Local'ish clubs released lists

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Local'ish clubs released lists

Post by Old Git » Sun May 23, 2021 1:12 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:50 pm
I wonder if Lexus will be a Rolls Royce of a defender?
At 6 ft 3ins he is certainly not a Mini.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun May 23, 2021 3:27 pm

The Japanese Mercedes of non-league centre backs.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed May 26, 2021 7:30 pm

Pattison signs for Harrogate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Thu May 27, 2021 11:00 am

Old Git wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:12 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:50 pm
I wonder if Lexus will be a Rolls Royce of a defender?
At 6 ft 3ins he is certainly not a Mini.
I just hope we can aFORD him|

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri May 28, 2021 9:13 am

Tyrone O’Neil released - https://t.co/MKCD62g5Ui

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri May 28, 2021 9:48 am

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:13 am
Tyrone O’Neil released - https://t.co/MKCD62g5Ui
Would have him back in a heartbeat, although his second spell was not as good as his first, more to do with chopping and changing IMO, expect him to move higher up the league’s, still you never know.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:19 am

Callum Morris released by Ross County. 31 year old centre half from Newcastle and played for Blyth at some point.

Owen Gallacher also released from Burton Albion. 22 year old left-back/left-winger also from Newcastle.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:01 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Callum Morris released by Ross County. 31 year old centre half from Newcastle and played for Blyth at some point.

Owen Gallacher also released from Burton Albion. 22 year old left-back/left-winger also from Newcastle.
Callum Morris looks a very good shout.Big lad who has played at a very good level in Scotland.With the signing of Joey Hope not so sure about Gallacher though.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:18 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:01 am
Darlofan97 wrote:Callum Morris released by Ross County. 31 year old centre half from Newcastle and played for Blyth at some point.

Callum Morris looks a very good shout.Big lad who has played at a very good level in Scotland.With the signing of Joey Hope not so sure about Gallacher though.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
I don’t think Hope will be first choice left-back. I think we are still in the market for a more senior player for that role. I can imagine Hope will pick up minutes though, similar to how Jordan Watson did last season and the season before.

Darlogramps

Local'ish clubs released lists

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 31, 2021 11:22 am

Yeah I’d be amazed if Hope was first choice. He’s 18 with a limited amount of senior appearances.

Even by AA’s own admission, he hasn’t seen that much of him.

Think he’s one we’ll aim to develop with him gradually getting more and more matches under his belt.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:50 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:22 am
Yeah I’d be amazed if Hope was first choice. He’s 18 with a limited amount of senior appearances.

Think he’s one we’ll aim to develop with him gradually getting more and more matches under his belt.
Yes, and he is likely to be a cheap option too with him being local and released by Grimsby’s youth set-up.

George Smith’s name was mentioned in NESN a couple of weeks ago as a potential left-back, but that one seems to have gone quiet.

Dan Jones could also be an alternative (released by Salford), but I suspect he will end up back at Pools or, at the very least, stay full-time with York or Gateshead.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon May 31, 2021 3:24 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:22 am

Yes, and he is likely to be a cheap option too with him being local and released by Grimsby’s youth set-up.

George Smith’s name was mentioned in NESN a couple of weeks ago as a potential left-back, but that one seems to have gone quiet.

Dan Jones could also be an alternative (released by Salford), but I suspect he will end up back at Pools or, at the very least, stay full-time with York or Gateshead.
Jones is probably a long shot but worth a go. Agree with Gramps. By the sound of hope, he likes to get forward so he might even get a chance to play more advanced

ReeceStyche’sManbun

Post by ReeceStyche’sManbun » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:30 pm

Newcastle have announced who’s leaving their academy:

Owen Bailey, Oliver Walters, Tom Midgley, Jude Swailes, Yannick Touré, Oliver Marshall, Ludwig Francillette, Florent Indalecio, Kyle Scott, George Rounsfell, Lucas Gamblin, Josh Gilchrist, Lewis Brannen, Josh Harrison and Tai Ebanks

No idea about any of them apart from Toure and Bailey who Newcastle fans did rate quite highly, don’t know if any of them would head our way

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:19 pm

Must admit I enjoyed watching Scott and Bailey😀

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:16 pm

I'd rule out any that aren't at least native to the north of England, can't see them being tied to the region to sign for us.

