Attendance

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Attendance

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:58 pm
Does any body have a full list of our pre-season games?
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/fixtures

hiding in plain sight

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:06 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:

hiding in plain sight
You weren't supposed to tell him!

Anyway July 19th now looks almost nailed on according to Robert Jenrick and we can expect an announcement from big Bozza shortly.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:35 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

hiding in plain sight
Thanks very much for that, not many pre-season games have been arranged, I wonder if further friendlies will be organised at this late stage?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:35 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

hiding in plain sight
Thanks very much for that, not many pre-season games have been arranged, I wonder if further friendlies will be organised at this late stage?
8 seems like quite a lot to me.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:22 am
Shildon lad has an “I’m alright Jack” attitude.

But we’re a club. We need to consider all fans, young and old. We should stick together. For instance if I saw an elderly Darlo fan getting roughed up after a match I would attempt to do something about it. Not just walk off.
Completely different scenario, as if i would push pass elderly fans in a concourse or refuse to help them if they are struggling to a seat or watch them get abused
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:16 am

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

But we’re a club. We need to consider all fans, young and old. We should stick together. For instance if I saw an elderly Darlo fan getting roughed up after a match I would attempt to do something about it. Not just walk off.
Completely different scenario, as if i would push pass elderly fans in a concourse or refuse to help them if they are struggling to a seat or watch them get abused
But you'll happily increase the chances of them getting a deadly infection, because you can't wait until the whole country is double vaccinated.

The sheer number of 'personal responsibility' folks who have clearly learned absolutely nothing from the last 18 months is as mind-blowing as it is utterly depressing.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:34 am

I'd hope the club are considering how to make it appealing to everyone to come back to BM. It's all well and good people saying "we will have to learn to live with it" etc, but there will be people who, for a variety of reasons, will be reticent about going back to a full(ish) stadium. It wouldn't surprise me if that is a relatively significant portion of our fanbase, at least initially.

Obviously the Tin Shed will be busy, and that's fine for those who will be comfortable with that. Perhaps the club could also consider zones where social distancing is encouraged. Designating, say, the open end as an area where people are encouraged to spread out a bit more, may help all of our fans feel comfortable in returning. That way those who want to take personal responsibility to socially distance a bit can do so. Perhaps tricky for big games, and also probably reliant on those who do make the personal choice to not socially distance to respect other people's personal choices too, but it's an idea.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:00 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:16 am
shildonlad wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

But you'll happily increase the chances of them getting a deadly infection, because you can't wait until the whole country is double vaccinated.

The sheer number of 'personal responsibility' folks who have clearly learned absolutely nothing from the last 18 months is as mind-blowing as it is utterly depressing.
The bulk of the elderly have now had both vacinations, what more are we supposed to do, continuing walking on egg shells around such folk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am

The club are looking at ways of providing a safe environment for all fans and are discussing various options at present regardless of whether all restrictions are lifted by the Government. For example some social distancing in seated areas, keeping the open end for those who want to socially distance, not allowing fans to switch ends at half time and limits in the clubhouse.
The club wants as many fans as possible to return but to do that in a way which makes them feel comfortable. Announcements will no doubt be forthcoming in the near future.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:27 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am
The club are looking at ways of providing a safe environment for all fans and are discussing various options at present regardless of whether all restrictions are lifted by the Government. For example some social distancing in seated areas, keeping the open end for those who want to socially distance, not allowing fans to switch ends at half time and limits in the clubhouse.
The club wants as many fans as possible to return but to do that in a way which makes them feel comfortable. Announcements will no doubt be forthcoming in the near future.
Sounds sensible - those who want to be in a close crowd can be, those who want to be more spread out can be, with a few compromises from both groups.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:04 am

Shouldn't surprise anyone the club is looking at things, with a mind they certainly won't want to reduce numbers. I think off the back of the last 16 months and also quite often a football boost from the back of England doing well, then the club won't want to reduce possible revenue also.

However with a reasonable chunk of older fans who after the last 16 months will feel very uneasy coming back, also after the government messaging so will a lot of middle age and younger fans. I understand why many are nervous, I do think as things move forward this will relax after a few games, especially if we see continuation in vaccinations and a peak of cases - these will reflect even better in hospitalisations and deaths.

