Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Posts: 1865
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by H1987 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 pm
ImageImageImage

Who rattled your cage? I wasn’t having a go at anyone. Just saying AA and his staff will have their reasons and I trust that over anyone on here questioning his decision. That’s all I meant.

Although by your own admission you were uninformed so not sure what your issue is with my description. Seems you’re upset because you’ve done your usual trick of spouting off to look controversial without knowing the facts.

Nelson having COVID was public knowledge. Try doing some research next time and you won’t look so silly. There’s a good lad.
There was nothing controversial in what was said, and I don't really know why I should feel silly about not knowing he had covid, especially when I literally wrote 'unless there's something I'm not aware of'. Being so angry all the time on the internet isn't good for you, especially at your age.

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Old Git » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:55 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 pm
Old Git wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 pm
loan_star wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:43 pm
Old Git wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:07 pm
Of course AA and coaching staff will know more than anyone posting on this forum but why name him as a sub if he is not going to be used ?
To fill the bench? To keep other players on their toes? To stop people thinking Nelson may be injured again etc etc?
So you think they are good enough reasons to put a player on the bench?
Silly me I thought the purpose was to nominate players who may be able to come on to the pitch and change the game or provide cover for injuries.
All depends who the other options are. Nelson was the only striker on the bench so that’s probably why he was in there rather than say having another defender on there.
Not so unless you think Mondal is not a striker.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:35 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 pm
ImageImageImage

Who rattled your cage? I wasn’t having a go at anyone. Just saying AA and his staff will have their reasons and I trust that over anyone on here questioning his decision. That’s all I meant.

Although by your own admission you were uninformed so not sure what your issue is with my description. Seems you’re upset because you’ve done your usual trick of spouting off to look controversial without knowing the facts.

Nelson having COVID was public knowledge. Try doing some research next time and you won’t look so silly. There’s a good lad.
There was nothing controversial in what was said, and I don't really know why I should feel silly about not knowing he had covid, especially when I literally wrote 'unless there's something I'm not aware of'. Being so angry all the time on the internet isn't good for you, especially at your age.
Oh I’m not angry, quite the opposite.

When people who take themselves way too seriously (I.E. you) end up falling flat on their face, it brings me great joy.

Trying informing yourself next time. You’ll avoid looking so daft in future. Newspapers are good. So is the club website. Give them a try.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

50 years
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by 50 years » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:25 am

At the Aycliffe game Nelson played the full 90 minutes, and had plenty of running in him, but late in the first half he stretched out a leg to try a intercept a ball and looked uncomfortable for a short while and didn't seem to run as much in the second half, seeming to be more concentrating on positional play, and bringing others around him into the game (had a good awareness). Maybe he was still feeling the effects of the full game on Saturday and the management did not want to chance a recurrence of his injury. A supporter near me pointed out that Nelson had lost a bit of weight and looked fitter, so may be on the road to full fitness and injury free but think it may be a short while yet before they chance it.

JE93
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by JE93 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:30 am

Only just watched the highlights. Looks like we created chances and had either the Cassidy or Hatfield shots In the second half found the net I think we'd have probably gone on to win. Can understand some of the criticism around not making changes or bringing Nelson on, but watching the highlights, it seemed like it was the width we had was hurting them first half. I wouldn't have taken Charman off the Form he's in and Cassidy is the type for striker you want on the pitch as he occupies defenders if you're going to put crosses in. So could you really bring Nelson on without changing shape and losing a bit of the width that seemed to be serving us well.

Looking at the league table we're slightly behind where I wanted us to be this season. I wanted us to be atleast 9 within a result of the playoffs and think with the additions of Cooper and Ellis we certainly have a squad that's capable of that. With that in mind though I'm not overly disappointed, we're certainly not the relegation fodder that some would have had you believe after 3 games, and we actually play some really nice football, we create chances and score goals. In the wider scheme of things with the challenges we'll ultimately have as a club in securing space of our own to build a ground and grow revenues etc, a competitive side in this league that plays nice football and isn't a million miles from the last couple of playoffs spots works for me at the moment.

