Boost the Budget Raffle

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCSG_Secretary
Team Supported: Darlington

Boost the Budget Raffle

Post by DFCSG_Secretary » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:34 pm

I'd like to draw your attention to the 'Boost the Budget' raffle recently launched by DFCSG. The relevance to the Uncovered fraternity is that the first prize was donated by Paul Tate - a huge contributor to the message board under the name of Mr Tibbs, who sadly passed away in 2017.
Before he died, Paul donated a replica shirt from the kit worn by the squad in the Wembley play-off final in 1996 against Plymouth Argyle. Paul got the shirt signed by the squad. Paul also donated his programme from the Final (also signed by the squad) as well as his match ticket.

Paul wanted us to use the items to raise money for the Club and we've waited for the right opportunity to come along and as the 25th anniversary of the Final has just passed, we thought this would be the opportune moment. The proceeds from the raffle will be put towards 'Boost the Budget' with the object of taking the total over £135k

We also have tremendous second and third prizes!

Second prize is a signed and framed Alun Armstrong shirt from the 2006/07 season!

Third prize is Tyrone O’Neill's shirt from last season's orange Third kit.

The draw will take at 7pm on Wednesday, 9th June (the draw will close at 6pm on Wednesday).

For full details, go to https://yourclub.darlingtonfc.co.uk/2021-btb-raffle

robsraiders

Re: Boost the Budget Raffle

Post by robsraiders » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:33 pm

Its only a £1 a ticket please give it a go, some unique prizes to be won, I didnt meet Paul Tate but corresponded with him many times, you will know him as Mr Tibbs

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:06 pm

*Bump*...

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:14 am

I'm looking forward to the BTB fundraising match at the RA on the 26th June. It will great to see Gary Browns 'Darlo Legends'. It would be really good if Graeme Armstrong has been persuaded to put his boots back on for one more game.

It's the last day of the BTB shirt raffle - I've got my tickets. Have you got yours?

DFCSG_Secretary

Post by DFCSG_Secretary » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:47 am

The winners are:
1. Damon Wright
2. David Heslehurst
3. Jeremy Robertson

The raffle raised an additional £940 towards Boost the Budget. Many thanks to everyone that took part.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:10 am

A good sum raised by the late mr Tibbs.
Well done to all involved. What a great set of volunteers fans this club have.