeaning, incredulous, not much room for proper debate or understanding there.

Me personally, I couldn't give a toss if you or anyone else votes Labour, that's your/their choice and right.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 07, 2021 5:26 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm

You used thick, not me. You can read some of the points and try to understand them, but what's the point? As always you’ll be happy screaming into the void instead. As we all know on here, you're only happy when you're having an argument anyway. Enjoy your Friday night, boomer.
I think you’ll find you did use the word thick.
From the General Election 2019 thread, from your good self:

“Lets be blunt. If you vote for a party led by Boris Johnson, you're thick.” (viewtopic.php?t=37921)

So you have form and it’s pretty clear what you think of non-Labour voters.

And you’ve proven my point perfectly.

You’ve gone for namecalling and personal attacks instead of trying to engage. It’s the modus operandi of the modern day left, because you’re too scared to acknowledge alternative viewpoints.

Once you’ve finished with your little tantrum, you might want to grow up and join the real world.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm

This is very off topic forum...

Ultimately the public are not to blame.

I wouldn't say I lean to the left I pitch up firmly on that side.

Labour don't seem to have learnt anything from Brexit at all, you need to convince people as to why what you are offering is actually better for people, will make them more prosperous, will make their lives better - not just why you don't like the other side "it's better than rubbish" is really not inspirational.

Must do better. Must offer something that appeals. Even then I am not even sure that is enough, unless the SNP loosen their grip on Scotland I struggle to see a Labour majority materialising.

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri May 07, 2021 6:33 pm

The “Never Kissed a Tory” paraphernalia says everything you need to know about the looney lefties in the Labour Party/Momentum.

Funnily enough, I’ve never come across such people in the real world. Only on social media, where they tweet all day and they all look like the losers you’d find in Antifa:

https://twitter.com/cloydrivers/status/ ... 67808?s=21

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri May 07, 2021 6:46 pm

Whilst Boris, Ben H & Gibbo are celebrating, can someone get them to build us a ground in town? There is a massive hole at the Commercial St and ring road. Double it with underground car park like Monaco or a new bus station and revitalise the town at a stroke, plus do some corporate boxes for the Treasury exiles, keerrching!!!