I agreed with Armstrong pre Leamington game that we should be aiming for 7-9 points from Leamington, Southport and Guiseley. I still think that's the case. The draw in the first game puts pressure on that so it's up to the lads to get a positive result tonight against Southport. More than capable of scoring the goals to win games we just need to increase the clean sheets count now.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5151
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:46 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:44 pm
There was nothing controversial in what was said, and I don't really know why I should feel silly about not knowing he had covid, especially when I literally wrote 'unless there's something I'm not aware of'.
This website is about Darlo fans sharing ideas and information, I didn't know Nelson had contracted C19 until Andy Park mentioned it on here, your post was quite clear to me.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

AndyPark
Posts: 11714
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by AndyPark » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am

Looks like the Guiseley game on Saturday is in doubt, they’ve got Covid cases in the squad and tonight’s game vs Telford has been postponed.

Yarblockos
Posts: 779
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Looks like the Guiseley game on Saturday is in doubt, they’ve got Covid cases in the squad and tonight’s game vs Telford has been postponed.
What the new procedure now? If you have been double jabbed you don't have to isolate I believe? So a postponment would depend on how many have contracted Covid and how many of the others haven't been vaxxed.

quaker4life
Posts: 2522
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by quaker4life » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:32 am

Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Looks like the Guiseley game on Saturday is in doubt, they’ve got Covid cases in the squad and tonight’s game vs Telford has been postponed.
What the new procedure now? If you have been double jabbed you don't have to isolate I believe? So a postponment would depend on how many have contracted Covid and how many of the others haven't been vaxxed.
If I remember correctly, if you have a positive test even if you are double jabbed you are still required to self isolate but if you're a contact of someone who has had a positive test you no longer have to do so. If they were unable to raise a team for tonight's game then it's clear there has been a sufficient number of cases within the squad to force a postponement, if tonight's game isn't on then it's highly doubtful Saturday will be either.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6413
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:42 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:55 pm
Not so unless you think Mondal is not a striker.
Forgot about him! But he didnt get on either showing that AA probably thought he was best sticking with Charman and Cassidy for the full game.

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:53 am

Latest news on official site states that Guiesley are saying the game will go ahead as planned.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:55 am

quaker4life wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Looks like the Guiseley game on Saturday is in doubt, they’ve got Covid cases in the squad and tonight’s game vs Telford has been postponed.
What the new procedure now? If you have been double jabbed you don't have to isolate I believe? So a postponment would depend on how many have contracted Covid and how many of the others haven't been vaxxed.
If I remember correctly, if you have a positive test even if you are double jabbed you are still required to self isolate but if you're a contact of someone who has had a positive test you no longer have to do so. If they were unable to raise a team for tonight's game then it's clear there has been a sufficient number of cases within the squad to force a postponement, if tonight's game isn't on then it's highly doubtful Saturday will be either.
Not sure that’s quite the case. Indeed Guiseley have put out a statement to the contrary, saying Saturday’s game is very much still going ahead.

As you say, positive cases need to isolate even if double-jabbed. But I think the reason the game is off tonight is because they’ll be waiting for the PCR test results, which will presumably come in tomorrow. I don’t know how many Guiseley players are double-jabbed, but as you correctly say, double-jabbed players won’t have to isolate (although anyone who isn’t will).

If there’s even one case of COVID in the camp, they can’t let tonight’s game go ahead because they won’t know the extent of the outbreak, so you’d potentially be spreading the virus around further.

If the PCR tests for contacts and subsequent testing beyond that keep proving negative, then Saturday’s game should be fine.

It’ll only be in doubt if it turns out there’s a large outbreak of positive cases in the Guiseley squad.

So I think tonight’s postponement is more down to the uncertainty over how bad the outbreak is, rather than necessarily lots of Guiseley players having it. It could also be because not enough of their players are double-jabbed and therefore isolating until the results of their PCR tests, but obviously there’s no way for anyone to know that.

