Heritage Park Nights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Heritage Park Nights

Post by Old Git » Mon May 31, 2021 9:17 am

Just rewatched the 2015 playoff semifinal against Spennymoor. Proper game of football with both teams getting stuck in 5 goals and loads of drama and of course the right result. What a great centre forward Graeme Armstrong was at that time. A real tower of strength and not too slow either seeing the winning goal again.
Great memories. I always really enjoyed those games under the floodlights at HP. Somehow there always seemed to be a cracking atmosphere when we were attacking the covered end in the second half. To be honest not quite the same at BM for me but here’s hoping for another cracking playoff at BM next season to prove me wrong.

H1987

Re: Heritage Park Nights

Post by H1987 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:22 am

It did feel a bit more enclosed and closer to the field. I do think it helped we were winning all the time there as well though.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 31, 2021 10:18 am

It was an interesting little chapter in the story of Darlo. I can't find a position at B.M that gives me a view as good as the one I had at H. Park.

Mind you the seats we had at Feethams, two thirds the way up in the new stand somewhere about midway, were unbeatable for enjoying football.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon May 31, 2021 3:42 pm

I remember the first Northern League game there "away" to Bishop and what struck me most was that it actually felt like the crowd was there, something that had long since been lost at the Arena with 1,700 fans swept away in a sea of empty sun bleached pink seats.

Great days, some great occasions and great memories and after everything that's happened in the last 14 months it will be a thing of beauty to able to complain about the matchday experience at BM again.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly