Kidderminster…

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Kidderminster…

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:12 pm

Spoil the party again :D :D
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Quaker85

Re: Kidderminster…

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Record at new stadium so far :

Played 2, lost 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yorkfan
Team Supported: York

Post by Yorkfan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:13 am

We were awful yesterday, 3 of our back 4 are injured to be fair but making no excuses for the performance, the Watson started beck and just we just deployed long balls to him all game. Dross

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:00 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:19 pm
Record at new stadium so far :

Played 2, lost 2 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, sounds like the start of a stadium hoodoo

magic1

Post by magic1 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:59 pm

Yorkfan wrote:We were awful yesterday, 3 of our back 4 are injured to be fair but making no excuses for the performance, the Watson started beck and just we just deployed long balls to him all game. Dross
Problem with a big striker, players tend to lump it but Beck is a cracking player. What are your expectations for the season? How is the stadium?

Yorkfan

Post by Yorkfan » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:48 pm

The new stadium is fantastic, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was very pleasant, and good acoustics from the home and away end, so I'm looking forward to you lot coming to town as you will make a hell of a racket, creating a great atmosphere. After watching pre season, I was really hopeful this season but now having witnessed sat, I think playoffs is our hope now. Watsons tactics will limit us greatly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:05 pm

Oh dear they get hammered again 4-0 this time, they won't be happy.

magic1

Post by magic1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:08 pm

Yorkfan wrote:The new stadium is fantastic, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was very pleasant, and good acoustics from the home and away end, so I'm looking forward to you lot coming to town as you will make a hell of a racket, creating a great atmosphere. After watching pre season, I was really hopeful this season but now having witnessed sat, I think playoffs is our hope now. Watsons tactics will limit us greatly
Watson under pressure? Social media doesn’t bode well for him but it’ll that the general feeling? Can’t imagine it’ll be long before you click but not an ideal start. Looking forward to seeing your ground but will miss the gutter toilet

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:19 am

Very early days for York although the owner I doubt will let these results go on to long before a change, they are ambitious and want to get back to NL.

Yorkfan

Post by Yorkfan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Watson doesn't have very high stock with the fanbase. He doesn't respond well to stick and his interviews are very stern and cold and his tactics are dull. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by mid sep and I wouldn't be sad to see him go. His win rate is actually one of the highest we've ever had but games are boring to watch

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Yorkfan wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:29 pm
Watson doesn't have very high stock with the fanbase. He doesn't respond well to stick and his interviews are very stern and cold and his tactics are dull. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by mid sep and I wouldn't be sad to see him go. His win rate is actually one of the highest we've ever had but games are boring to watch
He was well liked at gateshead, getting a very young squad on a pittence into mid table and even dabbling with the play offs was a miracle. Im sure he was popular in his first season with york. Mind if i was the york owner i would sure expect better with there budget. Mind still early days
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 pm

6 wins and 1 draw from 7 games in preseason including wins over Newcastle Middlesbrough and Notts Co. Just goes show a good preseason does not necessarily lead to the form carrying into the league season. Hope the reverse is true for us.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:21 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 pm
6 wins and 1 draw from 7 games in preseason including wins over Newcastle Middlesbrough and Notts Co. Just goes show a good preseason does not necessarily lead to the form carrying into the league season. Hope the reverse is true for us.
Personally I think we're in for a tough few weeks, not because of personnel necessarily but because we have barely had a pre season and the players have had no time to gel at all. I think we may not even really see the team hit top speed until October, by which time the play offs, if they were ever likely, will probably be a bit remote.

York will come good, first two games mean very little in a wider context, they'll be up near the play offs soon enough I'm sure. But it's a competitive league this year and good may not be enough to save Watson.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:31 am

tdk1 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:21 pm
Old Git wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 pm
Personally I think we're in for a tough few weeks, not because of personnel necessarily but because we have barely had a pre season and the players have had no time to gel at all. I think we may not even really see the team hit top speed until October, by which time the play offs, if they were ever likely, will probably be a bit remote.

York will come good, first two games mean very little in a wider context, they'll be up near the play offs soon enough I'm sure. But it's a competitive league this year and good may not be enough to save Watson.
not sure I agree, atleast one team always puts a good run together after xmas to make the playoffs so October is never too late, we are going to observe all clubs having Covid stoppages so a team with games in hand will occur to quite a few clubs

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 am

Hope you're right. My concern though is that ours has come at a very bad time. You often hear of managers saying a player will get better in their second season at a club because they'll have had a full pre season. I just wonder whether that could apply to our entire squad.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:52 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 am
Hope you're right. My concern though is that ours has come at a very bad time. You often hear of managers saying a player will get better in their second season at a club because they'll have had a full pre season. I just wonder whether that could apply to our entire squad.
It's a strange one. Obviously like you say its far from perfect preparation to have pre-season and the first couple of games of the season delayed by Covid. Although arguably the move has made our first two games 'Easier', as I'd expect Alfreton and Curzon to be around the bottom 5 or 6 in the division, whereas Telford are likely to be mid table'ish and Brackley are perennial Playoff challengers.

Presumably we'll be back training this Tuesday & Thursday after any isolation periods? So hopefully two positive training sessions and inflict some more pain on Alfreton at the weekend.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Billy Heath has continued his policy of signing the biggest players he can find so we'll need to hone our defence to cope with the usual barrage of long throws, free-kicks, huge punts, corners and physical aggression. Alfreton actually had a very good pre-season, but have been awful so far when it counts and Billy will be very quickly under pressure if his giants can't produce the goods.