Shirt survey results

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Shirt survey results

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:22 am

Results of the shirt survey are out.

In summary, everyone wants us to be black and white with a majority wanting hoops.

However only 41% wanted hoops every year.

The result seems to be we’ll have hoops for 3 or 4 seasons followed by an alternative design for a year, which seems fair.

And in the year we don’t have hoops for the home kit, then the away kit will be a hooped design.

Got to say, this is a really good example of fan engagement and working out a fair compromise which gives something for everyone on a key part of our identity.

Well done to all involved - full results here: https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/darling ... ion-survey

What will we do without the annual hoops debate?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Re: Shirt survey results

Post by divas » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:05 am

The detail is excellent, cant imagine many other clubs, fan owned or not, undertaking this level of analysis / engagement, we really do have it very good. Just take a look at Chester or York’s recent woes for comparison

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am

divas wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:05 am
The detail is excellent, cant imagine many other clubs, fan owned or not, undertaking this level of analysis / engagement, we really do have it very good. Just take a look at Chester or York’s recent woes for comparison
100%.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:11 pm

Brilliant and I am happy with the outcome.

Can already see some of the black & white hoops every year brigade are trying to invalidate the conclusion on social media.

Thought I guess this means the next few years will be hoops hoops hoops!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:57 pm

Good piece of work by DFCSG and a well presented set of results and conclusions. Our unique history and identity remains of importance going forward but also some room for innovation from time to time seems a very reasonable position to me.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:32 pm

Agree a great piece of work and great communication. Personally I’m a ‘hoops all the time’ fan, but what is being proposed seems a sensible way forward. The only thing I wonder about- if I’ve read it correctly- is to have a new shirt every season. In the dire financial straights many people are in and forecasts of worse to come is there likely to be enough demand to cover the costs involved.

DarloJason

Post by DarloJason » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Really good level of detail, I couldn’t seem to find the responses in relation to which kit provided has supplied the best quality shirts?
Perhaps we’ll find out when the current agreement runs out. ;)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:54 am

Hope the consultation process is not too costly & eating into our club budget. Jumping through the hoops of surveys takes time & effort. My kids like alphabetti just as much as hoops.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:02 am

jjljks wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:54 am
Hope the consultation process is not too costly & eating into our club budget. Jumping through the hoops of surveys takes time & effort. My kids like alphabetti just as much as hoops.
Why should there be any cost at all? it is quick and easy to set up a free online poll.

Even which I doubt, there was any cost at all, why should that not be a proper use of club's budget. It is important that a business communicates with its customers and ensures it is listening.

Do you also query theeating up of the announcements the club put out about what is happening at the club eg injuries, signings etc?

It seems most bizarre to be negative about the club communicating with and listening to its customers ( and in many cases owners)

Kudos for a business communicating with and listening to its customers and owners. Many other businesses could learn from Darlington on this

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:59 am

jjljks wrote:
I don't think we got KPMG in to run it like.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:39 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:02 am
It is important that a business communicates with its customers and ensures it is listening.
Even when clubs do this, like when their owners say they have put over a 7 figure amount into a certain club, you still have dimwits who deny it and say something different. :think:

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:48 pm

jjljks wrote:
Good job there are a collection of fans and kit enthusiasts who are happy to do all this for free in their own time, isn't it.