Durham County Cup

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
JE93
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Durham County Cup

Post by JE93 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:09 am

I see we're in DCC action tonight at home to Shotton Colliery with a mixture of fringe players and youth players involved. Good chance to give the likes of Martin, Beeden, Hope, Hedley, Mondal and Beachamp some minutes, could be a good competition to go a bit longer in this year with some young first teamers like Hope and Martin that could get some valuable minutes out of it.

bga
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by bga » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:19 pm

JE93 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:09 am
I see we're in DCC action tonight at home to Shotton Colliery with a mixture of fringe players and youth players involved. Good chance to give the likes of Martin, Beeden, Hope, Hedley, Mondal and Beachamp some minutes, could be a good competition to go a bit longer in this year with some young first teamers like Hope and Martin that could get some valuable minutes out of it.
I agree surely all of the above must feature as we have a full squad bar one player ill I believe. Game time is paramount for the above.

Darlo_CR
Posts: 456
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm

Finished 8-2, good run out for the fringe players.

Goals:
Lambert x2
Mondal x2
Dos Santos x2
Beauchamp
Youth player

bga
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by bga » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Finished 8-2, good run out for the fringe players.

Goals:
Lambert x2
Mondal x2
Dos Santos x2
Beauchamp
Youth player
Good workout as you say. Now for the draw for the next round!

Old Git
Posts: 1259
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by Old Git » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm

bga wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm
Darlo_CR wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Finished 8-2, good run out for the fringe players.

Goals:
Lambert x2
Mondal x2
Dos Santos x2
Beauchamp
Youth player
Good workout as you say. Now for the draw for the next round!
Believe it has already been made and we are away to Newton Aycliffe.

CrazyDarlo
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by CrazyDarlo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm

In the match report on the official website Jack Lambert is referred to as a “new signing”

jjljks
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:26 am

Old Git wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm
bga wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm
Darlo_CR wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Finished 8-2, good run out for the fringe players.

Goals:
Lambert x2
Mondal x2
Dos Santos x2
Beauchamp
Youth player
Good workout as you say. Now for the draw for the next round!
Believe it has already been made and we are away to Newton Aycliffe.
That'll be on Clash of the Day :lol:

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1946
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:28 am

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
In the match report on the official website Jack Lambert is referred to as a “new signing”
Hope we sign Lambert, I always thought he was pretty good, I think he'll slot in well to the 4-3-3 formation we have.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Old Git
Posts: 1259
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by Old Git » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:45 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:28 am
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
In the match report on the official website Jack Lambert is referred to as a “new signing”
Hope we sign Lambert, I always thought he was pretty good, I think he'll slot in well to the 4-3-3 formation we have.
He could certainly play in the attacking midfield role if Hatfield was not playing.

AndyPark
Posts: 11696
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by AndyPark » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am

He was the best player out there last night. Head and shoulders above everyone else.

Sure someone mentioned he’s already signed on non-contract terms.

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by joejaques » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 am

He's referred to as a "new signing" in the match report on the official site :roll:
Image

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 884
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:26 pm

Good of Ray "fuck yous, it's my information not yours and I'll tell you when I feel like it, and not before" Simpson to let us know of Jack Lambert's signing before the match report.
#Arenaherewecome

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Allan Wilson, who volunteers as the match secretary, has said on Twitter and Facebook that Lambert is all signed up.

My guess is there’ll be an announcement some time after training today (maybe in the morning) so they can release an interview with him too.

But yeah, all a bit weird to start someone, refer to it in a match report and not actually announce the signing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Lallacab
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by Lallacab » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm
Allan Wilson, who volunteers as the match secretary, has said on Twitter and Facebook that Lambert is all signed up.

My guess is there’ll be an announcement some time after training today (maybe in the morning) so they can release an interview with him too.

But yeah, all a bit weird to start someone, refer to it in a match report and not actually announce the signing.
Just seems poor in my opinion

I don’t see anything wrong with announcing a signing and then an interview coming at a later date

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by joejaques » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:19 pm

Away win at Brackley, reserves / fringe players win big in DCC, what can we whinge about now? :roll:
Image

Darlogramps
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Durham County Cup

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm

joejaques wrote:Away win at Brackley, reserves / fringe players win big in DCC, what can we whinge about now? :roll:
Not a case of finding anything to whinge about.

It’s just a bit strange we appear to have signed someone, played him in a match yet not told fans about it.

I’d be interested to know why there is the apparent delay. Maybe there’s a genuine reason, but if he’s signed on the dotted line I’d struggle to think of why it can’t be announced.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

real_darlo_85
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:32 pm

I'm not bothered by the way in which this signing is announced. Lambert has the potential to be a good addition, like Nelson, based on his previous stint and much more like the type of recruitment I think we may have expected.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

quaker4life
Posts: 2513
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm

joejaques wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Away win at Brackley, reserves / fringe players win big in DCC, what can we whinge about now? :roll:
I'm not sure where this sudden burst of enthusiasm for the DCC has come from? Apart from when we played Hartlepool a couple of years ago nobody seemed fussed.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by joejaques » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:16 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm
joejaques wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Away win at Brackley, reserves / fringe players win big in DCC, what can we whinge about now? :roll:
I'm not sure where this sudden burst of enthusiasm for the DCC has come from? Apart from when we played Hartlepool a couple of years ago nobody seemed fussed.
After the last two years, enthusiasm for ANY football, of any level is thoroughly understandable. :roll:
Image

quaker4life
Posts: 2513
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by quaker4life » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 am

joejaques wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:16 pm
After the last two years, enthusiasm for ANY football, of any level is thoroughly understandable. :roll:
And you're clearly jumping for joy.

:lol:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Durham County Cup

Post by joejaques » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:24 am

quaker4life wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 am
joejaques wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:16 pm
After the last two years, enthusiasm for ANY football, of any level is thoroughly understandable. :roll:
And you're clearly jumping for joy.

:lol:
At my age I don't do a great deal of actual jumping, but my heart has made a few leaps in the last week. :roll:
Image

Post Reply