It seems good that we are moving forwards towards fans being allowed and some normality returning.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:22 am

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:00 am
H1987 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

The bulk of the elderly have now had both vacinations, what more are we supposed to do, continuing walking on egg shells around such folk
Hmmmm I see. You must be a wind up merchant but if you really are serious then it's not a case of "walking on eggshells" (one word, not two) it's about consideration, and peoples health, and on top of that the club (our club) need as many fans as possible to feel confident and happy about turning up to a game.

I'm not one for agreeing with Darlogramps, but the insult he's given to you above does seem to be accurate.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:08 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:22 am
shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:00 am
H1987 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Hmmmm I see. You must be a wind up merchant but if you really are serious then it's not a case of "walking on eggshells" (one word, not two) it's about consideration, and peoples health, and on top of that the club (our club) need as many fans as possible to feel confident and happy about turning up to a game.

I'm not one for agreeing with Darlogramps, but the insult he's given to you above does seem to be accurate.
I honestly aint spoke with one person that wont go to a game, as i say this will never be over, whats clubs supposed to do, operate well below there usual crowds for the forceable future? Not many grounds below the championship are full every game anyway so there will always be a less crowded place. Im no windup merchant, as alot of my relations are now over 60 i suppose they are classed as elderly but they have had both vacinations and still want to get on with there lifes

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:44 pm

I am really looking forward to this game on Tuesday night, off the top of my head I can’t remember the last time I watched Darlo .
Anyway, it’s a few new players to see how they get on , and hopefully bring as bit of excitement and anticipation for the new season.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:44 pm
I am really looking forward to this game on Tuesday night, off the top of my head I can’t remember the last time I watched Darlo .
Anyway, it’s a few new players to see how they get on , and hopefully bring as bit of excitement and anticipation for the new season.
I haven't seen Darlo play since "that" game with Farsley 15 months ago! It'll be quite a surreal experience to see them play again after everything that's happened and I don't know if there's any survivors from the starting XI that lined up that day.

From what's come out today it looks like the government are pressing ahead with plans to scrap restrictions, although some on the opposition side are spitting feathers I agree with Boris when he says if we don't go back to normal now, when will we? Let's hope the days of streaming games from behind closed doors and relying on haphazardly negotiated funding from the DCMS are gone forever.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:36 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:26 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
I haven't seen Darlo play since "that" game with Farsley 15 months ago! It'll be quite a surreal experience to see them play again after everything that's happened and I don't know if there's any survivors from the starting XI that lined up that day.

From what's come out today it looks like the government are pressing ahead with plans to scrap restrictions, although some on the opposition side are spitting feathers I agree with Boris when he says if we don't go back to normal now, when will we? Let's hope the days of streaming games from behind closed doors and relying on haphazardly negotiated funding from the DCMS are gone forever.
Im not a fan of the bloke but actually agree with him for once and feel sorry for him, as well as the medcial doom mongers the opposition are whingeing. If he planned to extend restrictions they would moan about that, you just cant flamon win. Agree about streeming with no fans, football or gigs, it was wank!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:25 am

Almost back to normal, now worried the rain will prevent to game tonight going ahead😨

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:40 am

jjljks wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:25 am
Almost back to normal, now worried the rain will prevent to game tonight going ahead😨
I blame the government for not keeping it schtum.

As soon as they announce freedom the reliably unreliable Great British weather does what it does best, as long as the sun is shining on August 7th (Whitby Away) it can chuck it down for the rest of the month if it wants! :D

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:40 am

Double post.
Last edited by quaker4life on Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:08 am

jjljks wrote:
Are you Darlo_Pete in disguise ? :D

Darlogramps

Attendance

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 am

quaker4life wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

The question you pose is a simple one to answer - at a time when the Delta variant isn’t growing exponentially. Indeed it was the Prime Minister himself who would bang on about “data not dates”. Until yesterday, when the rampant narcissist abandoned it after a few bad news stories.

The figures released yesterday showed 2% of people who contract COVID end up in hospital. Increase the number of cases and the number in hospital will increase. The Prime Minister himself said we could be at 50K cases a day by July 19th.

