Raj singh Northern echo interview

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
shildonlad
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by shildonlad » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:09 pm

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport ... ton-spell/

Agree with some of what he says, as darlington could well gone bust before they did if he never took over. He will be public enemy in darlington for a long time yet but he seems to have redeemed himself a bit at hartlepool, what choice did they have at the time, he sure got the managerial appointment right
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:23 pm

I know its a distant memory now, but what was this issue with the golden share I never fully understood it at the time - is there an article on it?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

joejaques
Posts: 2938
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by joejaques » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:26 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:09 pm
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport ... ton-spell/

Agree with some of what he says, as darlington could well gone bust before they did if he never took over. He will be public enemy in darlington for a long time yet but he seems to have redeemed himself a bit at hartlepool, what choice did they have at the time, he sure got the managerial appointment right
Strangely, no mention of the Football Share. :roll:
Image

JasonDeVos
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 pm

Another soft touch Singh interview

bga
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by bga » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:30 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:23 pm
I know its a distant memory now, but what was this issue with the golden share I never fully understood it at the time - is there an article on it?
My advice.......don't even go there!

al_quaker
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by al_quaker » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:53 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 pm
Another soft touch Singh interview
Yep - next to no challenge of the points he made, and looks more like a PR piece than a hard hitting piece of journalism.

Poor, but not unexpected.

JasonDeVos
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:10 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:53 pm
JasonDeVos wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 pm
Another soft touch Singh interview
Yep - next to no challenge of the points he made, and looks more like a PR piece than a hard hitting piece of journalism.

Poor, but not unexpected.
Absolutely- don’t want any awkward questions- just tickle his tummy.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3533
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:13 pm

I wonder if he had taken control of the club for a second time having left it in tatters the first time how much Darlington FC would be in debt to Raj Singh plc (or whatever it is known as) by this stage. Although I seem to remember that when he wrecked us last time he said if the fans were taking control he would just write it all off and not take a penny. That went well.

"Cut me some slack you Darlo fans". FFS.

Old Git
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by Old Git » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:56 pm

A typically poor piece of journalism from a once respected newspaper that really has hit the skids in recent years. An obviously attempt by Singh to rewrite history which will not fool those who remember his tenure and the pain he brought to our club. As ever he casts blame around and admits only to his own lack of experience not his incompetence and deception. Go forth and multiply Mr Singh.

Darlobill
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:00 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by Darlobill » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:26 pm

It does irk me that Raj although putting £10k into the pitch fund wasn’t given more time to at least have laid his stall out. If I remember he pulled out as his wife said it wasn’t worth the abuse he was getting. Hartlepools gain or our near miss we all have different opinions on Raj.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5643
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Darlobill wrote:It does irk me that Raj although putting £10k into the pitch fund wasn’t given more time to at least have laid his stall out. If I remember he pulled out as his wife said it wasn’t worth the abuse he was getting. Hartlepools gain or our near miss we all have different opinions on Raj.
It irks me that some of our fans were willing to throw their principles out the window because Singh had a bit of cash to chuck around.

You cannot forget Singh trashed our club and then deliberately tried to shut it down by claiming the hundreds of thousands of pounds he’d invested were “loans”, money he knew we couldn’t repay.

I’m convinced he wanted to close down the club at that point. “If I can’t have it, no one can”. Why else go back on comments like “I don’t expect a penny back” or “I’ve signed over the share”.

Moreover, the wider context of Gray bringing him in behind the back of the board at the time ( if memory serves), meant his involvement was always going to be divisive.

In that context, you can’t blame fans for rejecting Singh. Abuse is wrong, but I’m not sure what Singh was expecting.

It seems he genuinely believes he was badly done to during his ownership of us. When he takes responsibility and answers points like the Golden Share and the “loans”, then I’ll countenance listening to him. But while he continues with the self-pitying routine, he can do one as far as I’m concerned.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

tdk1
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by tdk1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:24 pm

He always seems to be staggered to discover that darlo racked up a load of debts to him, which was surely entirely based on the contracts he signed and the budget he allowed.

He probably doesn't want to kill pools as a point of principle, he doesn't seem to like this reputation as a club killer.

But had we taken him up, it would have been horrifically divisive, would have meant forgiving somebody whose obstinance and business decisions did ultimately kill the club, and who was the principle roadblock to us being saved at a higher level.