Put it this way, if loads of players were positive already, our game would already be off. That’s what I gleaned from Guiseley’s statement anyway.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quaker4life
Posts: 2522
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by quaker4life » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:55 am
quaker4life wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Looks like the Guiseley game on Saturday is in doubt, they’ve got Covid cases in the squad and tonight’s game vs Telford has been postponed.
What the new procedure now? If you have been double jabbed you don't have to isolate I believe? So a postponment would depend on how many have contracted Covid and how many of the others haven't been vaxxed.
If I remember correctly, if you have a positive test even if you are double jabbed you are still required to self isolate but if you're a contact of someone who has had a positive test you no longer have to do so. If they were unable to raise a team for tonight's game then it's clear there has been a sufficient number of cases within the squad to force a postponement, if tonight's game isn't on then it's highly doubtful Saturday will be either.
Not sure that’s quite the case. Indeed Guiseley have put out a statement to the contrary, saying Saturday’s game is very much still going ahead.

As you say, positive cases need to isolate even if double-jabbed. But I think the reason the game is off tonight is because they’ll be waiting for the PCR test results, which will presumably come in tomorrow. I don’t know how many Guiseley players are double-jabbed, but as you correctly say, double-jabbed players won’t have to isolate (although anyone who isn’t will).

If there’s even one case of COVID in the camp, they can’t let tonight’s game go ahead because they won’t know the extent of the outbreak, so you’d potentially be spreading the virus around further.

If the PCR tests for contacts and subsequent testing beyond that keep proving negative, then Saturday’s game should be fine.

It’ll only be in doubt if it turns out there’s a large outbreak of positive cases in the Guiseley squad.

So I think tonight’s postponement is more down to the uncertainty over how bad the outbreak is, rather than necessarily lots of Guiseley players having it. It could also be because not enough of their players are double-jabbed and therefore isolating until the results of their PCR tests, but obviously there’s no way for anyone to know that.

Put it this way, if loads of players were positive already, our game would already be off. That’s what I gleaned from Guiseley’s statement anyway.
I've just seen it, I wasn't anticipating such a quick follow up so fair play to Guiseley for moving swiftly.

I'm happy that the game is going ahead and we seem to have avoided more unwelcome disruption for the time being, going off what has happened previously with ourselves and other clubs this season whenever a game has been postponed the trend seemed to be the next one would follow due to the 10 day isolation period.

Hopefully those affected make a speedy recovery and do not suffer any serious symptoms.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm

Yes let’s hope the Guiesley outbreak is isolated and the game on Saturday can go ahead as planned.
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.

AndyPark
Posts: 11714
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by AndyPark » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:

LoidLucan
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Yes let’s hope the Guiesley outbreak is isolated and the game on Saturday can go ahead as planned.
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I guess that rules you out of the running for the role as the club's Human Rights and Tact and Diplomacy Officer :D

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5151
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:
Yep, it’s bad - and nothing to do with “woke”, nothing at all :thumbdown:
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:
Comments designed to provoke a reaction which has worked with you at least.
You know plenty about taking the piss especially when you encroach onto the playing surface and act like a complete tool.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Old Git wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:
Comments designed to provoke a reaction which has worked with you at least.
You know plenty about taking the piss especially when you encroach onto the playing surface and act like a complete tool.
Well, there’s running on to a pitch or joking about genocide. One is slightly worse than the other, I’ll have to admit.

Doubtless your comment was “tongue in cheek”, although I’d suggest this was more than a bit misguided.

Hopefully Mrs Old Git will be along with a glass of Chardonnay to calm you down shortly.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Old Git » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm
Old Git wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:
Comments designed to provoke a reaction which has worked with you at least.
You know plenty about taking the piss especially when you encroach onto the playing surface and act like a complete tool.
Well, there’s running on to a pitch or joking about genocide. One is slightly worse than the other, I’ll have to admit.