That’s 1,000 hospital admissions a day - surely unsustainable if cases keep rising (as they will when there are next to zero limits). And once the NHS feels the strain, he would have to reintroduce restrictions.

He admitted yesterday he was condemning more people to unnecessarily early deaths. Such is the cult of personality that surrounds this appalling Prime Minister that none of his unquestioning, cultist supporters have even picked up on that.

Seemingly more people dying prematurely is a price worth paying for being able to go to a pub without having to order table service.

By all accounts, throwing the shackles off is a huge gamble. I can see this backfiring massively.

And to make it relevant to the club, if he had to reintroduce restrictions, that’s likely to mean no supporters at games, and we’re back where we’re started.

High COVID in circulation? Likely to mean players could catch it, ruling them out of matches and potentially forcing others to isolate (depending on the number of jabs they’ve had).

All this risk because our dreadful Prime Minister wanted some positive headlines.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:32 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 am

High COVID in circulation? Likely to mean players could catch it, ruling them out of matches and potentially forcing others to isolate (depending on the number of jabs they’ve had).

Look at what's happened to the cricket team today!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:29 am

Darlogramps wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

The question you pose is a simple one to answer - at a time when the Delta variant isn’t growing exponentially. Indeed it was the Prime Minister himself who would bang on about “data not dates”. Until yesterday, when the rampant narcissist abandoned it after a few bad news stories.

The figures released yesterday showed 2% of people who contract COVID end up in hospital. Increase the number of cases and the number in hospital will increase. The Prime Minister himself said we could be at 50K cases a day by July 19th.

That’s 1,000 hospital admissions a day - surely unsustainable if cases keep rising (as they will when there are next to zero limits). And once the NHS feels the strain, he would have to reintroduce restrictions.

He admitted yesterday he was condemning more people to unnecessarily early deaths. Such is the cult of personality that surrounds this appalling Prime Minister that none of his unquestioning, cultist supporters have even picked up on that.

Seemingly more people dying prematurely is a price worth paying for being able to go to a pub without having to order table service.

By all accounts, throwing the shackles off is a huge gamble. I can see this backfiring massively.

And to make it relevant to the club, if he had to reintroduce restrictions, that’s likely to mean no supporters at games, and we’re back where we’re started.

All this risk because our dreadful Prime Minister wanted some positive headlines.
This post is to political for this forum .

Darlogramps

Attendance

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:03 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

No it isn’t, but I’m sure you’ll cope anyway.

Now if you don’t mind, the grown-ups are talking.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:22 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:03 am
Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

You really are childish.

Darlogramps

Attendance

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:36 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:03 am
Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

You really are childish.
I’m not the one telling people they’re being “too political”. You don’t get to decide what people can or cannot say here.

Now run along - haven’t you got homework to do?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:04 am

banktopp wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:08 am
jjljks wrote:
Are you Darlo_Pete in disguise ? :D
😅 No & not the dog-walking man, just a poor old git with a black cloud hanging over me!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am

I use one other forum regularly, I won't give a name but they are OTT sensitive and if you mention one little thing off topic or use a word decided by them as iffy - you get censured. The forum I'm on about is very good but it is run by people who would enter into melt down if they discovered a fork in the knife drawer.

We can do politics - you don't have to agree.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:25 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am
I use one other forum regularly, I won't give a name but they are OTT sensitive and if you mention one little thing off topic or use a word decided by them as iffy - you get censured. The forum I'm on about is very good but it is run by people who would enter into melt down if they discovered a fork in the knife drawer.

We can do politics - you don't have to agree.
We certainly can. It's called " The Off Topic Room ".

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:32 am

Darlogramps wrote:
He admitted yesterday he was condemning more people to unnecessarily early deaths.
Looking at it from the other standpoint, continuing with restrictions will also lead to other unnecessary deaths for a multitude of reasons.
Flu is almost as dangerous as covid to some, yet we have jabs for it and it was only a few years ago we had around 50k excess deaths because of it.
However we don't lock down every time there is a outbreak of it, we have to live with it, just like we will have to with covid.
How many variants of covid have we had and will continue to have? How long do you go till you say no more? The scientists seem to think that the delta version will have peaked before the 19th anyway and that the NHS will be able to cope. Good enough reason in my opinion to loosen the shackles and let people start to get back to normal.