Wijnhard's_Schlong

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:38 pm

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sourc ... ish-sides/

Not a surprise if there's any truth in this article. Deserves a shot at full time after his exploits first time around with us.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:42 pm

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:40 pm

Jamie Spencer would be interesting. Surprised he is released by Spennymoor.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Jamie Spencer would be a good signing, as would Ben McKenna. Both, I should imagine, may return to their more regional routes but I wouldn't be surprised if we have offered contracts to both.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:51 pm

Wijnhard's_Schlong wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:38 pm
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sourc ... ish-sides/

Not a surprise if there's any truth in this article. Deserves a shot at full time after his exploits first time around with us.
As you say still young enough to deserve his tilt at full time football and certainly plenty of talent there. Could be a perfect replacement for Jon Stead at Harrogate who hung up his boots at the end of the season. I doubt we would ever be his only offer, but I do hope we've tabled one.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm
Jamie Spencer would be a good signing, as would Ben McKenna. Both, I should imagine, may return to their more regional routes but I wouldn't be surprised if we have offered contracts to both.
A few surprising names on that list Spencer, McKenna and Forbes the foremost of them.

I'd expect Spencer might end up back in Yorkshire at one of Farsley, Guiseley or Bradford PA.

McKenna is an interesting one, all his previous clubs are over Lancashire way, wonder if the traveling got a little much for him, might be on Chester's radar having lost Brad Jackson to Altrincham.

Tyler Forbes always seemed more of a RWB than a RB whenever I saw him (ie better going forwards than towards his own goal) so slightly limited to teams that play thar system more often that not to get the best out of him but imagine he will have plenty of suitors at this level.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:12 pm

JE93 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:59 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm
A few surprising names on that list Spencer, McKenna and Forbes the foremost of them.

I'd expect Spencer might end up back in Yorkshire at one of Farsley, Guiseley or Bradford PA.

McKenna is an interesting one, all his previous clubs are over Lancashire way, wonder if the traveling got a little much for him, might be on Chester's radar having lost Brad Jackson to Altrincham.
Tyler Forbes always seemed more of a RWB than a RB whenever I saw him (ie better going forwards than towards his own goal) so slightly limited to teams that play thar system more often that not to get the best out of him but imagine he will have plenty of suitors at this level.
You may be correct about Spencer but I would be disappointed if we could not at least compete with Farsley Guiseley and Bradford PA for his signature. If he was prepared to travel to Spennymoor he surely should be ok about the journey to Darlington.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:55 pm

Any central midfielder (like Spencer) signing for us faces a real battle in trying to dislodge the Wheatley-Hatfield pairing. They may have to wait for injury or suspension.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:17 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Any central midfielder (like Spencer) signing for us faces a real battle in trying to dislodge the Wheatley-Hatfield pairing. They may have to wait for injury or suspension.
Any new centre-mid signed will pick up plenty of minutes across the season. They would not need to wait for injuries & suspensions to Wheatley & Hatfield as those two will need to be rested across the season.

This is also aside from the fact that Alun sometimes goes with 3 in the middle.

We need to sign another two centre mids.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:17 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Any new centre-mid signed will pick up plenty of minutes across the season. They would not need to wait for injuries & suspensions to Wheatley & Hatfield as those two will need to be rested across the season.

This is also aside from the fact that Alun sometimes goes with 3 in the middle.

We need to sign another two centre mids.
Of course we do. No manager could possibly contemplate not having cover/competition for places in the team. Spencer could offer something different to what we already have if he played in an attacking role with Hatfield and Wheatley a little deeper. For all I like both Hatfield and Wheatley at times we have looked a little short of numbers in midfield so we definitely need some more options.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:42 pm

I don't recall saying we shouldn't sign any midfielders. As regards Spencer, I wonder whether the travelling up was becoming a pain for him. He's a civil engineer on the highways and has spoken previously of the difficulties of juggling things.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:42 pm
I don't recall saying we shouldn't sign any midfielders. As regards Spencer, I wonder whether the travelling up was becoming a pain for him. He's a civil engineer on the highways and has spoken previously of the difficulties of juggling things.
Of course - I know you didn't. My point was just that any additional new signing(s) in that area won't struggle to get minutes.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:19 am

Just seen an insight into some of the complications you can get when trying to sign players. Jordan Thewlis (22 goals in 53 games for Boston) has just signed for Guiseley. He says he refused a one-year deal at Boston because he renovates houses and he needs at least a two-year deal to be able to get mortgages. He says he was also looking for a club that would play him more down the middle... talk about demanding!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:57 pm

I see Luke Molyneux has been left out of Pools squad for the play off game. Wonder whether we’ll be sniffing around for him. I’m sure AA is keeping tabs on the pools released list

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:36 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:57 pm
I see Luke Molyneux has been left out of Pools squad for the play off game. Wonder whether we’ll be sniffing around for him. I’m sure AA is keeping tabs on the pools released list

Sadly Armstrong Junior on the mark again for Poolie so I don’t see him coming our way if he is released by Salford . Has surely done enough to be offered something full time by them.