Darlington V Telford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MB86DFC
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:22 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:24 am
darlo reborn wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Have to give a mention to the officials on saturday thought they were good which makes a change lately
Winning has that impact usually
Yep, I think if we were on the other end of the Dos Santos goal we’d be pretty upset about the charge down hitting Rivers hands.

Piggy_
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by Piggy_ » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 am

Telford have parted company with their manager Gavin Cowan this morning.

Old Git
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:03 am

Piggy_ wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 am
Telford have parted company with their manager Gavin Cowan this morning.
They were pretty poor on Saturday so not a massive shock.
Remember back in the old days (1970s) when we were usually struggling a defeat to Darlington often seemed to prove the final straw for managers. Beware the curse of the Quakers Josh Gowling !!!

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1946
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 pm

we really now have a fantastic opportunity to push on and look upwards, a win against Hereford and we will be top half.
Telford were poor but to be fair we put them to the sword which is all we can do. De Sousa was the man of the match for me, he was involved in all 3 goals and with his confidence up the team going forward is looking good.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:we really now have a fantastic opportunity to push on and look upwards, a win against Hereford and we will be top half.
Telford were poor but to be fair we put them to the sword which is all we can do. De Sousa was the man of the match for me, he was involved in all 3 goals and with his confidence up the team going forward is looking good.
De Sousa plays for Grimsby.ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Vokuhila
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by Vokuhila » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:03 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 pm
De Sousa plays for Grimsby.
Yeah, it's pretty disrespectful that so many people are getting it wrong.

It's not even a difficult name!

quaker4life
Posts: 2514
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by quaker4life » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:41 am

Vokuhila wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:03 pm
It's not even a difficult name!
Exactly!

How difficult is it to spell Ndumbu Nsgunu? :crazy: :silent:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1946
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:48 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 pm
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:we really now have a fantastic opportunity to push on and look upwards, a win against Hereford and we will be top half.
Telford were poor but to be fair we put them to the sword which is all we can do. De Sousa was the man of the match for me, he was involved in all 3 goals and with his confidence up the team going forward is looking good.
De Sousa plays for Grimsby.ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
I got the "De" bit right :lol:
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

MB86DFC
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:02 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:48 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 pm
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:we really now have a fantastic opportunity to push on and look upwards, a win against Hereford and we will be top half.
Telford were poor but to be fair we put them to the sword which is all we can do. De Sousa was the man of the match for me, he was involved in all 3 goals and with his confidence up the team going forward is looking good.
De Sousa plays for Grimsby.ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
I got the "De" bit right :lol:
Afraid not!

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1946
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:59 am

MB86DFC wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:48 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 pm
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:we really now have a fantastic opportunity to push on and look upwards, a win against Hereford and we will be top half.
Telford were poor but to be fair we put them to the sword which is all we can do. De Sousa was the man of the match for me, he was involved in all 3 goals and with his confidence up the team going forward is looking good.
De Sousa plays for Grimsby.ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
I got the "De" bit right :lol:
Afraid not!
Oh crap I’m not having a good day


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

User avatar
Makka Pakka
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am

It's Erico Sousa and Kevin Dos Santos, not a de in sight!
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13200
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by divas » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:22 am

Makka Pakka wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am
It's Erico Sousa and Kevin Dos Santos, not a de in sight!
Unless using his full given name of course

Érico Henrique Esteves de Sousa

LoidLucan
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:30 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am
It's Erico Sousa and Kevin Dos Santos, not a de in sight!

I didn't even know there was a Saint Kev.... apart from our own video supremo, of course :D

Post Reply