Doubtless your comment was “tongue in cheek”, although I’d suggest this was more than a bit misguided.

Hopefully Mrs Old Git will be along with a glass of Chardonnay to calm you down shortly.
Will probably need a bottle or 2 whilst listening to DF Radio tonight.
On a more serious note I and many others are getting increasingly frustrated with a hard core of selfish morons who refuse to get inoculated against Covid and yet expect the NHS to look after them when they become seriously ill. Waiting lists for surgery are at record levels and yet 8,000+ beds are taken up with Covid patients the majority of which have refused to be vaccinated.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:11 pm

The stuff I've read suggests that around 4 in 10 people admitted to hospital with covid are not fully vaccinated. But yes that still means it is a significant number.

AndyPark
Posts: 11714
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by AndyPark » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 pm
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:
Comments designed to provoke a reaction which has worked with you at least.
You know plenty about taking the piss especially when you encroach onto the playing surface and act like a complete tool.
I knew it wouldn’t take long for this to appear :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your evening :thumbup:

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by Old Git » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 am

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 pm
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Personally I would like to see any players (or anyone else) who are not jabbed taken to a secure area and allowed to die if they catch Covid. However, I suppose the woke brigade might find that a little extreme but as I am an old git I don’t care if some people disagree with me.
I have seen some outstandingly bad comments on here throughout the years, but this takes the piss.

Just wow :shock: :wtf: :eh:
Comments designed to provoke a reaction which has worked with you at least.
You know plenty about taking the piss especially when you encroach onto the playing surface and act like a complete tool.
I knew it wouldn’t take long for this to appear :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your evening :thumbup:
Sadly I did not but neither did you or any other Darlo fan unfortunately 😢

User avatar
JackRussel
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:41 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Leamington 23/10/21

Post by JackRussel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:55 am
quaker4life wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Looks like the Guiseley game on Saturday is in doubt, they’ve got Covid cases in the squad and tonight’s game vs Telford has been postponed.
What the new procedure now? If you have been double jabbed you don't have to isolate I believe? So a postponment would depend on how many have contracted Covid and how many of the others haven't been vaxxed.
If I remember correctly, if you have a positive test even if you are double jabbed you are still required to self isolate but if you're a contact of someone who has had a positive test you no longer have to do so. If they were unable to raise a team for tonight's game then it's clear there has been a sufficient number of cases within the squad to force a postponement, if tonight's game isn't on then it's highly doubtful Saturday will be either.
Not sure that’s quite the case. Indeed Guiseley have put out a statement to the contrary, saying Saturday’s game is very much still going ahead.

As you say, positive cases need to isolate even if double-jabbed. But I think the reason the game is off tonight is because they’ll be waiting for the PCR test results, which will presumably come in tomorrow. I don’t know how many Guiseley players are double-jabbed, but as you correctly say, double-jabbed players won’t have to isolate (although anyone who isn’t will).

If there’s even one case of COVID in the camp, they can’t let tonight’s game go ahead because they won’t know the extent of the outbreak, so you’d potentially be spreading the virus around further.

If the PCR tests for contacts and subsequent testing beyond that keep proving negative, then Saturday’s game should be fine.

It’ll only be in doubt if it turns out there’s a large outbreak of positive cases in the Guiseley squad.

So I think tonight’s postponement is more down to the uncertainty over how bad the outbreak is, rather than necessarily lots of Guiseley players having it. It could also be because not enough of their players are double-jabbed and therefore isolating until the results of their PCR tests, but obviously there’s no way for anyone to know that.

Put it this way, if loads of players were positive already, our game would already be off. That’s what I gleaned from Guiseley’s statement anyway. :)
Everything goes on to the point that soon all people will test positive for PCR. That is, all people will have the disease. Well it seems so to me - just my opinion.
And let's hope that all will be well in the team, the game will take place.

P.S. Let me participate in your conversation a little, if it does not bother anyone.

Post Reply