Pools are doing well, fair play to them, he's made a very good managerial appointment. At some point he will be wanting some cash back. We're in no position to be thumbing our noses at them, so really the best thing we can do is concentrate on our own club and making it the best it can be with the support of a group of owners who will never and can never kill it when one of them gets fed up.

onewayup
Posts: 2164
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by onewayup » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:43 pm

HE'S a liar. I asked Raj singh where the golden share was at the time money was handed over . HIS words (I can categorically say that I have handed the golden share to my solicitor to be forwarded to the new owners ) his words
Lying through his back teeth
You cannot trust the guy.simple as.

shildonlad
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by shildonlad » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:05 pm

If singh never handed over the golden share which i presume comes with the sale of any club then what exactly was been bought, if he was supposed to hand it over as part of the sale then he was breaking the law. Its like a car been sold without a log book but hey i suspect this has been well raked over. He makes a good point about the financial crisis, but why buy the club, he was not a lifelong fan as far as in aware
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

EDJOHNS
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:26 am

People have for years missed the real point about the "Golden share"

The share did not belong to ANY human being. It belonged to THE CLUB.
It is actually just a piece of paper saying the said club is allowed to enter competitions overruled by the Know FA.
As such, there was no need at all for a "New" share to be issued. All they needed to do was to cancel the original and issue a duplicate.

The entire reason the Know FA took the stance they did was that they were fed up with 3 admins in 10 years and wanted to make an example of the club and the powers they hold.

Struth! Ted is Ed
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Behind you

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:55 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:26 am
People have for years missed the real point about the "Golden share"

The share did not belong to ANY human being. It belonged to THE CLUB.
It is actually just a piece of paper saying the said club is allowed to enter competitions overruled by the Know FA.
As such, there was no need at all for a "New" share to be issued. All they needed to do was to cancel the original and issue a duplicate.

The entire reason the Know FA took the stance they did was that they were fed up with 3 admins in 10 years and wanted to make an example of the club and the powers they hold.
Look how much LONGER we were in the FIRST ADMIN
thanks to YOU TED FORSTER messing the administrators and Reynolds around BULLSHITTING about having millions and LYING about being detained at Heathrow.
God knows how many potentional investors were put off thanks to YOU TED FORSTER..

When you were scraping around in the coppers jar trying to find enough money for that months sad old b****** monthly magazine did you not think you would be caught out?
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

Comfortably_numb
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:21 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Darlobill wrote:It does irk me that Raj although putting £10k into the pitch fund wasn’t given more time to at least have laid his stall out. If I remember he pulled out as his wife said it wasn’t worth the abuse he was getting. Hartlepools gain or our near miss we all have different opinions on Raj.
It irks me that some of our fans were willing to throw their principles out the window because Singh had a bit of cash to chuck around.

You cannot forget Singh trashed our club and then deliberately tried to shut it down by claiming the hundreds of thousands of pounds he’d invested were “loans”, money he knew we couldn’t repay.

I’m convinced he wanted to close down the club at that point. “If I can’t have it, no one can”. Why else go back on comments like “I don’t expect a penny back” or “I’ve signed over the share”.

Moreover, the wider context of Gray bringing him in behind the back of the board at the time ( if memory serves), meant his involvement was always going to be divisive.

In that context, you can’t blame fans for rejecting Singh. Abuse is wrong, but I’m not sure what Singh was expecting.

It seems he genuinely believes he was badly done to during his ownership of us. When he takes responsibility and answers points like the Golden Share and the “loans”, then I’ll countenance listening to him. But while he continues with the self-pitying routine, he can do one as far as I’m concerned.
100% agree

JasonDeVos
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:44 am

Old Git wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:56 pm
A typically poor piece of journalism from a once respected newspaper that really has hit the skids in recent years. An obviously attempt by Singh to rewrite history which will not fool those who remember his tenure and the pain he brought to our club. As ever he casts blame around and admits only to his own lack of experience not his incompetence and deception. Go forth and multiply Mr Singh.
More hard hitting journalism in part two!!

eddie-rowles
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:26 am

This was the same man last year on BBC Tees sport complaining he was losing tens of thousands of pounds every week because people in his care homes were dying of Covid. I was sickened to the stomach and so very disappointed the BBC tees reporter did not pull him up on that but continued to gush with praise and then failed to ask how the debt of over 32million would be covered, very poor journalism

eddie-rowles
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj singh Northern echo interview

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:27 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:26 am
This was the same man last year on BBC Tees sport complaining he was losing tens of thousands of pounds every week because people in his care homes were dying of Covid. I was sickened to the stomach and so very disappointed the BBC tees reporter did not pull him up on that but continued to gush with praise and then failed to ask how the debt of over £2million would be covered, very poor journalism

Post Reply