Hard to Believe..........

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

OYD
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Hard to Believe..........

Post by OYD » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:00 am

That it's twenty years ago today since the last time Darlo beat Pools.

Where the hell has that time gone, I can remember the game (and others) as if it was only last week !!

Still looking forward to the next encounter, preferably by you lot coming up rather than us coming down.

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hard to Believe..........

Post by joejaques » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:33 am

OYD wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:00 am
That it's twenty years ago today since the last time Darlo beat Pools.

Where the hell has that time gone, I can remember the game (and others) as if it was only last week !!

Still looking forward to the next encounter, preferably by you lot coming up rather than us coming down.
Just think how many good hidings you've been saved from over those years. :D :roll:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:58 am

Not all that bothered to be honest. Derby games with Poolie were becoming more and more of a hassle for me. I really wasn’t enjoying the tension on and off the field in those games and they were becoming an excuse for every thug from both towns to try and have a violent confrontation. Think I will give them a miss in future should they ever happen. Can’t imagine how such a game could be policed safely at Blackwell Meadows but then with a bit of luck we won’t be there much longer.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:55 am

I'm sure all fans would really like them to resume, but I really don't see it in the immediate future unless Pools drop down a level again.

I can see us in the National League playing at Blackwell, but beyond that, it's simply hard to envisage us in the Football League, as we simply won't have the kind of money needed to compete. But you never know.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:31 am

I never think about it. These days the Hartlepool thing seems to have been replaced (for some) by a rivalry with Spennymoor, but this doesn't seem that special or enjoyable any more. Just a nasty atmosphere epitomised by the events of "Fencegate" .
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:45 pm

not arsed in slightest about sp£ndy.

our rivals are the neck stretchers - simple as