Super 50/50 Draw

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Super 50/50 Draw

Post by beatroute66 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm

Look at these 2021/22 Super 50/50 Draw stats so far this season! 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/DarloFCSG/status/14 ... 2265348101

During 2019/20 we were tracking cash prize pots at between £700 and £900 per home game. Biggest win was £909 that season. Average this season is £18 off a grand... 😯

Super 50/50 Draw allows those who like to buy a ticket with coins at Blackwell Meadows, or those who like to click their mouse to make purchases online, or who can't make the game, or who live in London, Lisbon or Lima, all take part.

And remember, the bigger the weekly cash prize, the bigger the revenue for the club. Genuinely win/win! 🙌

Old Git
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by Old Git » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Look at these 2021/22 Super 50/50 Draw stats so far this season! 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/DarloFCSG/status/14 ... 2265348101

During 2019/20 we were tracking cash prize pots at between £700 and £900 per home game. Biggest win was £909 that season. Average this season is £18 off a grand... 😯

Super 50/50 Draw allows those who like to buy a ticket with coins at Blackwell Meadows, or those who like to click their mouse to make purchases online, or who can't make the game, or who live in London, Lisbon or Lima, all take part.

And remember, the bigger the weekly cash prize, the bigger the revenue for the club. Genuinely win/win! 🙌
The revenue created from the 50/50 draw is excellent. Letting fans who cannot attend the game buy a ticket is a great idea in theory but can I suggest you rig the draw to stop the buggers winning 😢😢😢
Last edited by Old Git on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:07 am

Old Git wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm
The revenue created from the 50/50 draw is excellent. Letting fans who cannot attend the game is a great idea in theory but can I suggest you rig the draw to stop the buggers winning 😢😢😢
Haha! I don't think so... ;)

As the stats show, it is 4/3 just now (as close as it can be after 7 draws, right...) and Saturday's winner was both an online purchaser and at the game. Another one previously was the same.

I think the misconception is that everyone who buys a ticket online doesn't go the games, which is way off the mark. Chances are good if I won I'd be an "online winner", yet I'm there every week. Lots of others will be the same.

It's also a great way to allow exiles to take part, feel closer to the club and to generate revenue from those who otherwise couldn't play.

And it makes for bigger cash prizes! Three over £1,000 this season already. Can't be bad.

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13202
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by divas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:57 am

I expect there’s a lot of people in the same boat as you beatroute66. As we have no provision at the ground to buy a 5050 ticket by any other means than cash it means that many are likely buying online to pay by card. We’ve had feedback via surveys before that people would like the ability to buy 5050 using their card - it’s time consuming to take card payments in person at the ground as only one transaction can be done per seller, at a time, whereas online you can have multiple - this was one of the additional considerations taken into account when choosing to run a combined online and offline draw.

We’ve also seen a big uplift in the amount of card payments on the turnstile this season as the effect of covid has undoubtedly pushed people away from cash and toward contactless payments.

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:55 am

The club has to fall in line with the increasingly 'cashless' world we're living in.

Yes, the provision for fans who have some coins in their pocket has to be there for cash to be collected, clearly, but as time moves on - especially from our teenage/20-something fans - the pressure for 'cashless payments' to be made across the club (tickets, matchday, QR, fundraising, etc) - will only increase.

bga
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by bga » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:35 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:55 am
The club has to fall in line with the increasingly 'cashless' world we're living in.

Yes, the provision for fans who have some coins in their pocket has to be there for cash to be collected, clearly, but as time moves on - especially from our teenage/20-something fans - the pressure for 'cashless payments' to be made across the club (tickets, matchday, QR, fundraising, etc) - will only increase.
Doesn't the answer immediately above demonstrate the Club is doing all it can with the resources it has available to move with the times as you put it? The Club is very progressive an innovative in my view, your criticism is unfair and unfounded.

bga
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by bga » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:55 am
The club has to fall in line with the increasingly 'cashless' world we're living in.

