Andrew Nelson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Andrew Nelson

Post by AndyPark » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:40 pm

Absolutely get him signed up, even if it’s only a 6 month deal till January.
Get him fully fit and I’m sure he’ll bag a dozen or more. A fit Andrew Nelson is 1 of the best strikers in the league imo :clap:

rogerkay

Post by rogerkay » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:35 pm

I’d take a punt on him! If he wants to a move back to the northeast I’m sure he’ll be in Alun’s radar.

Speed Test
Last edited by rogerkay on Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Latest is that his agent is wanting more money. We've made an offer and are waiting for him to come back, but not in the squad today. If the agent won't accept the offer it may be curtains for this one.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:27 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:09 pm
Latest is that his agent is wanting more money. We've made an offer and are waiting for him to come back, but not in the squad today. If the agent won't accept the offer it may be curtains for this one.
Not saying agents don’t have a role in football especially at the top level but at our level they are a bloody nuisance. The lad hasn’t played for a year and we are taking a chance on his fitness which needs to be factored in. Hope we can get a deal over the line but honestly agents can be a blight on the game and I reckon some of them are more interested in feathering their own nests than looking after their clients.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Old Git wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:09 pm
Not saying agents don’t have a role in football especially at the top level but at our level they are a bloody nuisance. The lad hasn’t played for a year and we are taking a chance on his fitness which needs to be factored in. Hope we can get a deal over the line but honestly agents can be a blight on the game and I reckon some of them are more interested in feathering their own nests than looking after their clients.
I'd imagine all of them are mainly interested in feathering their own nests. It's their job after all.

They do that by getting the best deal they can for those they represent. Personally I don't see how the percentages they would take at this level could possibly add up to anything like a decent income so not really sure why they bother representing players who are on part time wages.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:12 am

Old Git wrote: I reckon some of them are more interested in feathering their own nests than looking after their clients.
In other news, bears are more interested in shitting in the woods and the Pope is more interested in being Catholic.

You can’t necessarily blame them for wanting more money per se - it is how they earn a living.

But you’ve definitely got a point about whether it’s wise to be trying to squeeze more money for someone who’s not kicked a ball in 18 months.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:33 am

I guess this will boil down to how far apart our offer is from his/his agents valuation. Might be room for manouvre, who knows.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:41 pm

Harry Kane seems open to offers too......
Sometimes find it hard to believe they play to the same rules😤