trouble

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

norwich darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

trouble

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:54 pm

the club is reporting an incident at Curzon that a so-called fan jumped over the pitchside barrier and kicked the Curzon keeper just after we scored....haven't we been here before?.

Vodka_Vic

Re: trouble

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:51 pm

This was just in front of us. Saw someone go on the pitch but didn't see the incident on the pitch. Lad came back into the crowd, and a couple of stewards got him and took him out. However, he was just hanging around outside the ground chatting to his mates over the fence and we were all surprised that the Old Bill weren't called as that would be a Public Order Offence.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm

There is more to it than what is being said ,the guy ran onto the pitch that's against the rules, one of curson players kick him their goal keeper throws a punch ,so if that is what happened both the guy and the curson players are in the wrong,according to the rules,
I don't know that this is what happened I wasn't at the game ,I was told this happened by someone who was there, no smoke without fire.
Lots of speculative responses.but only those that were there could say for certain what is the right version.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:27 pm

onewayup wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm
There is more to it than what is being said ,the guy ran onto the pitch that's against the rules, one of curson players kick him their goal keeper throws a punch ,so if that is what happened both the guy and the curson players are in the wrong,according to the rules,
I don't know that this is what happened I wasn't at the game ,I was told this happened by someone who was there, no smoke without fire.
Lots of speculative responses.but only those that were there could say for certain what is the right version.
It's a bit more serious than just being 'against the rules'. The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:22 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:27 pm
onewayup wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm
It's a bit more serious than just being 'against the rules'. The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”
Football Offences Act doesn't apply as NLN games are not designated games.

Only applies to NL and above or in FA Cup from 4th qualifier onwards or to friendly games involving a team in top 5 tiers