Wembley 96

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_lad
Team Supported: Darlington

Wembley 96

Post by Darlo_lad » Tue May 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Disappointed the Northern echo didn't do a piece on the 96 playoff final 25 years ago today like where are the team now etc. I know we got beat but it was still an achievement to get there especially the way the season started. What are everyone's memories of the day or the season?

Performance of the season: beating promotion rivals Bury 4-0 at feethams

Memories of wembley: getting off the train thinking how good it looked from a distance then being in it and realising it was falling apart 😳

D_F_C

Re: Wembley 96

Post by D_F_C » Wed May 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Darlo_lad wrote:Disappointed the Northern echo didn't do a piece on the 96 playoff final 25 years ago today like where are the team now etc. I know we got beat but it was still an achievement to get there especially the way the season started. What are everyone's memories of the day or the season?

Performance of the season: beating promotion rivals Bury 4-0 at feethams

Memories of wembley: getting off the train thinking how good it looked from a distance then being in it and realising it was falling apart Image
I’ve seen plenty of pieces about it but not by the echo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed May 26, 2021 12:33 pm

The Northern Echo’s coverage of sport is a pale shadow of what it used to be. Poor coverage of the Quakers and what is printed just seems to be lifted from the official website.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 26, 2021 1:46 pm

Stod's website NESN is the place to be now.