Get Well Soon Alun

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
AndyPark
Posts: 11698
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Get Well Soon Alun

Post by AndyPark » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:48 pm

DarlingtonFC wrote: Rushed into hospital

Darlington manager Alun Armstrong has been rushed into hospital for a procedure this afternoon.

Unfortunately, this means that Alun will be missing for Saturday's home game with AFC Telford United, and so assistant manager Darren Holloway and senior players Will Hatfield and Danny Ellis will be in charge of the team.
We're sure that everyone would like to wish Alun a speedy recovery, and hope to see him back soon.
Please also give Daz, Will and Danny all your support.
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/alun-to ... rdays-game

Get well soon Alun, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Let’s get those 3 points tomorrow for you :thumbup:

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Yep that’s just the tonic he needs, hopefully it’s nothing serious 🙏

JE93
Posts: 1605
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by JE93 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:00 pm

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

H1987
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by H1987 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Hopefully it’s not serious. Come on Alun!

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by joejaques » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Sounds ominous. You don't get "rushed" into hospital for something that's not serious. All the best Alun, but sounds like it could be a while. :(
Image

dfcdfcdfc
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 pm

joejaques wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Sounds ominous. You don't get "rushed" into hospital for something that's not serious. All the best Alun, but sounds like it could be a while. :(
Appendicitis for example isn't too serious as long as it's dealt with.

H1987
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by H1987 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:29 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 pm
joejaques wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Sounds ominous. You don't get "rushed" into hospital for something that's not serious. All the best Alun, but sounds like it could be a while. :(
Appendicitis for example isn't too serious as long as it's dealt with.
Very true. Sometimes things can be precautionary as well.

Hardly the important thing here, but I find the management by committee in his absence odd. Just put Holloway in charge.

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1362
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:49 pm

joejaques wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Sounds ominous. You don't get "rushed" into hospital for something that's not serious. All the best Alun, but sounds like it could be a while. :(
Sounds like it could be a while based on what knowledge exactly?

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by joejaques » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:21 am

darlo2001uk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:49 pm
joejaques wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Sounds ominous. You don't get "rushed" into hospital for something that's not serious. All the best Alun, but sounds like it could be a while. :(
Sounds like it could be a while based on what knowledge exactly?
Had the club quote said "admitted to hospital", then I could have accepted precautionary. It's the word "rushed" that makes it sound serious to me. Hop I'm wrong but........
Image

Darlogramps
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:15 am

I don’t think speculating on the severity of his condition is really helpful at this time.

Clearly it was unplanned and unscheduled but until we know more about how he’s doing it’s almost pointless trying to guess without information.

All we can do is hope it’s nothing too serious and that he makes a quick and full recovery.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

LoidLucan
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am

So strangulated umbilical hernia op. He doesn't want grapes, just 3 points. Get well soon and let's do it.

joejaques
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by joejaques » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:23 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am
So strangulated umbilical hernia op. He doesn't want grapes, just 3 points. Get well soon and let's do it.
TFFT At least we now know it's fixed. Get well soon Alun. :D :roll:
Image

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2268
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:36 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am
So strangulated umbilical hernia op. He doesn't want grapes, just 3 points. Get well soon and let's do it.
Know all about bloody hernias. Most hernias can be done keyhole, but this type is usually open surgery. He'll be able to do limited duties within a week or 2. Knowing AA he'll be back soon. Reckon he'll be on the balcony next week and dugout in 2. Mind you, Michael Stipe of REM was back on stage a couple of nights after his hernia repair. Daft bugger.

H1987
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by H1987 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:54 am

Speedy recovery Alun. Glad it’s ‘only’ a hernia (although I’m sure it’s bloody painful).

LoidLucan
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:19 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:36 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am
So strangulated umbilical hernia op. He doesn't want grapes, just 3 points. Get well soon and let's do it.
Know all about bloody hernias. Most hernias can be done keyhole, but this type is usually open surgery. He'll be able to do limited duties within a week or 2. Knowing AA he'll be back soon. Reckon he'll be on the balcony next week and dugout in 2. Mind you, Michael Stipe of REM was back on stage a couple of nights after his hernia repair. Daft bugger.
Sounds like this was at the really serious end of things with hernias.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Git
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by Old Git » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:23 am

Pleased to hear that ALun has had his operation and recovering in hospital. Sounds quite nasty but he is in the right place and I am sure likely to make a full recovery in time. In the meantime let’s all pull together get behind the lads and give him a boost by taking 3 points today.

Darl-Zero
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Cheshire

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:29 am

Get well soon Alun.

real_darlo_85
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Get Well Soon Alun

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:27 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:19 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:36 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am
So strangulated umbilical hernia op. He doesn't want grapes, just 3 points. Get well soon and let's do it.
Know all about bloody hernias. Most hernias can be done keyhole, but this type is usually open surgery. He'll be able to do limited duties within a week or 2. Knowing AA he'll be back soon. Reckon he'll be on the balcony next week and dugout in 2. Mind you, Michael Stipe of REM was back on stage a couple of nights after his hernia repair. Daft bugger.
Sounds like this was at the really serious end of things with hernias.
Something like this is a medical emergency especially at the point where it may have got to a gangrenous state. No joke but we could have lost him and thank God it was found in time!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Post Reply