Yes, the provision for fans who have some coins in their pocket has to be there for cash to be collected, clearly, but as time moves on - especially from our teenage/20-something fans - the pressure for 'cashless payments' to be made across the club (tickets, matchday, QR, fundraising, etc) - will only increase.
On reflection perhaps I have misunderstood your first sentance? Do you mean Club is currently "out of line"? I think it would be fairer to say "Club has shown it can move with the times but it will have new challenges ahead as customer choices change."

onewayup
Posts: 2182
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by onewayup » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:38 pm

I attend all games I purchase both online and at the game , it's a credit to the club that you can do the 50/50 both ways not everyone has the availability to use online, so my personal view is we are on the right lines of achieving the best from the draw for both the club and the winner, :thumbup:

User avatar
long_man
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by long_man » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

is there potential to make the 50/50 a subscription service?

So no need to pop your details pre-every game as users forget. Not sure how challenging it would be to have a subscription at home game level rather than weeks/months etc.

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 pm

bga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm
On reflection perhaps I have misunderstood your first sentance? Do you mean Club is currently "out of line"? I think it would be fairer to say "Club has shown it can move with the times but it will have new challenges ahead as customer choices change."
Yeah - you absolutely misunderstood me! I'm saying the club is doing brilliant work on the cashless side, because it has to.

My "the club has to fall in line with..." sentence is a nod towards those who just want an old-school 'match only' 50/50 draw and have been suggesting that the virtual side of it all gets in the way of/disrespect to those who go to the games.

Hope that clarifies! :thumbup:

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13202
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by divas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:39 pm

long_man wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm
is there potential to make the 50/50 a subscription service?

So no need to pop your details pre-every game as users forget. Not sure how challenging it would be to have a subscription at home game level rather than weeks/months etc.
It would present a challenge that’s for sure, but so did combining the online and offline draws and we cracked that one so I’m sure it could be done.

We should probably not forget that we have the lottery which is currently set up along those lines already tho and maybe we need to maintain a distinction between the two?

bga
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by bga » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:40 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 pm
bga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm
On reflection perhaps I have misunderstood your first sentance? Do you mean Club is currently "out of line"? I think it would be fairer to say "Club has shown it can move with the times but it will have new challenges ahead as customer choices change."
Yeah - you absolutely misunderstood me! I'm saying the club is doing brilliant work on the cashless side, because it has to.

My "the club has to fall in line with..." sentence is a nod towards those who just want an old-school 'match only' 50/50 draw and have been suggesting that the virtual side of it all gets in the way of/disrespect to those who go to the games.

Hope that clarifies! :thumbup:
Yes it does thanks apologies for my misunderstanding.👍

User avatar
uncovered
Site Admin
Posts: 2206
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by uncovered » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:17 pm

I bought my tickets online at about 2 o clock because I don’t carry cash with me. This week we appeared to publicise 50/50 more, I got emails and even text messages reminding me about the draw. I think it’s so impressive the technology we are using, way ahead of many full time clubs.

50 years
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by 50 years » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:41 am

I have also bought on line, but mainly prefer to pay cash on the day, because I am old I suppose 😉. It is fantastic the amount that can be won, compared to some of the "bigger" clubs, for example York have roughly double our gate but no where near the amounts that can be won. Our lass who is a York season ticket holder, (makes for a couple of uncomfortable games a season I can tell you😁, although she also wants Darlo to win the other games we play and does come to a few games home and away with me to support the town), cant believe the amount.
I heard that when we played York the BBC York radio presenter also could not believe the large amount of fans wearing black and white Darlo shirts. All testament to the great supporters we have and how they finacially support the club.

