BTB2

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

norwich darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

BTB2

Post by norwich darlo » Sat May 29, 2021 8:40 am

Once again this season our fans have shown their metal, but I wonder if we could improve btb even more. once we have met and smashed the target set by the club any extra cash ie from late subscribers or fans who wanted to boost btb2 could be used to help retain the players we want To keep after their contracts have lapsed.
This season we are hoping to re-sign Sousa. if we had a war chest set aside for this it might just help players to re-sign. next season no doubt we will be pushing for Will and joe to stay a Btb2 might just help.

Old Git

Re: BTB2

Post by Old Git » Sat May 29, 2021 10:42 am

norwich darlo wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:40 am
Once again this season our fans have shown their metal, but I wonder if we could improve btb even more. once we have met and smashed the target set by the club any extra cash ie from late subscribers or fans who wanted to boost btb2 could be used to help retain the players we want To keep after their contracts have lapsed.
This season we are hoping to re-sign Sousa. if we had a war chest set aside for this it might just help players to re-sign. next season no doubt we will be pushing for Will and joe to stay a Btb2 might just help.
I think the current format works well and you would be in danger of diluting the impact of it. With a player like Sousa I think it is more about the attraction of full time football than just the amount of money on offer. I would like to keep him but it has to be within a realistic wage structure.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat May 29, 2021 10:55 am

I’d be more inclined to have an ongoing ‘buy a stadium’ totaliser. We’d only need 400 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat May 29, 2021 11:54 am

D_F_C wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:55 am
I’d be more inclined to have an ongoing ‘buy a stadium’ totaliser. We’d only need 400 years

[/quote

Judging by DJs latest interview it seems relations with the new DRFC board are vastly improved and maybe any thoughts of moving are on the back burner. A completely new stadium may not be required if we can continue to upgrade Blackwell Meadows as and when required.
Any one who doubted Wilkinson was a major stumbling block to progress needs to think again. Hopefully a new era in the relationship which will benefit both parties.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:54 am
D_F_C wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:55 am

[/quote

Judging by DJs latest interview it seems relations with the new DRFC board are vastly improved and maybe any thoughts of moving are on the back burner. A completely new stadium may not be required if we can continue to upgrade Blackwell Meadows as and when required.
Any one who doubted Wilkinson was a major stumbling block to progress needs to think again. Hopefully a new era in the relationship which will benefit both parties.
Hope not.
I simply do not see how we can get BM up to league standard.
I know that may be a long time off BUT, it is possible in a 2 year span and anyway surly has to be the objective or what is the point? We may as well have stayed in the Northern league if we do not want to get all the way back.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat May 29, 2021 1:16 pm

It would take a lot of money and effort to get Blackwell Meadows up to FL standard. Radical solutions would be needed eg moving the pitch to negate the water pipe issue or demolishing the existing clubhouse but at least we may be able to have a sensible discussion with the Rugby Club if the need arises. I have always thought that the actual location of BM is a decent one.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sat May 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Why rush to get a FL stadium when we're a national league North side. We won't be knocking on league 2's door anytime soon . Blackwell meadows does have its issues and for the crowds we get is just about for for purposes... Lets face it how many times do we get 2k or above

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat May 29, 2021 4:13 pm

Around 183 less donations at the min than last years 700+ ,and still at 107,000 with still 2 days to go, after such a difficult year for everyone that says an awful lot about Darlington fan ownership,
They are just tremendously generous people. :thumbup:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat May 29, 2021 4:36 pm

My concern isn’t too much in regard to the football league but more in ‘money making’ terms. We can’t make the money we need as we don’t own our own stadium. Could also do with a 4g pitch next to it to make some extra revenue

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:16 pm
It would take a lot of money and effort to get Blackwell Meadows up to FL standard. Radical solutions would be needed eg moving the pitch to negate the water pipe issue or demolishing the existing clubhouse but at least we may be able to have a sensible discussion with the Rugby Club if the need arises. I have always thought that the actual location of BM is a decent one.
I agree the location is actually good. Sadly it is all the rest that is wrong.

solarcatfour

Post by solarcatfour » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 pm

i had similar concern in my mind