Darlo vs Boro

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo vs Boro

Post by bga » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:53 pm

JE93 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:45 pm
I did wonder ball looked on the line to me for Mondal's equaliser.

Got to say watching the highlights I also think it would be pretty touch and go whether Coburn was offside when he scores for Boro. Not that it makes the defending of the whole first and second phase of the corner any better, no one then 3 people seem to take responsibility for closing down the short ball. Then there's 3 or 4 times we're just not strong enough or slow to get out. It's been our achilies heal for a couple of seasons now and it really needs work defending set pieces well could save us conceding 5-10 goals in a season and the potential for that to change results in our favour is massive. Need some big leaders on that pitch who are going to organise and scream and shout when needed.

Rest of the game looked like we played some nice stuff in parts, albeit they aren't exactly the style of team who we'll be playing this season, especially in terms of physicality. Dos Santos is looking like a fun player, if the rainbow flick vs Newcastle hadn't already convinced you. Even in glimpses Nelson looks like a no brained of a signing the quality in his strike that hit the bar at the end was massive considering the lad hasn't played for year.

Still plenty of work to do and hopefully we can start getting some wins and scoring a few more goals against Sunderland and Whitby this week give us a bit of bounce going into the season.
If you watch it from the camera behind the goal to me it clearly bounces pitch side of the goal line by some distance. Anyway no big deal we played well it seems.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:44 pm

JE93 wrote:I did wonder ball looked on the line to me for Mondal's equaliser.

Got to say watching the highlights I also think it would be pretty touch and go whether Coburn was offside when he scores for Boro. Not that it makes the defending of the whole first and second phase of the corner any better, no one then 3 people seem to take responsibility for closing down the short ball. Then there's 3 or 4 times we're just not strong enough or slow to get out. It's been our achilies heal for a couple of seasons now and it really needs work defending set pieces well could save us conceding 5-10 goals in a season and the potential for that to change results in our favour is massive. Need some big leaders on that pitch who are going to organise and scream and shout when needed.

Rest of the game looked like we played some nice stuff in parts, albeit they aren't exactly the style of team who we'll be playing this season, especially in terms of physicality. Dos Santos is looking like a fun player, if the rainbow flick vs Newcastle hadn't already convinced you. Even in glimpses Nelson looks like a no brained of a signing the quality in his strike that hit the bar at the end was massive considering the lad hasn't played for year.

Still plenty of work to do and hopefully we can start getting some wins and scoring a few more goals against Sunderland and Whitby this week give us a bit of bounce going into the season.
Maybe it’s only me but I wasn’t a fan of the Dos Santos’s flick in the corner, gave the ball away then he won it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:14 pm

The lads need more gametime together on the pitch & as JE93 says, start scoring more goals to boost confidence. Deffo this was an improvement which we can build on, just in time for the new season.