"Up the Quakers"

jjljks
Posts: 2363
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by jjljks » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:55 am

Quite often I get to the ground just before KO & if I have no cash or the ladies have a queue, I miss out & buy my ticket online whilst standing in the Tin Shed. Nice to have the option & well done to the IT nerds at the club for setting it up. Great earner for the club over the years now getting a booster

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5167
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 am

beatroute66 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Look at these 2021/22 Super 50/50 Draw stats so far this season! 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/DarloFCSG/status/14 ... 2265348101

During 2019/20 we were tracking cash prize pots at between £700 and £900 per home game. Biggest win was £909 that season. Average this season is £18 off a grand... 😯

Super 50/50 Draw allows those who like to buy a ticket with coins at Blackwell Meadows, or those who like to click their mouse to make purchases online, or who can't make the game, or who live in London, Lisbon or Lima, all take part.

And remember, the bigger the weekly cash prize, the bigger the revenue for the club. Genuinely win/win! 🙌
When I buy online the winner is in the ground, but when I buy in the ground the winner is online. If I continue this to the end of the season can I have a special prize?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by beatroute66 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:56 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 am
When I buy online the winner is in the ground, but when I buy in the ground the winner is online. If I continue this to the end of the season can I have a special prize?
:lol:

I believe that is called Murphy's Law...

joejaques
Posts: 2947
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by joejaques » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 am
beatroute66 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Look at these 2021/22 Super 50/50 Draw stats so far this season! 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/DarloFCSG/status/14 ... 2265348101

During 2019/20 we were tracking cash prize pots at between £700 and £900 per home game. Biggest win was £909 that season. Average this season is £18 off a grand... 😯

Super 50/50 Draw allows those who like to buy a ticket with coins at Blackwell Meadows, or those who like to click their mouse to make purchases online, or who can't make the game, or who live in London, Lisbon or Lima, all take part.

And remember, the bigger the weekly cash prize, the bigger the revenue for the club. Genuinely win/win! 🙌
When I buy online the winner is in the ground, but when I buy in the ground the winner is online. If I continue this to the end of the season can I have a special prize?
Hope you're in the ground today. :roll:
Image

Spratts corner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by Spratts corner » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:57 pm

Please don’t shoot me for asking, but why is the winning number on line seem to be a lot different/longer than the number on the ticket bought at the ground

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5167
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:57 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 am
beatroute66 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Look at these 2021/22 Super 50/50 Draw stats so far this season! 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/DarloFCSG/status/14 ... 2265348101

During 2019/20 we were tracking cash prize pots at between £700 and £900 per home game. Biggest win was £909 that season. Average this season is £18 off a grand... 😯

Super 50/50 Draw allows those who like to buy a ticket with coins at Blackwell Meadows, or those who like to click their mouse to make purchases online, or who can't make the game, or who live in London, Lisbon or Lima, all take part.

And remember, the bigger the weekly cash prize, the bigger the revenue for the club. Genuinely win/win! 🙌
When I buy online the winner is in the ground, but when I buy in the ground the winner is online. If I continue this to the end of the season can I have a special prize?
Hope you're in the ground today. :roll:
Yep, bought my tickets in the ground - the winner was online.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13202
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by divas » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 am

Spratts corner wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:57 pm
Please don’t shoot me for asking, but why is the winning number on line seem to be a lot different/longer than the number on the ticket bought at the ground
Because the platform we use online is totally separate to the book of tickets we issue and we can’t assign specific ticket number ranges to the online platform. There is an option to have same number of digits but then you run (the small) risk of selling a duplicate between the two. Best we could do would be to have just one additional digit for online

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5167
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:02 am

If you buy them at the ground you can use old tickets as little note pads. I haven't bought a note book for years!
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Spratts corner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by Spratts corner » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:47 am

Thanks for that Divas

jjljks
Posts: 2363
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Super 50/50 Draw

Post by jjljks » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:42 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:02 am
If you buy them at the ground you can use old tickets as little note pads. I haven't bought a note book for years!
Good point, also when you win with a real ticket, it is anonymous and you don't get all those begging letters ;)

Post Reply